advanced hair studio

GRAV15

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That sucks about what happened to you with that company. It's unfortunate that there is not one facet in the hair loss industry that is not rife with scams, false promises, and misrepresentation.

Good luck with your new piece.

I do have a question about the pic you posted - Is that the one from AMS? When they say "strand-by-strand" I always thought they meant thatyour natural hair was pulled through also. The lies that they get away with are awful. I wish you the best of luck in pushing back against these people.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...

I've only just started researching hair transplants/hair systems. The first site i went to was AHS as i had remembered seeing Graham Gooch on the tv once and thinking he looked great. I honestly believed their 'strand by strand' method was a way of restoring hair. I'm so glad for forums like this after seeing that 'comedy' wig in the picture. I can't believe that was ??3000!! A word of warning to anyone who looks at the AHS website to get full details of their treatments, you have to register your details. Once this is done, you can expect a constant bombardment of phonecalls - 2/3 phonecalls on my mobile every day plus numerous voicemail messages and messages left on my home telephone. They disguised their contact number on one occasion as it showed up as a private number on my phone, this after i had rejected numerous calls when i could see it was their Nottingham office trying to contact me. From what i have read so far, they appear to be worth steering well clear of!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Grav15,

I'm from Australia and I am having a problem with AHS. I just got my wig installed yesterday and not happy with it. It is starting to bubble on top and the glue is peeling off my scalp. I would like to apply for refund but not sure if I will have any luck. I really would like to get my money back but from what I read it's sound impossible. I am thinking of possibly taking it to court. Any advice or suggestion for me mate? Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,

Az

Hi Andrew, Thank you very much for your quick response and advise. I feel it will be an uphill battle that I will fight for. I have created a detailed log from the first day of the fitting with all the faults. I have attached a picture of only the 3rd day it has been installed. Tell me what you think? $6000.00 worth??? I will go tomorrow to let them know I am not happy. Do you think I have a chance of a refund? Fingers crossed.

101206a.jpg.c45a549e165875ef2051a81a5ca4e763.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having problem with the AHS as well...

They are business oriented sharks only interested in your money and I'm also amazed they survived the market for so long...

My experience is negative (did you doubt)

with laser hair regrowth :-(

No joy, after several months of efforts.

Now I want to exit the treatment, since it's time waste and Strand-by-strand they offered I heard enough about.

...but they say I signed the contract, they have formal coverage for not returning me the money...

But I still beleive there must be the way to nail them down.

Does anybody have any experience with taking them to court?

They offered me to refund 1/3 of the money I gave them... I still think it's too much for absence of any result.

Guys, good luck with these sharks and don't hesitate to share your experience, this way, as customers, I think we can win our rights!

Cheers!

So guys,

another thing, when you go to Advanced Hair Studio, they are going to play you promising video, convince you it's going to work for you, and then they are going to rush you into the contract that doesn't have a cool-off period.

The contract you are about to sign is actually saying that the whole risk of treatment failiure is solely on customer and they won't refund you anything.

Since laser therapy isn't medically proven and

strand-by-strand is just a wig,

put it more forward, you are gambling with lots of money, with pretty high probability to loose it all.

Think twice. Let people know!

Hi Guys,

Well Grav15, I am currently close to settling my claim. I have reluctantly agreed to accept 65% refund money. Pretty much guys, AHS charged me $2000.00 for a wig that lasted 2 days. On the third day, after my first fitting, I shaved my head in disgust. They offered me a lot of useless options like refusion and laser therapy (which is funny because during my first consultation I was told that laser therapy was a waste of time for me by their own consultant). I really have to fight very hard with them to get my part refund. They told me that if i was not happy with their offer, i could seek legal advice. I also tried to ring them several times and they never returned a call. I got excuse after excuse and got tired of waiting. I have not seen the work order form that you refer to Grav15. My advice to anyone thinking about using AHS is to think very carefully before you plonk down thousands of hard earned dollars! I would be a few thousands dollars better off having not known them. I wish you guys all the best in your refund processing. It won't be easy.

Hi Persistent,

One last thing i remembered with my situation is to build an events log with photographs if possible. That way, you have all the evidence of the program not working for you. I also tried laser therapy with another organisation (which I won't mention) but the difference was I received a full refund after the program did not work for me. Why can't AHS do the same???

