advanced hair studio

GRAV15

ARGGGHHHH! Why didnt I look at this site before I parted with my hard earned cash..... I think I might have a claim although dont want to say to much as I believe the AHS people search these sites.....

I have only paid half my money and was told that I would only pay the other half if I was happy! I wasnt happy due to being told lies and being withoyt minoxidil for 6 wks of my so far 13 wks treatment. I phoned up the office and spoke to the manager who agreed this was the case only in a conversation later was told I have to pay the full amount due to my contract. Luckily for me I recorded the first phonecall where he admitted Ithat he said I didnt need to pay and guess he is pappin himself right now as I told him I recorded it. I have just wrote a letter to be posted tomorrow and Im taking it all the way to the courts if need be.

Do you think I have a case?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

grav16,

The best thing to do to try to get your money back is to contact the clinic directly. Somewhere on this thread (I believe - or maybe it was another), a representative from Advanced Hair Studio posted a phone number to call.

I'm not sure if any members of our community had any success with that or not, but I wish you luck.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

i think advance hair preys on the very young and desperate, like myself, damn that strand by strand advertising was remarkable well done!!! i ended up spending a few thousand as well as constant hair cuts which cost a bit....

after i had got the system and it wasnt fitted on yet, i pondered how can growing your hair be possible ...so i was pretty shocked that the idea fell upon me it was a wig..but at that time begin 20, i went ahead and did it...

the positive was i actually looked good in it and wore the same piece for about a year and a half, use to have to glue it back every once in a while but most of the time it behaved....the girls also really liked it and i was pretty confident in it...they didnt know it was fake, except a serious girl i went out with, after i decided not to wear it due to cost reasons,i went back to being my thinning self!!! so embarked on the journey off HT, and proscar...i cant say advanced hair was a bad experience as i did enjoy the confidence of a hair and i went out with girls that obviously liked the look...

but the cost and constant maintennance was a pain..the marketing is disgusting as well, uneithical i would say..to someone first time losing their hair, throw in a discount from 3000$ too 2000$ ...easy targets...

they do however have very life like wigs with scalps etc and very hard to find notice to the naked eye when blended in with your natural hair (sides and back) it sits on top...but im glad that is behind me now...less to worry about..like the time i was getting it on and the wig at the back came off, luckily the room was dark and the girl didnt notice!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Charlie B,

I've been getting it on with enough girls over the last three years to know my Strand by Strand aint getting off (the only thing getting off is me if you know what I mean lol).

It doesn't matter if the lights are on or off , it will only be me and the little lady moving!!

• 2 months later...

sorry to hear your trouble

same old same old...these companies come up with fancy names and spins but all of these units are pretty much from similar chinese factories and they add a fancy name to it and rip you off...

keep it simple

find $150 units out there and it's just as good if not better... I got 2 for under 300 bucks custom from e-bay...it was putstanding...toplace and coolpiece are ok, but inconsistent and their prices going up all the time

In my opinion,all hairsystems are fairly obvious to anyone looking in a detailed manner. Different haircolors, standardized hairstyles, and hidden hairlines are the majority. Some may look ok in the beginning but they look pretty rough as time passes. If someone is happy with it that's great but I think it is a short term solution for a long term problem

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear you managed to purchase from an alternative supplier. Please.... who> Where can we get these products without paying thousands of pounds? I actually am happy to purchase the products the only problem is AHS charge far too much. There must be other companies around doing the same? Please advise of the supplier details.

Thanks,

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

As with most of you i have had a nasty experience with AHS up and until today. Needless to say, the reason to choose this studio is common with every one, their misleading publicity about everything they claim. I had a strand by strand ordered at the London office for ??4000 plus ??600 for speedier delivery!! I was told i get 3 membranes for that amount.

from day one the membrane was bubbly on top and they had to use adhesive all over to reduce vaccuum. also there had always been added bubbles at each side of the membrane. I was told it would disappear in time and of course it didn't. six months on, i decided to try another membrane so i can have better feel.The new one started to look awful within a couple of months that i decided to have the third and last one fitted on next refusion .To my amazement on the day of fitting, i didn't tell them prior i wanted a new fitting, they couldn't find either the new one or the 2nd used one. I even had a nasty argument with the manager over the issue at which such time he accused me of having the mambranes on me and that i was trying it on with them!! The only preventive measure that stopped me from blowing his face off is the fact at the time i had my head shaved on top awaiting for the membrane and couldnt visualize myself at the police station looking the way i did. Eventually they said they had to order new ones from Hong Kong and fitted me with the one i came with on the day. The manager even refused considering the refusion on the day for free despite it being their fault!!

The 2 new membranes incidently inherited the same faults of the old ones. One ingenious solution they came up with was to split the membrane in the areas where there is eccess material and tack them together. This created a false illusion and produced the same shitty results of the old ones.

until now i had the membranes for 13 months and have spent in the region of ??5000. I dont believe for one moment the amount is justified in prportion to its benifit.

What do you think guys? do i have a chance of any refund of some kind bearing in mind i had repeatedly complained about the fitting and the mentioned faults?

your replies would be greatly appreciated.

"Strand-by-strand" is nonsense. "Membrane"? Is that supposed to make you think "skin"? Look, there is nothing special about their products other than their exorbitant prices. Strand-by-strand is the way hair is attached to ANY high quality hair system and the "Membrane" is no different than the Skin-type bases offered by dozens of other sellers. AND, it's not even the best base material to use in the first place! Put that 2,000 pounds back in your pocket and contact a company like hatsoffhair.com that provides high quality products at reasonable prices.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about this as a way of sorting out my hair problems. Just read all the way through this and am glad I did not. I did not see anyone but looked at a AHS leaflet and called them some time ago. It looked good but the cost put me off.

In my opinion this seems like another company that promises happiness but delivers nothing at a very high price. Like the results of my HT.

Some people / companies have no morals.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am acting on behalf of my friend who has also been victimised by AHS in Australia. We are currently preparing to lodge a claim with the ACCC. Some has already done this. To my understanding, when the ACCC recieves more than 2 complaints, they will begin investigating AHS.

I encourage anyone else, from Australia, to email me on misschan-88@hotmail.com

It is now very clear that AHS shows no sympathy towards the extreme financial and emotional distress it has caused. So by gaining as much support as possible, I am confident that we can work together, and with the ACCC, to provide evidence on how AHS has scammed thousands of our hard-earned money in order to obtain a full refund.

Good luck everyone !

• 2 weeks later...

To Whom It May Concern:

Advanced Hair Studio has received recently several bad postings on this website.

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

Obviously we recognize the fact that being in a consumer sensitive business like ours, we cannot please all clients all of the time as some expectations are too high or unrealistic; and on the odd occasion we can & do make a mistake, but Advanced Hair Studio prides itself on tens of thousands of happy clients; many of which are more than grateful for what we've done for them.

Subsequently those web postings that aren't contrived we ask to contact us so we can make amends, we ask that you contact Chris Attrill our Client Relations Officer, 15-17 Lansdowne Street East Melbourne VIC 3002 or Phone: (03) 9662 3011 Fax: (03) 9662 3412, or Email:clientrelations@advancedhair.com.au. He is Advanced Hair Studio's Client Relations Officer in Australia and New Zealand and is authorized to discuss all complaints and refunds.

If you are a legitimate complainant this would be much more productive than posting possible inflammatory statements on this site?

Yours sincerely,

Advanced Hair Studio

• 3 weeks later...

$15500 .. thats alot of money!! icon_frown.gif

I almost took them to court to get the ??250 deposit i paid before I figured out that the initial cost asked (??3000) would have to be paid yearly as you need to buy a one 'unit' (stick on wig) every year (at least)

my experience was such that they were going to use a stock colour which didnt look anything like my hair & measured for it by getting me to hold a piece of cling film on my head then drawing on it in felt tip. . this was done by the salesman not a stylist!

to my amazement this was then folded it up into a envelope. . . (destined for hong kong)

Most my questions were answered with lies or the subject diverted.

Also I thought it a pretty low sales technique - when you arrive they take a photo of the top of your head with a flash camera then print it out & put it facing you in between you & them for the whole consultation to remind you that your going bald

To reclaim any money they have taken from you use

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

take your time to fill it out correctly & state in it that by holding your money they are breaking the law as they may only recover the actual costs incurred & the amount they have taken in no way reflects this

Message me & ill be of any help that I can

(Stewart)

• 2 weeks later...

Grav15,

There's alot of that going around with these hair system companies. I won't name names, but a very popular company here in the states fitted me for a replacement that looked so far removed from their promotional photos that it became a running joke in my family for years now.

They probably don't have a branch in your neck of the woods, but I go to an east coast outfit called JA Alternatives now. It all looks pretty seamless and natural so, you know, one less thing to worry about.

