advanced hair studio

GRAV15

Hi all,

in particular fellow Australians,

Australian Competition and Consumer Commision is aware of the issue. But they don't address individual disputes.

If there is a group of people having the same kind of dispute with an organization, then it's all different.

Take some time and go to www.accc.gov.au

Have your say. Complain. That is the way to fight for your rights.

Cheers!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Due to baldness my self esteem has plummeted so badly that I physically cannot bring myself to leave my home without a hat on, I am aware my baldness has made me agoraphobic.

I got so fed up of not feeling able to leave the house without my "old faithful" hat, that I would have to down 8 lagers in the pub before I had the dutch courage to go to the toilets to take my hat off in a cubicle and then go back to the bar. I found myself falling into a trap where I would chat to strangers at the bar (both women and men) in this state in the hope that they would react positively to my baldness.

So I bought a Advanced Hair Studio "Tricho" unit for ??3000 too. I was so niave at my initial consult that I thought replacement hair "grew" from the membrane. I felt it looked mostly natural when I got it (the odd person noticed), it acted as a band aid to my confidence levels but I had a disagreement with someone whilst out on the town and they pulled it off in the middle of a packed pub on a saturday night. I was too "merry" at the time to be THAT embaressed, but the experience damaged the unit and now it's on it's last legs I cannot affored to replace it. (I could never totally enjoy the experience of having it, because of it's expense). Whilst I have now recognised I fell into a dangerous cycle of behaviour, I know I will never be free of it until I can find the right kind of transplant with the right UK surgeon. If anyone in the UK has had a positive transplant experience (from a state of total male pattern atrophy) I would love to know who/ where and how much?

Sorry to hear about your experience and the depression that you have over your hairloss.

It would be best to post photos for us in the question section and you'll get a lot of feedback.

From what I understand there aren't really any good HT surgeons in the UK. There might be some in Ireland and Holland but your best bet will be to travel overseas. For the most part it is not going to cost that much more.

Do keep in mind that it depends on your level of hairloss but with a HT you will never be able to get the density of hair like you had as a youth. It is also going to cost quite a bit of cash but atleast the currency rate exchange will be in your favor coming from europe.

Provide some photos and you will get a lot of feedback from us here and we will send you in the right direction.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I was a previous user of AHD in London and i will advise anyone thinking of using them to save their money as they are rip off merchants in my eyes.

I was attracted by the claims they make in national newspaper articles promising to restore your hair back to its original glory.

I filled in the contact form online and like others here was pestered for over two weeks until i called them back.

The so called consultant on the phone asked various questions and made lavish promises so i went and had a consultation at their offices.

I was sucked in with a tried and tested sales talk,promising to give me my hair back etc.

I was pushed towards the strand to strand option which i gave some throught about and left with the colour sales promotional brochures.

After that point they continued to pester me once again giving me that hope we all look for in gaining new hair.

They are very clever at promoting the strand for strand as not a wig which it basically is. My better judgement told me that this was not for me and when i asked outright the consultant looked stunned by my statement of that it was basically a wig which he reluctantly admitted in the end after trying to flower it up.

I opted for the Laser and minoxidil treatment and was pushed into signing up as given the old patter of the price is reduced at the moment.

So i made over 12 visits into london to stick my head in something resembling an old womans hairdressers hot air dryer.

I applied the monixidil as directed twice a day and took a course of pills for two weeks at the start which made my heart pace quicken.

I was glad to finish those i can tell you but the pills had no warning of any side effects at all on the bottle?

Anyway three months later i noticed no new hair growth and i had finsished the entire treatment.

All i noticed is i lost hair in the first month of treatment which i was told was normal but i never regained it back.

??3000 out of pocket and no gains in hair growth i am pretty p off with AHD.

Also reading that the laser treatment does not work here and on watchdog i can tell you i feel completetly ripped off by AHD as you can buy minoxidil for the whole course i took approx ??200. So thats ??2800 down the drain.

From personal experience dont touch AHD with a barge pole as they will just give you false hope but thats what the prey on - hope, Good Luck everyone..

Originally posted by Paul71:

Hi.

I was a previous user of AHD in London and i will advise anyone thinking of using them to save their money as they are rip off merchants in my eyes.

I was attracted by the claims they make in national newspaper articles promising to restore your hair back to its original glory.

I filled in the contact form online and like others here was pestered for over two weeks until i called them back.

The so called consultant on the phone asked various questions and made lavish promises so i went and had a consultation at their offices.