<span class="ev_code_RED">Victoria's Fair Trading Act 1999</span>

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au

then bullet Shopping & Trading for Goods&Services > Contracts

Unfair consumer contracts

Changes to Victoria's Fair Trading Act 1999, have ruled that certain 'terms' previously used in consumer contracts are unfair and are no longer acceptable for use.

Under the new law :

* consumers can take action if they believe their contract is unfair, and

* businesses must ensure that that their contracts comply.

The changes mean that :

* unfair terms in consumer contracts are void

* consumer Affairs Victoria can determine (prescribe) that a term is unfair, and

* it is an offence to use a prescribed unfair term in a consumer contract

What is an unfair term ?

An unfair term in a consumer contract is a term that disadvantages the consumer and is not within the concept of good faith.

What is good faith ?

Good faith implies that both the consumer and supplier are dealing openly and fairly.

Does an unfair term void a contract?

If a term in a consumer contract is assessed as being 'unfair', the term is made void. The contract will continue to bind the parties, but only if the contract can exist without the unfair term.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I Have recently gone through the same experience as GRAV15.

I was shown the video, was rushed into the contract by them saying they would give me a ??500 pound discount if I signed by noon the next day. ??2,800 it cost me to have a very heavy itchy wig glued to my head. It looked that unnatural that a chin strap wouldn't have looked out of place!

The first day I had it fitted, I returned to the studio only one hour later to complain that it was nothing like my own hair, not even the same shade of brown. I wouldn't leave the shop until they did something about it. They decided to swap my unit there and then. The first one I received was a TRICO, they swapped this for NSA (non breathable) which did look more natural. This unit lasted all of 4 month. It started going thin until in places the membrane was showing.

The contract I signed was for a TRICO, custom made for myself. What I have now is a NSA, and as they swapped it the same day, the unit was either someone elses or a one they had lying about the place and therefore not custom made for myself.

Is this not a breech of contract on their behalf?

I also have one of AHS's flyer cards which I had my stylist write down explaining the first unit and what it was swapped for.

I never received the order form and fitting schedule either.

I have written a letter with dates explaining in detail the issues i have with them.

Can anyone advise the best address to send it to?

Any feed back would be most appreciated.

5teve...

Hi Persistent,

I am just wondering if you got a refund from those snakes. They offered me about 60% of my funds back a few weeks ago and still no cheque. They are lucky I am not taking them to court for the full amount plus the cost of shaving my head bald.

Hi Grav15 and Steve - It sure looks like the AHS problems are worldwide. Here in Australia its quite bad and it looks like the UK is not much better. How on earth do these shady businesses last for so long??? They have caused us so much greaf. I am still concidering taking them to court for a FULL refund. They will not return my calls of emails. I keep getting different stories. The whole things makes my hair stand on end lol!!!

Hi Grav15,

I have sent my letter recorded delivery to the address you supplied.

I have purchased a new unit from a different company just before xmas, paid ??500 for it and consider it to be a 100% markup in quality than that of the unit supplied by Advanced.

I have checked the unit from advanced and inside at the back i have found a stamp which reads:

Glen J 22/2/06

PO 115054B

Would you say this is the name of the person it was designed for?

Hi Mr Hair,

I still didn't get my money back. They bluff till the very end, but I'm preparing my case for the court.

I also encourage you to do so. I've seen you got a wig with someone else's name on it - go for it!

Good luck and don't be shy. Your shyness is their weapon.

Originally posted by Mr Hair:

Hi Persistent,

I am just wondering if you got a refund from those snakes. They offered me about 60% of my funds back a few weeks ago and still no cheque. They are lucky I am not taking them to court for the full amount plus the cost of shaving my head bald.

Hi Grav15 and Steve - It sure looks like the AHS problems are worldwide. Here in Australia its quite bad and it looks like the UK is not much better. How on earth do these shady businesses last for so long??? They have caused us so much greaf. I am still concidering taking them to court for a FULL refund. They will not return my calls of emails. I keep getting different stories. The whole things makes my hair stand on end lol!!!