6228 grafts with Dr. Rahal

stellar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I'm new round here - is this nearly a record number of grafts in one session?

Your description does sound a bit of an ordeal, and it looks like there was quite a bit of swelling.

I had the headband on for 3 whole days (3,900 FUT) and never noticed any swelling, certainly wasn't sick either - just wondering if this 6,200 grafts is a bit too much, too long, for human endurance to take in one session?

But you're going to have a big transformation, can't wait to see it

Sorry I'm new round here - is this nearly a record number of grafts in one session?

Your description does sound a bit of an ordeal, and it looks like there was quite a bit of swelling.

I had the headband on for 3 whole days (3,900 FUT) and never noticed any swelling, certainly wasn't sick either - just wondering if this 6,200 grafts is a bit too much, too long, for human endurance to take in one session?

But you're going to have a big transformation, can't wait to see it

Swelling is very common. It happens in sessions of all sizes with some patients' faces really ballooning. I guess you were lucky.

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

> Your description does sound a bit of an ordeal, and it looks like there was

> quite a bit of swelling.

The face swelling wasn't actually that bad. It did swell a little for 3-4 days but from what I understand, this was relatively minor, especially considering the size of the precedure.

> certainly wasn't sick either

I was pretty neauseated the first night but really got sick after I tried taking the "strong" pain killers. After that I stuck with Tylenols 3s instead and I was fine. At leat for me, the pain wasn't very intense anyway. My personal experience was that the restrictions (sleep at a 45 degree angle, no "real" shower, don't touch the hairs, etc.) and the "maintenance" (ex.: clean and put vitamine E twice a day) were more annoying than the procedure itself or the pain.

After a month now, most of the restrictions are lifted which feels very good. I was really looking forward to get to that point.

• 1 month later...

Congrats in Advance, Great Doc, Great Choice....

Rahal and H&W are twins (2 faces in on coin)... They use same technique, denisty and large sessions.

To me they are the Best two clinics in the world (happens to be Canadian)...

If you do a HT with them you would ugly like hell but in months you would more beatiful than ever you have been. Its just that they need to shave you to do good dense packing and lateral slit to avoid intersecting other hairs.

Congratulations and thanks for Dr. Wong for creating this technique again. Dr. Rahal is a great surgeon and you wont have any problem following up with him, he is very accommodation and open hearted Doc with great ethics and manners.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

Here are some pictures taken earlier this month. (March 1st 2011)

I've very happy with the progress and everyone which has seen me before is amazed at the results so far. It's really making a big difference when looking from the front.

Looking forward to further growth in the next months!

5b32cd0b2b146_postop3months1.jpg.a56aa291666dc2884d25c0a5a9e35d61.jpg

5b32cd0b4678c_postop3months2.jpg.2fda7016386043974067a1d69a3a582c.jpg

5b32cd0b57fc2_postop3months3.jpg.1a75edd4896f259e5312840c93771af9.jpg

5b32cd0b764d7_postop3months4.jpg.88aa10784fcffb25429e066c08d1c1c0.jpg

5b32cd0b89881_postop3months5.jpg.82fab0c267daa7c2fd1f1b125d3f457c.jpg

• 8 months later...
Matt posted his 7 month results here a few months ago. I don't recall seeing an update since then.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161303-dr-rahal-patient-6228-grafts-fut.html

Wow, I commented on that thread and didn't recognize it was the same guy. lol. That results was impressive at the 7 month mark. I am sure it is even better now though. He must have had more growth by now. That was only his halfway mark. I wonder how it looks now.

Matt posted his 7 month results here a few months ago. I don't recall seeing an update since then.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161303-dr-rahal-patient-6228-grafts-fut.html

Unbelievable!! I also commented on that thread...at 7 months and he still has so much more to go...excellent result!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

why would you do that. just be bald. i've had five transplants and i was barely balding. worst mistake i've ever made. ever. now i look just the same except for a inch wide scar that just keeps gettin bigger year after year. goin on 13 years now. hairs transplantation is the worst selective surgery of all time.

why would you do that. just be bald. i've had five transplants and i was barely balding. worst mistake i've ever made. ever. now i look just the same except for a inch wide scar that just keeps gettin bigger year after year. goin on 13 years now. hairs transplantation is the worst selective surgery of all time.

Who are you talking too? You come on here talking about your 5 surgeries and this huge scar but you were barely bald. Yet, of course, no pictures!!! Why don't you post some pics of your barely bald head and then your 5 surgeries and then the inch wide scar on your head. Till then, you really have NO credibility.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh... God, Im goin nuts... Thats a hell of a change. I cant believe this. Im jealous like hell lol... Amazing fantastic breathtaking work by Dr. Rahal. Im speechless.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Due to popular demand, here are some pictures I just took. Certainly not as good as Dr. Rahal, but should give you an idea.

Density is pretty good everywhere except the crown which is still pretty thin.

But overall it makes a world of difference and I'm very happy with the results.

cheers,

Stellar

front-2.jpg.05261d7e6bd3ecad031b114c4742db48.jpg

front.jpg.03d21d18283cc4a977fef3f9b783612d.jpg

side.jpg.376afb96ebc42f58b00dcf1236879587.jpg

top.jpg.19a324fddbc3dcf56d52072d10a9accb.jpg

Steller - Very nice. How many grafts did Dr. Rahal put in the crown? What is your plan for a second procedure to fill in the crown?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

You must have a lot of confidence to rock a center parting haircut. I too would like to see the crown and know how many grafts were in the crown as its interesting how 2 parts of a scalp can have different results if of course both areas were planted at the same grafts per cm.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk