Dr Umar 7500 grafts by fue, norwood 7

HairToday72

Looking good hairtoday! The hair has matured quite a bit and it will more in the next few months. I like length best in these pics so far. I could see why if you wanted more work done in the future - especially since the first one with Dr. Umar turned out very well in my opinion. It looks as if there are some thin spots in the front and the crown. But again, I think another procedure might just do the trick for you.

I believe the overall plan is to do another pass after this procedure fully matures. Luckily, it looks like Hair Today has a very ample beard donor hair area. :D

Atticus :)

Edited by Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally at the 12 month post op mark, just posted my pics.

Planning on a second procedure in Jan to add some more density to hairline and parts that didnt grow so well.

WOW,

Norwood 7 and now this. It is a major change. You must be thrilled. Big difference. Just shows anything is possible with the right surgeon. I keep lookin at your before picture and the recent one, what a transformation. Congrats!

Edited by Sean

Finally at the 12 month post op mark, just posted my pics.

Planning on a second procedure in Jan to add some more density to hairline and parts that didnt grow so well.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks great man! Of course, I would expect nothing less from my Doctor.

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Hairtoday, It's a big step forward IMO. Like you said it is not yet complete, but you should be thrilled with these results. A little bit of dermmatch could also add a lot for you. I would consider refining the temple points for your next procedure - they are a little bit too straight for my taste. Maybe even addressing the hairline with a little more scalp hair.

How many grafts are you thinking for January? Do you have a lot of head hair left for donor? It does seem to be getting a little thinner in that region. Also, have you given thought for Dr. Rassman's SMP? You just may be the perfect candidate for that.

Again, huge improvement. Perfect? No, but a major success considering the experimental nature of these type of surgeries. Well done brave one!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks guys.

The plan is to add density to top, front and hairline. There isn't anything left to take from the sides of my scalp but I think there is still some left at the back which has grown back and recovered well. I am going to go for 3500+ grafts if I can get away with it. Still quite a lot of beard donor to use.

I hear you about smp, i haven't ruled it out but it's gonna be another 12 months after the next surgery before I can decide if to go that route.

Aaron, how's ur progress m8? Your last set of pics looked great.

I hear you about smp, i haven't ruled it out but it's gonna be another 12 months after the next surgery before I can decide if to go that route.

Smart. Thinking ahead yet taking it one step at a time. I just have a feeling you are going to be absolutely thrilled in the end. Dr. Umar has done well for you.

Aaron, how's ur progress m8? Your last set of pics looked great.

Coming along slowly but surely. 4 month pics will be up in a couple days...

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

• 5 months later...

Not been on for a while but just posted some 18 month pics.

Thanks for everyone's support, best wishes and comments throughout my journey - this community really helped me through.

Planning on going back next month for a second pass focussing on hairline and front. Will probably journal my progress if guys are interested.

How do you feel about everything mate? I think you've done well it looks great considering where you've come from and what you've put into such a large area.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

HairToday, you look good. 7500 grafts seem like they grew well since you had such a large area to cover especially by being a Norwood 7. What's more is that I am guessing most of those grafts were 1 hair grafts because with body hair you don't really see many 2-3 hair groupings. I don't even know if body hair consists of 2-3 hair groupings at all for that matter. Can't wait to see the progress of your next procedure. How many grafts are you planning on getting for the hairline/frontal region this time?

Honestly, if I saw you on the street I would think your hair looks weird. Not sure if everyone else really think it "looks good" or is lying but I don't think it looks natural at all. Sorry to be debbie downer but I think we need to be more real here instead of lying and patting everyone on the back. Fact is some people just aren't HT candidates, or get bad hair transplants. I think this one looks weird just my opinion. Not trying to be mean just honest.

HairToday,

Thanks for taking the time to update us. Like many others, I've been following your progress from the beginning. I don't find your hair looks unnatural but, of course, thin. This is to be expected given where you started out.

I agree with KO. Have you tried more of a buzz cut? How about concealers?

The important thing is that you are happy. Congrats!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks b. Feel pretty good about how it's turned out. I know some maybe younger guys wouldn't be happy but being 40 and having been totally bald for nearly 20 yrs before its been a life changer for the better!

Looking good man!!!!!!!!

• 8 months later...

Sorry its been a while since I last updated. I returned to Dr Umar last may (2012) for another 3000 grafts to add density and build up the front. At just over 7 months post surgery, really happy with progress and results.

Have attached some new pics to my profile if anyone is interested.

Best wishes all. Thanks for all the kind messages and support over the last couple of years on this long journey.

Man, I have to say I'm impressed. Everyone make sure to look at HairToday72's pre-surgery pics...

Welcome back dude.

I have to say Hairtoday72 from looking at your first op, i did think, it doesnt look great, he really shouldnt of bothered...But...... How wrong i was.... After you 2nd op, wow.... it looks fantastic. Well done mate. Well done indeed .

Wow! That second operation was truly the "icing on the cake." One of the most complete hair restoration cases I've seen. You must be thrilled!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I don't even know if body hair consists of 2-3 hair groupings at all for that matter.
I have plenty of 3's on my legs and countless 2's. of course im harry like a monkey:rolleyes: but nonetheless there are.

and its great reading threads like this cause it totally debunks the idea that large sessions can only be performed via FUT. if u have plenty of body hair then it simply comes down to $$$$$$$$

• 2 months later...