Hasson and Wong really say this?

carefree

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of welcome to the forum carefree. Its nice that your first post is to attack H&W. Are you Nothappy by chance or know him? If no it looks at bit fishy but I will go to the post. I also assume that you are the guest that commented on his blog.

This is my opinion maybe I am right maybe I am wrong but I am sure Joe will come in and correct me if not. In your preop pictures 2 and 3 you have fine hair and thinning all over the scalp. Without or with meds it is possible to lose these hairs within a 2 year period. Looking at your pictures on your Pre-op and 2 yrs post op comparison . Picture 1 and 2 compared to picture 3 show a difference. Pictures 4 and 5 show that you no longer have your original hair and it appears that you only have grafts hair in the front. Too bad your jump from 3 months post op to 2 years post op. This would be important to see how the growth was at 1 year to see if you how much of your original hair was there one year post op.

You stated since you had quite a tight scalp and Dr. Hasson was only able to take 2695 grafts. I am sure you were a case that needed at least 4000+. Looking at the grafts places it looks like you had an area of around 200 square cm. It also appears that you have thinner hair from the pictures that I see. That mean you had a average of 18 grafts per square cm which is not alot. I disagree with that fact that only 30% grew and maybe you need to post more pictures. Although I cant speak for the clinic but if possible I would recommend that you go visit them and have them count the grafts that grew.

Once again I can only base my opinion on the picture that I have seen and my experience. I am sorry that he is not happy.

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Even if 2695 grafts. Still awful. No progress at all. Atleast the hairline would be fixed. No no no. We gotta hear something from H&W. Thats the 1st time i see a result like that from H&W. But what made my mind blow is when I heard that you were told your results are more than adequate and in fact very good" !!!!!!!!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Lorenzo i don't know the poster "NotHappy" and i haven't posted on his blog. You need to take a deep breath man.

I also did NOT attack H&W i just simply posted this because i think it needs brought to peoples attention. I didnt bother to read the rest of your rant since you like to ASSUME things.

Also Lorenzo we probably won't even hear NotHappy's side of the story now that you instantly attacked me as if i were him.

Do Hasson and Wong pay you to attack people who post links to HT RESULTS THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR?

Are you going to defend the way they take donor about 3 inches too high as well?

First of welcome to the forum carefree. Its nice that your first post is to attack H&W. Are you Nothappy by chance or know him? If no it looks at bit fishy but I will go to the post. I also assume that you are the guest that commented on his blog.

This is my opinion maybe I am right maybe I am wrong but I am sure Joe will come in and correct me if not. In your preop pictures 2 and 3 you have fine hair and thinning all over the scalp. Without or with meds it is possible to lose these hairs within a 2 year period. Looking at your pictures on your Pre-op and 2 yrs post op comparison . Picture 1 and 2 compared to picture 3 show a difference. Pictures 4 and 5 show that you no longer have your original hair and it appears that you only have grafts hair in the front. Too bad your jump from 3 months post op to 2 years post op. This would be important to see how the growth was at 1 year to see if you how much of your original hair was there one year post op.

You stated since you had quite a tight scalp and Dr. Hasson was only able to take 2695 grafts. I am sure you were a case that needed at least 4000+. Looking at the grafts places it looks like you had an area of around 200 square cm. It also appears that you have thinner hair from the pictures that I see. That mean you had a average of 18 grafts per square cm which is not alot. I disagree with that fact that only 30% grew and maybe you need to post more pictures. Although I cant speak for the clinic but if possible I would recommend that you go visit them and have them count the grafts that grew.

Once again I can only base my opinion on the picture that I have seen and my experience. I am sorry that he is not happy.

this post is ridiculous. if u honestly believe this result is ok then there is no reasoning with you. and who cares if its not the original patient? what does this have to do with the fact this result is awful?

Sorry to see this guys situation and how he has been dealt with. HW

customer service shouldn't be bench mark after all hey.

