First PRP treatment in New York-Dr. Alan Feller

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole "it might do something" is too shady for me to spend 1k+ yearly... I was really considering this and almost booked that appointment after speaking with one of Dr. Greco's consultants. After reading some patients having this over a few months ago aren't getting any benefits and are still losing hair, the big P seems to be the thing I'll end up having to use... despite how painful it is.

Just as a few patients saying it is great (mostly undocumented), we must be fair and keep an open mind since the subjects for which reported it failed - are again only case studies...

Personally, I wouldn't spend a penny until someone presented a peer-reviewed, well conducted study, in an indexed journal. But that is just my opinion.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

I agree with hairhope; i don't have the money to just throw away on something so new and relatively unproven at this point. i would much rather save my money up for another ht down the road and see if there are more significant results with prp in the future.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread is HUGE. How do I begin to reply?

PRP has been going well. So far NO reports of shedding-which was my first concern as we obviously don't want to do any harm.

I have had phone feedback from about ten patients all but one have claimed that they felt their hairloss as stopped or slowed. Only one reported no change. Interstingly, he had the best hair of all the PRP patients.

I'm hoping to get more good quality photos soon and will, as per usual, post them right here.

Dr. Feller

thanks dr. feller, encouraging to hear. Dr. Greco mentioned that most of his patients have reported some combination of a slowing or stopping of loss and improvement in hair and scalp conditions. Hopefully this becomes another treatment for all hair loss sufferers looking forward to more pics.

Dr. Feller, that's great to hear. I'm currently about 2.5 weeks post-PRP. I haven't really noticed a big change, but it's still early. I'm curious, did your patients notice an improvement early or was it a few months before they saw that they were losing less hair?

Also, I'd like to add that whenever I use the DermRoller (which was given to me by Dr. Greco), I seem to lose less hair the next few days. If I skip the Derm Roller, it seems that more hairs are falling out. At this point, I can't say for sure, but that's just something that I've noticed.