First PRP treatment in New York-Dr. Alan Feller

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dr. Alan Feller:

I'd like to thank Bverotti for the following video of a PRP patient from his clinic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCJ30dioH0E

great video, makes me just want to get the prp done

Dr Feller, I have a couple of questions, first of allis it working well in the hairline/temple area?

Also I live in the UK and have been speaking with Spex, still no definite start date in the UK, I am going to wait until the end of the year and then if still nothing over here, will consider flying to New York, how long is the waiting list?

Hope to hear back from you soon.

do the GMC have to give approval of the treatment or is it simply they have to say whether its safe or not?

Where'd it go although i do agree with you on that one, they do comb is over in every direction and there does seem to be a general improvement though i agree not as grand as the first shot shows.

Originally posted by Where'd It Go:

The hair is combed diferently in the before and after pics. Im tired of them using this to demo their 'results'.

dude.. are you blind? There is obviously some thickening going on... He combed it in everywhich way the hair could go.. You can barely see his scalp in the after pics.. I wish I had a result like this..

This is a little tricky. While the hair does appear to provide more coverage, the before shots are not styled. Look at the hair in the lower right of the crown; it is not combed. In the after it is neatly combed over. A truer picture would have the hair in the before combed through, too. sorry, this doesn't prove it for me...but i still remain cautiously optimistic about prp.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi Dr. Feller...

WOW! This is what i am looking for. I think i am the PERFECT candidate! I have not lost any hairs, (not many for sure), but a HUGE part of my hairs has gotten thinner, miniatualized as you say.

I am on minoxidil and finesterid for 6 months now.

I will post some pictures, so you can tell me if i am an candidate.

There pictures are about 1?? months old, now my hair is only .3 cm long icon_wink.gif

Best regards - Christoffer, Denmark.

IMG_2794.thumb.JPG.679c7e49abf0492f7756cbe53b4ee2fb.JPG

Here is one more. icon_smile.gif

- I am reading this tread, but i am only at page 8, but then i couldn't wait any more to post a picture... But i will ofcouse read the whole tread.

Can't wait to hear from you Dr. Feller, and everyone else there have comments to my pictures icon_smile.gif

Best regards - Christoffer, Denmark.

IMG_2781.thumb.JPG.a13b9ab11d04d1889168c17213a0a6ad.JPG

Originally posted by spex:

We are still waiting on the GMC to grant the relevant insurance for this treatment in the UK. You do not need fly over to Dr Feller for PRP - Get over to Bart/Bverotti at Prohair (the clinic which Dr Feller just linked to) in Brussels as they are doing it if you are not able to wait for the treatment here in the UK.. much easier than travelling all the way to NYC and less cost of travelling. I believe Prohair charge 500 euros approx ??500 for a treatment.

Hi

That cud possibly be an option.

Do you know what their website address is or have an e-mail address, cant find anything on Google for them.

Thanks

BTB

i agree lets see some more pics, otherwise i think u have to write this off as a disappointment. if there was evidence it was working, dont u think dr. feller would post more pics? business 101. i think the lack of pics is telling...

Dr, it has been several months since you started practicing PRP. Will we see some before and after pics in this decade?

Dr. Feller did the first treatment in May. That's just five months ago--I think we can give him some more time before we go into hysterics and claim prp has failed and is a sham. keep in mind too that not all patients are going to rush into his office for follow-up visits to get their pictures taken.

I am just as anxious as you guys to see results and to see if this works, but you really need to chill out. dr. feller is great at documenting his work and is also very upfront--i'm sure he will keep us in the loop on the success or failure of prp.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by hairthere:
Dr, it has been several months since you started practicing PRP. Will we see some before and after pics in this decade?

Dr. Feller did the first treatment in May. That's just five months ago--I think we can give him some more time before we go into hysterics and claim prp has failed and is a sham. keep in mind too that not all patients are going to rush into his office for follow-up visits to get their pictures taken.

I am just as anxious as you guys to see results and to see if this works, but you really need to chill out. dr. feller is great at documenting his work and is also very upfront--i'm sure he will keep us in the loop on the success or failure of prp.

I agree, I am just as anxious as every1 else to see more evidence that this works and to actually start the treatment, but I guess the longer we wait, the more info we will have.

Good things come to those who wait.

It is VERY hard to get patients to return to the office for photos. Thankfully, we have received quite a bit of feedback via phone and email and the results have been quite positive. Patients whom I thought were very tough customers, meaning skeptical, have given very positive reviews-the most common of which is decreased or arrest of shedding.

There is quite a bit of accusatory language on this thread, par for the course, but I will reiterate that my method of evaluating PRP is by trying to blow holes in it just as many of you are. So far, I have not been able to do so. Most of the feedback has been positive and to date, after 50 PRP treatments, not one person complained of accelerated loss.

If PRP is a dud, I will be the first to pronounce it, but so far it is holding it's own. When I was contacted by Bverotti with his own results my confidence in PRP grew because now I wasn't the only one giving feedback online.

We as viewers of a hair transplant website are spoiled by the dramatic results that hair transplants offer. This may work against the perception of PRP because such dramatic results really aren't possible and as such leave PRP results and before/after photos subject to harsher criticizm than it might justly deserve.

My wish is that more doctors would offer PRP so that we can get more information faster.

Dr. Feller

Dr feller i appreciate what you are saying about the difficulty of getting patients in for feedback and thank you for your continual updates of the situation. However you must appreciate that as outsiders to the situation we can't simply rely on your word for it working and if you want to take it in the strictest sense simply the words of patients. You must surely appreciate that people will want to see pictures so they can assess for themselves what the situation is, though i agree people mustn't imagine the success of a HT.

On a side note to this do you know of anyone who is looking into doing any real clinical tests on the technique? Prehaps if such a thing is unfeasible then drs who are offering it could do more anaylsis and sharing of their results to allow for a better view of whats happening?

How are things going with the UK office, what are the current barriers and how are they likely to be overcome?

Hey no thats fair enough, what i was getting at was more whether the GMC had to approve PRP in some way or like you said just the way it was given, as the former might of taken longer or had a worse outcome than the latter. I absolutely understand the need for this icon_smile.gif.

Thanks

Yeah seriously I agree with Dr Feller, if more doctors were doing these treatments AND communicating the results to people, we could get more data faster.

But this takes massive effort to do, so I can understand why there is potential reluctance.

This is also why I have so much respect for Dr. Feller for having the balls to take this initiative on. It also solidifies why he is one of the best professionals in this field people, he is never satisfied with the status quo and is constantly striving for new ways to help us baldies out (his innovative FUE methods and his efforts to test and communicate PRP efficacy.)

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see any reason why you would not be a good candidate - as long as you realise it's an experimental procedure which may or may not help. I think Dr Feller stated earlier in the topic that a patient just beginning to thin is one of the best candidates for PRP.

I'd also like to ask Dr Feller something - do you see the current experimental PRP as a stepping stone to more advanced types of PRP in the near future? I'd imagine that if PRP is proven to have some positive effect on hair/scalp, there might well be ways for you to enhance that effect.