HW are not all they are cracked up to be in my opinion. It is clear

they have just as many issues and unsatisfied patients as other

clinics just better at making them go away or hiding them ... or not

as the case may be

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

Firstly and most importantly, our forum co-moderator David did contact Hasson and Wong about the blogger's concerns and this topic just today. Thus, I suspect Joe will respond on the patient's website and this topic as soon as he's able. I too would like to hear the explanation especially since this patient claims he's attempted to contact the clinic with no resolution. Given Hasson and Wong's reputation for standing behind their patients however, I find this claim hard to believe.

Secondly, I want to know why "carefree" shares the same IP address as forum member "Vincehair" and "AWidowsPeak", two members which until now, I thought were two different people. If these three members are using the same IP address to post, they're not likely the same poster masquerading as distinct identities.

Frankly, if members can't post all of their opinions and concerns under one alias, then there is a hidden agenda and an unwillingness to be 100% transparent. This is highly frowned upon by this community and in violation of our terms of service. Our terms of service state:

"You agree to establish only one Registration Account and to use one username when posting on our Web Sites. Providing any untruthful or inaccurate information, allowing any other person to use your account and password to access any of the Sites, and/or posting under multiple usernames or aliases, constitutes a breach of these Terms of Use. We reserve the right to terminate your access and use of the Web Sites if you provide untruthful or inaccurate information or if more than one individual accesses the Web Sites using any single Registration Account. "

Thus, I expect a viable explanation from "Carefree" or I will be suspending all 3 accounts.

Best wishes,

Bill

First of all I never said this was a great result. I said that I dont believe that it is only 30% growth. Since I dont know anything about this patient so lets wait and see what Joe says.

Also Lorenzo we probably won't even hear NotHappy's side of the story now that you instantly attacked me as if i were him.

Do Hasson and Wong pay you to attack people who post links to HT RESULTS THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR?

sorry if you are overly sensitive. I never attacks you but I dont want to get into it with you. Although when a posters decides to post his very first post against a doctor its looks fishy. I have a history of this forum so maybe instead of making false accustation against me why spend not spend sometime and read my history

I have over 450 posts over the last 8 years. If you read my bottom comments on every post it say.

I assist H&W with translation when needed and available."I AM NOT A REP", I am a full time real estate agent. My comments and opinions are 100% mine.

I dont believe anyone was called an idiot. I was not there as I am not a consutlation. I dont hid behind my computer like many people. I recieve alot of emails from poster that come to Vancouver and I do go out of my way to meet anyone that want to meet me. I have a history and a story that can be 100% verified.

Anyways I would like to hear the whole story for this patient. I gave my opinion and stated maybe I am wrong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Thanks Bill for straigtening that out. Carefree, Vincehair and AWidowsPeak I cant believe how STUPID somebody can be to think nobody can find out this is the same person. Your comments in the past were against H&W and other clinics.

I am sure Joe will respond this very soon.

just to clarify something here becouse i am familiar regarding webservers and ips etc.

the fact the 3 people show to have the same ip doesnt mean that its the same poster, it could be or it could be not.

becouse many isp's use dynamic ips. this means that ips changes from time to time. if these users show to have the same ip on very close time dates then they could be the same person, else this is not the case.

apart from the above fact, 3 different people can use the same ip at the same time if they share the same wi fi connection, or if they connect from a private lan or if they use the same proxy,

Before this topic devolves into something worse, I just want to add my two cents. Far too often on this forum instances like this occur. A poor result is posted, and make no mistake about it, this result is absolutely awful, and clinic cheerleaders jump in to defend the clinic, while clinic bashers jump in to bash the clinic or doctor. The result is that the topic goes off course, gets locked, and nothing is resolved. That's not helpful for anyone.

The issue of H&W and the height/length of their strips isn't relevant to this result at all, so I have no idea why it was brought up. It does nothing but detract from the issues NotHappy, which were poor growth and poor customer service.

Lorenzo, whether carefree has an agenda is also irrelevant. He had a concern about an incident and brought it up publicly. Even if he did so with malicious intent, highlighting an actual concern of an actual patient is not a bad thing. I think you jump in and defend H&W far too often, and I believe that tends to rub some posters the wrong way. H&W have an OUTSTANDING and well deserved reputation on this forum for great results and great responses to dissatisfied patients. However, they, just like all clinics, are not above criticism. Try to keep that in mind. There is no need to defend them in every instance.

We all know that Joe is going to come on here and handle this in a way that is satisfactory. Let us all just pump the brakes and wait until more information is brought to light before rushing to judgment one way or the other.

Maybe I didnt handle this right. Lets see what Joe has to say. There is a possiblity that all four of these people may even be the same person NOTHAPPY and the other three. If that it the case wouldnt it be easier if only explain this story rather than played this game around it. If I am wrong I apologize to NOTHAPPY.

Ts*&&(I didnt mention your name) one second you dont want your name mentioned and a second later you post;).

Ts*&&(I didnt mention your name) one second you dont want your name mentioned and a second later you post;).

i asked the reference to my ht not to be involved here. i posted some technical computer stuff that i do happen to know. completely 2 different things lorenzo.

Was this patient on meds? Fin? Because this looks like a classic example of transplanted hair simply replacing the miniaturized hair.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

aaron;

Was this patient on meds? Fin? Because this looks like a classic example of transplanted hair simply replacing the miniaturized hair.

Thats a very good question. It would be nice to see the transplant after 1year or so.

Forum members. I understand that there are many questions on your minds regarding our handling of this patient and I do agree that this case looks bad - no, really bad!

Please let me give you some information which may alter your perception of this patient's case.

This patient came to see us as a repair case. I do not see him mentioning this and the photos that he has shown do not reveal much evidence of previous work.

The fact is that his previous work was actually poor in every respect. To be fair this should have been mentioned.

Please examine these photos that show what the previous work looked like.

before1.jpg?805304919

before3.jpg?587966285

before2.jpg?2052613552

In any case the possible outcome is determined primarily by one factor - the availability of donor hair. This is especially true in a repair case. In this patient's case his donor was scarred and his donor density low. We were only able to yield a total of 2685 grafts with 1035 being single hair fu's.

In modern follicular unit surgery the challenge no longer lies in achieving a high density transplant - this is now relatively easy. The challenge is in achieving a good aesthetic result at a low recipient density. With high contrast between hair and skin color this is even more difficult.

With a total of 2685 FU for the entire top of the scalp I was left to try and restore as much as possible a normal appearance for this patient.

img_0627.jpg?339906964

In the months following surgery the patient, on two separate occasions, sent us photos (completely unsolicited by us) showing his result and saying how happy he was.

The following photos were on the patient's blog but before the link was posted at the beginning of this thread they were removed by the patient.

img_0110_1.jpg?338098295

img_0107_1.jpg?1057450257

My opinion based on these photos was that this was a good outcome for this patient.

Now, how can a good outcome suddenly, 2 years later, become a bad outcome with poor growth? Did the transplants just die? The answer is that good and well executed hair transplants are enduring and do not turn bad. Then how do these results look so bad? Easy. In this case, NotHappy, chose to not reveal the true circumstances surrounding his hair surgery. He removed the photos which looked good and then only showed the photos where he looked as if he stepped out of a tornado. Clearly NotHappy intended to make H&W look bad.

In spite of this we told NotHappy to contact us to discuss this problem further - he again forgot to mention this.

I have to wonder at which point an unhappy patient becomes a malicious patient. It is my opinion that that occurs when the truth is purposely distorted.

Although I am guilty as well I dont like the way people just jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts. So far in this thread there has been alot of proven deciet. It was done to not share the whole story and main goal to make H&W look bad.

Not happy didnt show all the pictures nor did he share many facts of his surgery. Carefree came out of the blue on his first post and posted this thread. It was proven that he has two other login names as well I wouldnt be surprised if he is Nothappy was well. A normal patient if he is not happy would contact the clinic with his concerns not start this sort of post.

If you would have posted your one year pictures compared to your before my response and I am sure many other would have been

Your results look very good especailly for only 2600 grafts in a big area.