I was sucked in with a tried and tested sales talk,promising to give me my hair back etc.

I was pushed towards the strand to strand option which i gave some throught about and left with the colour sales promotional brochures.

After that point they continued to pester me once again giving me that hope we all look for in gaining new hair.

They are very clever at promoting the strand for strand as not a wig which it basically is. My better judgement told me that this was not for me and when i asked outright the consultant looked stunned by my statement of that it was basically a wig which he reluctantly admitted in the end after trying to flower it up.

I opted for the Laser and minoxidil treatment and was pushed into signing up as given the old patter of the price is reduced at the moment.

So i made over 12 visits into london to stick my head in something resembling an old womans hairdressers hot air dryer.

I applied the monixidil as directed twice a day and took a course of pills for two weeks at the start which made my heart pace quicken.

I was glad to finish those i can tell you but the pills had no warning of any side effects at all on the bottle?

Anyway three months later i noticed no new hair growth and i had finsished the entire treatment.

All i noticed is i lost hair in the first month of treatment which i was told was normal but i never regained it back.

??3000 out of pocket and no gains in hair growth i am pretty p off with AHD.

Also reading that the laser treatment does not work here and on watchdog i can tell you i feel completetly ripped off by AHD as you can buy minoxidil for the whole course i took approx ??200. So thats ??2800 down the drain.

From personal experience dont touch AHD with a barge pole as they will just give you false hope but thats what the prey on - hope, Good Luck everyone..

My situation is exactly the same with a few additions......

i am currently trying to get my money back. I sent a letter saying i believed i was mis-sold the laser treatment and gave them 7 days to respond. The consultant who sold it me rang me and accused me of trying to wreck his career etc...etc... He offered a brand new course which i turned down. Then he offered ??1500 to "put this issue to bed". Again i declined, even though tempted.I asked him to put that in writing. Never received that but did receive letter from Mauve Duhy saying she has spoken to the consultant and he says my letter is untrue and therefore they are not offering a refund as per the contract. SO, i sent a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act requesting all documents relating to me including the original medical questionnaire which i was originally told was destroyed by there Manchester branch.The reason i specifically requested the questionnaire was that on one occassion in the consultant office, i caught sight of the questionairre and on it was written "bald as a coot". I pointed this out and received an apology. On the copy questionnaire i received today there was no comment on it, but there was a small pen mark where i think it was.

In my SAR i requested contract, questionnaire and a copy of the medical approval by a qualified doctor for me to proceed with laser treatment as i didn`t believe they saught any, which in there contract states is one of there obligations. I NEVER RECEIVED A COPY OF THAT AUTHORISATION. I really would appreciate some advice on this. PLease can someone help, there is loads more to say about this case.

thanks

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I also am having a real nightmare with ahs and was wondering if you could tell me where you got your ??199 hair system from! Disgusted with ahs it bubbles after about a week and colour fades so fast in the sun! Biggest waste of money ever!!!

God i wished id seen this sight 6 months ago then i wouldnt have shelled out 3500 on laser treatment at ahs Romford.

To cut along story short iam at the end of my treatment and i was in their yesterday to say i wasnt too happy.I was then told to pay an extra 2500 for an extra "intensive course" and a few extra pills which are "new out" and better than the old ones!

When i said it was too much he left the room to call his boss,stood outside for a couple of minutes,came in and said he'll knock 500 off!

Thank god i didnt agree to forking out more money.

Hi,

there 40 days on my SAR is now up and they haven`t replied to my last request for peer approved research that laser works. About to start court proceedings via money claim online. I am determined that they will not win this.

To Whom It May Concern:

Advanced Hair Studio has received recently several bad postings on this website.

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

Obviously we recognize the fact that being in a consumer sensitive business like ours, we cannot please all clients all of the time as some expectations are too high or unrealistic; and o the odd occasion we can & do make a mistake, but Advanced Hair Studio prides itself on tens of thousands of happy clients; many of which are more than grateful for what we've done for them.

Subsequently those web postings that aren't contrived we ask to contact us so we can make amends, we ask that you contact Chris Atrill our Client Relations Officer, 14 Sandilands Street South Melbourne VIC 3205 or Phone: (03) 9696 4044 Fax: (03) 9696 5815, or Email:clientrelations@advancedhair.com.au. He is Advanced Hair Studio's Client Relations Officer in Australia and New Zealand and is authorized to discuss all complaints and refunds.

If you are a legitimate complainant this would be much more productive than posting possible inflammatory statements on this site?

Yours sincerely,

Advanced Hair Studio

quote:

we cannot please all clients all of the time as some expectations are too high or unrealistic;;

your promises are too high and unrealistic and preying on people who are suffering from low esteem due to their baldness.

Which is worse

• 1 month later...

Hi ppl

im new here. had smilar experience with AHS - have written today to them and will be pursuing legal action. I am thinking of organising a website which is sponsored on google just to let them know what AHS is about....of course my own expeirence and advice. Ah well lets see.

Thanks for your comments tho - helped me.

Gogi

Hi

I am a client of AHS and even though I too was led to believe it wasn't a wig when I initially purchased the product I cannot be happier with the end product. I went bald at 18 and wanted something done about it.

I play football 5 times a week competitively and have no problems and enjoy swimming without any worries. It looks so natural friends with natural hair want to have their haircut where I do. I'm sorry that there seem to be bad experiences of AHS but I think it suits and works for some people and it doesnt for others. I'm now 23 and are wearing a product called a LACE NSG and can feel all wind and rain, dont even feel any weight of it and it matches perfectly with my natural hair. People can say it is a wig but it is more like hair extensions that woman where.

The only thing I have to advise is that they last 6-12 months and cost ??2300 for two. A refusion is ??53 which you have to have every month. Apart from this, in my experience, its only increased my confidence greatly.

Originally posted by 5teve:

Hi All,

I Have recently gone through the same experience as GRAV15.

I was shown the video, was rushed into the contract by them saying they would give me a ??500 pound discount if I signed by noon the next day. ??2,800 it cost me to have a very heavy itchy wig glued to my head. It looked that unnatural that a chin strap wouldn't have looked out of place!

The first day I had it fitted, I returned to the studio only one hour later to complain that it was nothing like my own hair, not even the same shade of brown. I wouldn't leave the shop until they did something about it. They decided to swap my unit there and then. The first one I received was a TRICO, they swapped this for NSA (non breathable) which did look more natural. This unit lasted all of 4 month. It started going thin until in places the membrane was showing.

The contract I signed was for a TRICO, custom made for myself. What I have now is a NSA, and as they swapped it the same day, the unit was either someone elses or a one they had lying about the place and therefore not custom made for myself.

Is this not a breech of contract on their behalf?

I also have one of AHS's flyer cards which I had my stylist write down explaining the first unit and what it was swapped for.

I never received the order form and fitting schedule either.

I have written a letter with dates explaining in detail the issues i have with them.

Can anyone advise the best address to send it to?

Any feed back would be most appreciated.

5teve...

Originally posted by GRAV15:

I'm currently having a bad situation with Advanced Hair Studio! Heres my story...

Last september 2005 i visted AHS in London. I had a consultation and was shown a video about 'strand by strand'.

I was told it is like a fine skin like membrane which my hair would be pulled through and hair would be added to it. I thought it sounded great and placed my order 3000 pounds worth. When it arrived and i had it fitted. I found it to be a wig. Technically it had a thick monofilament base with a PU perimeter. It was first tied to my head rather painfully and i was told to come back the next day. When i did, they shaved the top of my head and stuck it on with glue. It was unnatural, itchy and in no way looked like what was in there brochures on described in the consulatation. I wrote a letter of complaint and they have offered to remake the piece with a more natural appearance. I rejected the offer as it does not change the fundamental point of misrepresentation and goods that are cheap and not fit for it purpose. Im now taking proceedings through my credit card company and may possibly take them to court to redeem my money.

I have now purchased another 'hair system' from another supplier which is far more natural, breathable and cost on 199 pounds! thats right one hundred and nineteen nine pounds!

Please could you post your experiences or email me if you have any stories about AHS

I'm currently in contact with a few of there ex clients and a ex employee.

Thanks

Andrew

Please find a photo attached

It is weird that this is his only post because I remember reading the same one by him months ago, upon which I PM'd him and he did not respond. Now the same post (by the same user)is back again. Good luck if he replies to you, maybe you could then pass on this info to the rest of us and definitively prove it's not a wind up!

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I would like to confirm that I am from SYDNEY AUSTRALIA and also had troubles with AHS. I will go on record here and say that I am a legitimate former angry customer. Sydney's East City Office was my rip off experience. If anyone wants any info on my situation let me know. Advance hair Studio (in my opinion) is a joke!! Scamming money off men at thier worst time. I URGE YOU ALL TO SHAVE YOUR HEAD BALD LIKE ME. You are all entitled to a refund if you do not get what you paid for.