...actually, looking at the site, they have a worldwide plan. http://www.jaalternatives.com/content/view/96/230

Cheers,

Sam icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I think there new tagline should be "No-No"... AHS has for years been a marketing machine and at no point have they taken a step back to actually think about what they are doing to their clients. How many people out there can afford to maintain the costs of there systems? i am based in Sydney and I'll give you a run down of there "service charges"

Latest system - $1600p/pc (you need atleast 8 pcs per/year)

Haircut - $75 (monthly)

Cut in/fitting - $between $150-$250

lace tape - $9

now based on this and excluding the other products then it would cost you over $15000 per yr for a hairpiece!! not "Strand by Strand" or whatever they choose to market t as.. I mean yes the little chinese lady in the factory is weaving it strand by strand but not on your head!

How do I know this..well I was one of their customers for years and got to know the team their very well.. you may ask why the hell would I pay so much for so long well it felt like I had no choice, I actually liked the job they did the stylists were great but I just could never get over the fact of how much my hair cost it was unbelievable. Crunch time came when I just literally could no longer afford to continue and when I went in to negotiate price the best I was offered was a $100 off and 3months worth of haircuts!!

Now that i distribute my own hairpieces I see what fools we are to pay the money they charge, I go to a few different studios (various companies) accross the globe to get MY OWN system fitted and cut and dont have to worry about paying so much for hair and never feeding my children again! lol

This is another fine example of scruplous firms that simply skin and fleece people out of money. It apparent they have absolutely no morals or feelings for individuals who are simply comming for help, seems they like to kick people when they are down, They disgust me. Hope you guys take them to the cleaners , all the best.

To Whom It May Concern:

Advanced Hair Studio has received recently several bad postings on this website.

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

Obviously we recognize the fact that being in a consumer sensitive business like ours, we cannot please all clients all of the time as some expectations are too high or unrealistic; and on the odd occasion we can & do make a mistake, but Advanced Hair Studio prides itself on tens of thousands of happy clients; many of which are more than grateful for what we've done for them.

Subsequently those web postings that aren't contrived we ask to contact us so we can make amends, we ask that you contact Chris Attrill our Client Relations Officer, 15-17 Lansdowne Street East Melbourne VIC 3002 or Phone: (03) 9662 3011 Fax: (03) 9662 3412, or Email:clientrelations@advancedhair.com.au. He is Advanced Hair Studio's Client Relations Officer in Australia and New Zealand and is authorized to discuss all complaints and refunds.

If you are a legitimate complainant this would be much more productive than posting possible inflammatory statements on this site?

Yours sincerely,

Advanced Hair Studio

Hi folks,

Been a customer of Advanced Hair Studio since 2 years ago i came up with my own conclusion of this hair loss service...

Its a money grabbing Scam Stay away from this clever marketing hair loss business.

in the programme that they gave me i was basicaly paying for very expensive Minox at really ridiculous prices! Just buy it from the pharmacy (which i am doing now)

if there is any one from AHS reading please use the Minox 5% rather than than the less effective 2% that you gave me for ??????¬3500 (also with shampoo and vitamins) pity i wasnt educated enough at the time about hair loss i would be ??????¬3500 richer

the results were only from the Minox that i was using. MY OPINION

Current Regime:

Minox liquid 5% twice a day

Proscar 1/4 tab a day

Nizoral every 2nd day

MSM 1000mg a day

Silica 200mg a day

AHS 6 months laser treatment- POOR results

Crescina - no results

IRISH

I cannot believe I am such a **** . I wish I had done my research and found this site. I'm currently lying in bed writing this post - I am so depressed its untrue and my head is itching like mad because I'm wearing an AHS toupee!!

Looking back there were alarm bells at every step of the process but I was so desperate I just refused to accept them. Look out for the following warning signs:-

1) salesman! giving you professional diagnosis of yout hair loss. What?

2) salesman using the powerful lens magnifier unable to explain what is actually happening with your hair.

3) salesman saying I'm in strand by strand to.

4) salesman showing you pictures of famous people, but not saying which procedure photos relate to.

5) salesman saying discount if you sign up before the end of the month.

6) salesman omitting to tell you at outset the frequency you'll have to buy new wigs, the maintenance costs (i.e. refusions) and the additional costs of shampoos,conditioners etc

7)during fitting - done in a room with minimal natural light so the hair looks to be blended. On leaving two-tone for all to see.

8)post-fitting - being told hair settles down after a day or two - every time post shower it sticks out all over the place so I have to shower at night so I can sleep on it to flatten down.

9) no. 8 if you're lucky. Otherwise, first nighttime after fitting/refusion waking up to find your head glued to the pillow because the glues run everywhere = matted hair and another visit to the studio.

9) finally - colour fades even more, hair falls out and bald patches appear.

Do not use AHS.

• 3 weeks later...