Dr. Hasson,

Thanks for taking the time to address this thread. I wouldn’t worry too much about your reputation being maligned by it though—this thread was suspect by almost everyone from the very beginning for several reasons. Hopefully, it will just be deleted or the poster’s account(s) suspended.

I don’t know anything about “Carefree” or “NotHappy” or if they are in any way associated or indeed the same person as some suspect. However, just to confirm, NotHappy does in fact mention that he had a previous HT in his blog in the 3 Day Update section.

Posted :3/29/2009

“Unfortunately Dr Hasson could only get 2,695 grafts due to the elasticity of my scalp not coming back all the way from my previous hair transplant and the fact that my hair density is not great. “

Of course, he doesn’t mention the result of his first HT or who performed it. Nor does he mention that his HT with H&W was to be a “repair” case. So there is a chance that Carefree and NotHappy are not the same person… Either way, something is rotten in Denmark with these guys.

In regard to the before and after photos, I agree with your analysis, as I think most members will, that there was a definite cosmetic improvement, especially considering the number of grafts and area covered.

Again, thanks for your cool-headed response. I don’t think anyone really takes Carefree seriously. I hope the moderators can figure this out.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

As a funny aside, I knew something was fishy with Carefree and NotHappy when he (they) stated that H&W only put 2,700 grafts in his NW5/6 head!

Are you kidding me? H&W puts 2,700 grafts in a NW3 hairline! Lol!

It had to be a repair job!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Dr. Hasson,

Thank you for taking the time to come on the forum to post. I think doctors who come on and respond to these cases without coming across as defensive or aggressive do themselves a huge service and only enhance their reputations.

I was, however, a little unclear on a part of your answer. You wrote:

"Now, how can a good outcome suddenly, 2 years later, become a bad outcome with poor growth? Did the transplants just die? The answer is that good and well executed hair transplants are enduring and do not turn bad. Then how do these results look so bad? Easy. In this case, NotHappy, chose to not reveal the true circumstances surrounding his hair surgery. He removed the photos which looked good and then only showed the photos where he looked as if he stepped out of a tornado. "

So just to be clear, this is a case of bad hairstyling or manipulating the style to show the results in the worst way possible? In other words, none of the grafts you planted fell out or anything (and he did not lose some of his previous hair?). I think that's certainly possible, but I just wanted to make sure that I was understanding you correctly. I'm just having a hard time understanding how it could look good at one point and then look so bad after two years. (I understand that 2600 grafts over that area certainly is not a lot - I got 2800 just in my front third and needed a few hundred more to shore it up).

Again, thanks for your response.

The clincher for me was that photo showing where 2685 grafts were spread over a VERY large area, yet NotHappy claims it was just the front third which is obviously a lie.

And then you have the fact that the hair looks to be perfectly straight and the contrast ratio is worst case scenario.

Taking all of this into consideration one can clearly see in those photos Not Happy deleted that his result was up to par for the # of grafts received and large area covered.

I hate to sound accusatory, but I think he's trying to use the forum to get some free grafts to increase his density even though his result was what should be expected considering his poor traits.

Newbies need to understand that in most cases you will need ALOT of grafts to get a decent, natural looking result that will please you -- especially if your hair is straight with no wave and brown/black upon pale white skin. The 1/2 of original density (40 per sq cm) that many docs say is good enough is IMO largely misleading for the front third area, unless the look you are going for is an old geezer with a whispy combover !

Dr. H says "density is everything" and after going thru with this I can see that he is absolutely correct. This is also why by far the most important thing you can do before considering a HT is to take finasteride and try to preserve as much hair as possible.

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

Once the real story and pictures were shown its alot easier to understand. I have commented on nothappys blog and he keeps erasing my comments. He is entitled to that but all I am asking him is why he will not post on this thread.

I dont want to make accusations but I am still believe that carefree and him are the same person. If I am incorrect then I apologize.

Tao all I can say is OMG you have an amazing transformation. You must be really happy.

Corvete you are on your way to an amazing results!!