advanced hair studio

GRAV15

Hi,

Had to sign up and say I nearly fell for this. I did fall into the trap of giving my contact details hoping for a brochure, and since then got a couple of phone calls in about a 3 day period. Getting a second call just a couple of days after saying I only wanted a brochure seemed suspicious to me, so I started doing some research. It's not impossible that it's an admin error, but it felt a little like bullying tactics and I thought I'd better scout around.

After reading what you guys have posted, I feel like I've dodged a bullet. I certainly won't be going through with it. Thanks for saving me a hell of a lot of time, money and angst.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is good news

Australia (Victoria) government has taken action against these shaddy bastards

Here is the Fair Trading Report

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au...ile/fair_trading.pdf

Please, even if you get a refund or if you have signed up a stupid GAG order doesn't mean that you cannot talk about it. I am amazed how IDIOTS we can be sometimes

Atleast let other people know about AHS. I know some people who have sign GAG orders & just shut themselves up for few GRANDS ( have some morals)

we need to go to the bottom of this business & save other innocent people.

share your views & paste it here and always "

Make a complaint to "Department of fair trading".

here is the link (For Australians Only)

QLD

http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov...make-a-complaint.htm

NSW

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumers.html

VIC

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au...e~&2=~&3=~&REFUNID=~

it takes literally 2 minutes to lodge a complaint. Please do so and for the record that stupid GAG order that you all have signed up & are scared.

THOSE ARE NOT THE CONTINUTATION OF "TEN COMMANDMENTS" that you think you are violating. its a STUPID STUPID GAG ODER which means nothing.

You have the rights to post/complaint/speak to a lawyer.

GO & DO THAT

Thanks icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Advanced Hair Studio have a client relations department for any clients who wish to speak to or register a complaint against any of there products or services that are provided. Advanced Hair Studio takes all complaints very seriously, any client who wishes to contact the client relations department in the Uk @ Ireland please contact: Mrs Maeve Duhy - Tel: 02920 641 290 or e-mail: maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com or you can write to the client relations department: 186 Lansdowne Road, Canton, Cardiff, CF5 1JT:

For Over seas clients please contact:

Chris Attrill

Client Relations Officer

Advanced Hair Studio

14 Sandilands Street

South Melbourne, VIC 3205

Tel: +61 3 96964044

Fax: +61 3 9696 5815

Email: chris.attrill@advancedhair.com.

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio

hello all

I am new here and am also a customer of Advanced hair studio...well now an ex customer!!!

I am in new zealand and have been a customer on AHS for about 15 years...and this is only because they were pretty much the only choice avaialable...have always hoped some competition would come along!!

The strand by strand thing as rubbish...basically its a wig/toupee or as they like to call it a unit!

I have now come to the conclusion that its a matter of finding the best "wig" you can from the different companies so i looked around and found hair direct in the USA.

I have had my new hair about 3 weeks now and love it...its good quality and soft natural hair and at AHS it was about $4000-$5000 (NZD) but with Hair Direct it was only $800 (NZD) and the service and product was great!

Basically once a month I take the hair off and go to a local lady and she cuts the back and sides of my hair and I go home put some tape and adhesive on the unit and place it on my hair, spary some conditioner on it and Im good for the next 3-4 weeks!

Its not an issue and I feel comfortable with it and no one seems to mention anything about it......so my suggestion is that you look at www.hairdirect.com and never ever go to advanced hair studio again!!

any question please just let me know ok??

• 4 weeks later...

I'm from Australia and 3 months into my treatment so here is my story of woe;

Signed up in Jul 09 but told them I couldn't start the treatment until the start of Oct due to work but I'd be on Holidays in Oct and that the only treatment I was only interested in was the 3grand laser treatment as I didn't want a rug. I was told no probs, just part with half your money and they would put me on a course of pills to get me started so I was ready for my first treatment. As for the rest of the money, when I came in next, I could either set up a weekly installment payment plan or pay off the rest straight away. Also, when I arrived for my first treatment, I would have photos taken to show the progression at the end of my 'successful' treatment

The start of Oct comes round and when I front up for my first treatment I'm told that I should have paid the rest within 7 days of the first payment, while this was never mentioned to me I did later find it in the contract. Lets think about this for a second, I was once late by a couple of days paying my accountant a $100 consultation fee after being given two weeks to pay (I thought I had a month). They chased up the $100 dollars I owed within a couple of days of the due date but this AHS mob were owed $1600 and in the two months between signing up and fronting up for my first treatment, did I get a reminder letter, phone call or e-mail?, they had all three. Anyway all good because being the gullible prat I am, I fronted up the rest of the cash and away we went.

The guy I spoke to the first time has never been seen since and I was now in the hands of some gym monkey and an old tart that would look more at home running a brothel so as you can tell, my confidence in this mob was skyrocketing. Gym monkey (who I also have never seen again) told me I would get an hour in the chair to make up for lost time (?) so there I sat and when the timer went off and the alarm sounded, did anyone come to check on me? Nope but then again in the hour I was sitting under the 60's style hair dryer with the laser beams grinding around making more noise than a windmill grinding flour, no one checked on me period.

Once out I booked for my next appointment and when I asked for the oil serum that I was supposed to use during the treatment, I was told that it was on order. They had two months between my first payment and my first treatment but were only ordering it now and it took another month to arrive after asking for it. I thought it was supposed to be used from the start of my course of treatments, not applied halfway through for it to be??¦ahem??¦effective.

After a few weeks, a new face turned up and saw that I hadn't had any photos taken so took a few happy snaps with a cheap digital camera and after four months I can see no change whatsoever. Not to mention they always ask 'is it just a single or a double today' meaning half hour under the laser or an hour, considering I'm paying 3g, shouldn't they be telling ME what I need done? So far this has been a very sloppy run service with no real benefit of any kind, especially for the money I forked out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I need some advice, I signed up for the laser treatment back in October, was pressured into the 12 month contract & paid ??1000 up front of the ??2750 total, I have paid off approx ??1500 in total so have around ??1200 to pay, I am a student who has to pay for the remaining few months of Uni & have just got enough to cover that, but I can not afford to pay off anymore instalments, I have managed to delay my treatment for 6 months as I told them I was going away travelling, but reading these topics have made me realise I am wasting my money. My question, can I just stop going & ignore their calls in 6 months time? Or do I legally have to pay the remaining amount & then may aswell finish the, what seems to be, wasted treatment. I am willing to except a loss of ??1500 if it would save me ??1200 by June. Advice lease

Maxilly,

Your experience at AHS is very unusual and the description that you have provided is contrary to the way that we conduct our business.

AHS takes all concerns very seriously therefore it is important that you contact myself on the below details as I have the authority to discuss a satisfactory outcome with you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Chris Attrill

Client Relations Officer

Advanced Hair Studio

14 Sandilands Street

South Melbourne, VIC 3205

Tel: +61 3 96964044

Fax: +61 3 9696 5815

Email: chris.attrill@advancedhair.com.au

Maxilly,

Welcome to a great site.. Nothing but the truth is told on here and the advice is stay away from ADVANCED HAIR!! im also from Aus in Melbourne and i was a member for 4 yrs, did laser for a year then got conned in wearing a hair piece for 3.

I recently had my first Ht 3 months ago it its looking great.. If you wanna contact me by phone just send me a private msg and ill fill you in on them in DETAIL..

AS for you AHSCR1 get of this site its here for real advice not broken promises. icon_mad.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Contact Mrs Maeve Duhy: 02920 641 290 or maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com. Mrs Duhy is the client relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio Uk and Ireland - Mrs Duhy can also assist clients if they are having problems with payments of accounts.

Originally posted by CDavisUKTA1:

Hi, I need some advice, I signed up for the laser treatment back in October, was pressured into the 12 month contract & paid ??1000 up front of the ??2750 total, I have paid off approx ??1500 in total so have around ??1200 to pay, I am a student who has to pay for the remaining few months of Uni & have just got enough to cover that, but I can not afford to pay off anymore instalments, I have managed to delay my treatment for 6 months as I told them I was going away travelling, but reading these topics have made me realise I am wasting my money. My question, can I just stop going & ignore their calls in 6 months time? Or do I legally have to pay the remaining amount & then may aswell finish the, what seems to be, wasted treatment. I am willing to except a loss of ??1500 if it would save me ??1200 by June. Advice lease

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio

• 2 months later...

heres my email to ahs,

hello maeve duhy, my name is christopher hunter, around 5 years ago i went to ahs in leeds for a conultation, i was shown a video and was told i could have a full head of hair without surgery, i thought "great". i told the manager at the time that i would be leaving the uk for the usa to live and would that be a problem, he said no we have studios all over the world and we have studios in the usa. i said ok ..he then said the cost would be ?4,600, it puzzles me so maybe you can answer me this question....i looked on blagger and saw that everyone who went and had the strand by strand were charged ?3,000 could you please give me a explanation for the massive difference in cost, why was i charged ?1,600 more than anyone else,...after about 3 months the manager said to me....chris you need to be looking at buying more units, he said we are offering you a deal because its the end of the month and we can offer you 4 or 5 units for just over ?2,000, after some thinking i said ok, i would also like to say when you do your consultations ...why dont you mention the ?50-?60 a month refusion charge,...anyway eventualy the manager then left and was replaced by the present manager, i had maybe about 3 or 4 of the units cut in that i had purchased earlier, eventually the manager came to me and said,...chris you need to be looking at buying new units, i said i couldn't afford any at that time, plus i would be getting my visa for the usa soon so it might not be here in time, the manager hounded me ever month and didn't understand the word NO, he started saying things like...chris that you have on your head is a mess ,..its tatty and when you leave the studio your bringing the ahs name down ...we need everyone who leaves here to look good and with the unit your wearing its making ahs look bad, eventually after been hounded on my phone and hounded infront of staff at ahs i said ok, he said we do a secondry unit ..its a pre made unit and is cheaper, i said well i might have my visa soon ..what if its not here..he said dont worry ..we can send your box to the usa for you ...NOT a problem, he then said the price will be around ?800, i said ok,...then reading on blagger ..i see that you quote that secondry units are around ?600-?700,...why was i charged ?800, when you say different?,...anyway i ordered the unit, month after month went by...NO unit, then one visit the stylist brought out a unit i bought earlier, there was nothing wrong with the unit she brought out ..it looked as if it had only been worn once, my question is here....why was i hounded about buying a new unit when i had a good one in my box..why did i have to wear a tatty unit ..a unit that looked awful and showed ahs up, please anawer this question aswell, eventually my new unit arrived and i was booked in for it fitting. i arrived and was told ...sorry chris we can't fit it today , we are short staffed, this happened for about 2-3 months,...short staffed so i had to have refusions, then my visa arrived and i had to leave for the usa , i had 2-3 days to get to the states.i arrived in the usa and emailed leeds studio to send my box and cover the cost of my fitting having paid for it already and turned up for the fitting but because you were short staffed i couldn't get it done ...i still have the receipts , i was then told by email from you via leeds that you cant send it and if you do ...i have to pay and also pay for the unit to be fitted even though i had paid already for it fitting but because of your lack of staff it never got done, i then emailed leeds and said..ok send it to ahs in texas , ill travel to texas and have it fitted there, the manager emailed me back and said ,...chris we dont have any studios in the usa, the last studio there was 10 years ago, so please answer me this....why was i told initially that ahs had studios in the usa when i went for the consultation, why do you advertise still you have studios here on your main page, theres a pull down with the stars and stripes flag and a contact number, so please tell me why i was lied to when i first signed up,.since ive been in the united states ive got married, it ruined my wedding, i have a graduation coming up soon, i will be going for job interviews soon, its affecting my health, because of sleepless nights, maeve duhy please be honest with me and answer my questions, when i lived in the uk i didn't have a high paid job , i used all my savings trusted in everything your managers told me, ahs shaved my head ...charged me an absalute fortune, your a client relations officer, i havn't been on any blog sites and tarnished your name ...sp please answer me honestly and treat me as ive treated you regards mr christopher hunter

yeah ahs are a load of crap stay away , they feed me the same crap and sounded great and it was not till i singed that they said its a wig, bunch of idiots say away i had to swallow abit of my deposit aswell, load of idiots

heres a email from leeds saying its maeve duhy that has said they cant pay for the fitting ive already paid for

Hi Chris

This is the email sent to you by Maeve.

I will pass the message on to Suzan.

Im sure you will get an email from her in the near future!

Darryl

From: Maeve Duhy [mailto:MaeveDuhy@advancedhairstudio.com]

Sent: 19 February 2010 18:22

To: yorkeboyxx@aol.com

Cc: reception@leeds.advancedhairstudio.com

Subject: FW: Website Email Contact Form

Dear Christopher

I am sorry to advise that you will need to organise a courier to collect the hair, Advanced Hair Studio do not pay courier fees, unless it is going direct to another Advanced Hair Studio. This is why all hair should be collected direct by the clients if they are planning on leaving the country.

The Leeds studio will have the hair ready to be collected by your courier. Please e-mail Darryl at Leeds when the courier will be with them.

reception@leeds.advancedhairstudio.com

With regards the hair club they will provide service to AHS customers, as we do hair club clients, however you will need to discuss with them direct they charges - as they are not part of the Advanced Hair Studio group, therefore they will charge you a fitting fee. Advanced Hair Studio would charge a fitting fee of ?100.00 - ?150.00 if a hair club client needed hair cut in at any of our studios.

best wishes

Maeve Duhy

Hr & Client Relations Manager

Advanced Hair Studio

186 LANSDOWNE ROAD

CANTON

CARDIFF

CF5 1JT

Tel: 02920 641 290

Fax: 02920 641 292

heres an email from maeve duhy saying its leeds who wont sor

Hi Chris

I am sorry, but I have spoken to the London head office, the best that they are offering is to send the hair to you, at no charge, they are not offering to pay for the hair to be cut in. Again, I can not comment on why you were charged the prices you were by the Leeds studio, the information that I have been given by the London head office is the information that I passed onto you yesterday.

