First PRP treatment in New York-Dr. Alan Feller

Spex,

That's an interesting photo collage but it's really hard to tell if there are any real improvements. There's no doubt that the hair looks progressively better however, the hair is styled differently in each picture - from not combed at all, to styled downward, to styled backward. The hair also appears to be wet in the first picture and gets progressively dryer (though still a little wet) in the other pictures.

Some constructive input if I may: I think what would probably help the most in these presentations is close-up pictures of a targeted area showing actual increase in hair shaft diameter and/or new hair growth.

Just some food for thought.

Bill

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting those pics spex. I can see what Bill was saying about the styling, however, your second set of pictures definately clears up any question marks as to whether there is any improvement.

In my opinion, there is a tremendous improvement. What I would really like to know is: who is/isn't a good candidate? Should I send my pics to you/ Dr Feller?

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Spex, thanks for the pics. A couple questions.

Was this patient on any meds? If so how long has he been on them?

Also I thought Feller had a full head of hair. Why is he not a candidate??

Also does Feller think prp will work on the frontal scalp. Not necessarily the hair line but right behind it??

ny, it stated in the thread earlier that he is not on meds. feller, no i think he has a bald crown. and for the front, it will work just not as well as on the crown (at least according to greco).

at this point, no point in asking anymore questions. you are either going to respond to it or u arent. the only way u know is if u try it.

Hdude thanks for the reply but I think you can never ask too many questions when it has to do with something that is experimental and also includes injections into the scalp. Sorry if my questions annoy you but thanks for the reply.

As far as the patient goes, Feller posted two sufferer patients pics and I thought it was the other patient that was not on any meds and that he did not mention whether or not this patient was on meds. Spex can you clear this up??

Spex,

Thanks for positing better pics...Could you clarify more clearly who is a candidate and who isn't? And when you say a diffuse thinner is an ideal candidate, does that also include both men & women?

From my perspective, the results look promising, but still a long way to go... Here is the killer though, since Dr. Greceo and Dr. Feller brought this procedure to this forum, it is quickly gaining traction.... So much for big pharma companies...LOL...

Nobody knows the answers to your questions, pure speculation - I am suprised after working for years in clinical research conducting well controlled clinical studies, in many cases on much simpler measures as outcomes (e.g, BP), that you guys are trying to extrapolate results from simple pictures...?

With that said, I am thankful that Doc Feller is taking the time to at least do some testing on this protocol.

Originally posted by M1A1:

Spex,

Thanks for positing better pics...Could you clarify more clearly who is a candidate and who isn't? And when you say a diffuse thinner is an ideal candidate, does that also include both men & women?

From my perspective, the results look promising, but still a long way to go... Here is the killer though, since Dr. Greceo and Dr. Feller brought this procedure to this forum, it is quickly gaining traction.... So much for big pharma companies...LOL...

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Dr Feller, I'm 23 and approaching a NW3 where my crown is absolutely fine - it's just the front. I understand that PRP won't really help receeders, however what remains of my frontal third seems to be thinning - this is especially noticeable when wet.

Infact when the hair is wet you can start to see thinning behind the forelock and the startings of the formation of the 'mohawk' that you often refer to. Would I be a candiadate - just to maintain and strengthen the front third? I want to get PRP done in the UK and I understand it is starting next month.

Thanks for your time.

Propecia since July 2008

Hey Spex, I was doing some research and it looks like Dr. Greco is a part owner of Orogen (the company that makes all of the equipment for prp that I believe Feller uses). Is this true? I am not sure what to make of this, just wanted to now if you Greco is in fact part owner of the company.

Just wanted to note my opinion on all hairloss products.

When evaluating any "treatment" - always seek PEER reviewed literature on the topic.

Peer review is how science is done.

Just MY OPINION!

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

A member from another forum just gave his 6 month update of prp. He says

"general thickening of hair. not very much - but its alot better than thinning !

no new hair growth (none was expected/promised). the main benefit is that it appears to have stopped the loss for the time being, which is a major result for me.

would have it again if i didn't have to travel thousands of miles.

PS - This would be great if combined with scalp Botox, the only other treatment thats really helped me in recent years. I think they would be a great combo. "

Any thoughts

He had it done by Greco. I think he had some serious thinning but not sure. He definitely had hair loss as he has been one of the most contributing members of that forum. So it was not some guy with really no loss. I don't want to post links to another forum but if you want to contact him it shouldn't be that hard to find him with some google searching on prp updates.

Is this Doctor a hair transplant surgeon from the UK. If so, what is his name?

Where abouts in London will the procedures take place?

Thanks.

Propecia since July 2008

Originally posted by spex:

He is not a hair transplant doctor, just a doctor. Near London Bridge.

I guess with PRP almost any Doc could do it. Even dermatologists and anti aging clinics do it so it should be fine.

cheers spex.

Propecia since July 2008