Again, I cannot overule any decison that the London head office / Leeds office have made.....I asked that they at least pay for your hair to be sent to you, which they have agreed to.

Again, if you forward me you full address details and phone number - I will organise this for you

best wishes

Maeve Duhy

Hr & Client Relations Manager

Advanced Hair Studio

186 LANSDOWNE ROAD

CANTON

CARDIFF

CF5 1JT

not one person who works or represents ahs can give me a straight answer ..if any of the ahs staff is reading this reply on here if you can so everyone can see who you really are ..i think hell will freeze over first before they can give this site a straight answer

still no hair from ahs ..its over 3 weeks now and i have an email saying they were sending it, they charged me nearly ?800 for a stock system which includes fitting .... they said they wont pay for the fitting at another studio here in the united states even though i was booked in at leeds for the fitting and because they didnt have any staff it was canceled on numerous occasions, they cant even explain to me why all of a sudden i have to cover the cost of he fitting that ive paid for, plus they cant explain why i paid ?4600 for my first unit when most other people paid around ?3000, they come on here and say ..contact us if u have a problem but when you do contact them they do nothing ...maybe if i take it further and claim costs i might get somewhere, im waiting, come on atril answer me if u can , maeve did nothing can u give me a straight answer?....im waiting

• 4 weeks later...

Having read through all the posts I am appalled that so many people have had horrifying experiences with hair systems. I have been wearing a hair system now for over 2 years and have had nothing but excellent service and superb results. I can say with full confidence that the whole process from consultation to fitting and then the on-going after care has been of the highest quality. If you live in the UK then you should really check out Uber Hair Solutions. Craig and his team have been superb and at ?650 a system you can't go wrong. If you google uberhairsolutions you should be able to find them. The website is somewhat basic but they are definately worth a call. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, stay away from these mungrels! Like others I was given the bullsh*t lies "Skin like membrane" "we pull your own hair through and ifuse it with your own". I got some massive rug that was like sandpaper from them. Even worse, I went to the studio in East Melbourne (head office). I was charged $5,000 AUD for a piece of crap. I have since purchased a full lace unit for $350 USD.....Go figure...Useless dogs....I still have the crap they gave me, so I might even make a youtube video and pay google to note my video...that is how pissed off I am at them....

• 2 months later...

I visited AHS approximately 12 years ago and was subjected to all the spin and yarns that many have posted proir.

I was sold a 'package' of 3 units (3 sizes) for an overall cost of ?3250. I stayed with them for around two years but was basically fed up with the high pressure sales methods and frankly the costs were beyond my pocket so I decided to do some research of my own.

Firstly I discovered that nearly all the units offered by various suppliers (salons) are made in large factories in China. I sought out one of these factory's and discovered that the units cost approximately ?60 to ?70 to make to include carriage to the UK but they would not supply individuals direct.

I latterly phoned around a number of local hairpiece salons and spun a yarn that I was currently buying the pieces direct from China. I asked what would be the best price they could supply a tailor made european hair unit (with lace front) for as I would prefer to use a local salon and my normal cutter in of the new units had left the area.

Initially the various local salons were reluctant to offer a price over the phone but suggested I should visit them. I asked if they would be prepared to sell me the prior described piece in a range of ?250 to ?300...All replied yes!

Since that date I have never looked back, hooked up with a great contact and am now paying ?250 for a cut in lace front tailor made unit. It replicates exactly what I had been paying AHS ?2000 for!

I have over time also discovered a range of methods to ensure the unit replicates the look of real hair as best as realistically possible.

I would advise when ordering to ensure the density is as light as possible so long as it suits you. It is usual to order in % density's. The really heavy ones are 80% and I even found 60% too heavy. I always order 40% which is light all over and really looks natural. Specify fine hair at all times.

As regards colour I always colour my own unit with Just For Men and leave it in the unit for only 1 minute whilst I colour my remaining hair for a period of 5 minutes....The units really absorb colour quickly so it is essential not to leave it in too long.

I have been in units for over 12 years and watch sport and swim often...No problems except...............Windy days!

I get over this by using VO5 Gel Spray Volume Boost which I heavily water down, it does the trick without making the units hair feel like a board to touch (due to the watering down) all hair stays in place during the most windy of days.

With regard to tapes and accessories I always buy direct from a wholesaler. buying online. Trendco are excellent.

You can imagine the money I have saved over the last 10 years (and more!)

I hope the above post assists others in saving money too.

Edited by Cricketman