Input Requested Regarding The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Luis Nader, Reynosa, Mexico

• Administrators

Dr. Nader needs no introduction to our community. His patients have shared their excellent results and reviews for nearly a decade. Dr. Nader has built an exceptional reputation online as a kind, compassionate, ethical, and caring surgeon. 

We are now considering him for a potential recommendation. Our recommended surgeons must meet our high community standards of performing refined follicular unit grafting while achieving consistently high yields, high density, and coverage. We expect our recommended surgeons to be able to dense-pack follicular unit grafts and have the capacity and staffing to transplant thousands of follicular units per session. 

Our recommended physicians must be willing to operate transparently, knowing that their patients may come to our forum and review them right after surgery. Transparency builds trust and accountability, which is the foundation of credibility. That is why our list of recommendations is unlike any other on the internet. We use our entire community's collective knowledge and input, including other world-renowned surgeons. 

Why we Feel Dr. Nader is worthy of our recommendation. 

Dr. Nader has been performing hair transplant surgery exclusively since 2005. He is the co-director of Nader Medical, in Reynosa, Mexico, alongside his wife, Dr. Erika Nader. Dr. Nader performs one hair transplant per day. Dr. Nader is intimately involved in every step of the process, from answering emails, performing all the extractions, creating the recipient sites, placing grafts, and providing his patients with one-on-one aftercare. He answers all of his emails which adds that personal touch. 

Dr. Nader has an artistic approach to surgery. He understands that surgical hair restoration is not a one-size-fits-all. Every hair transplant is tailored individually to the patient to ensure the hairline design is natural for each patient. As a fellow hair loss sufferer, Dr. Nader understands how vital patient confidentiality and privacy is, so his patient's privacy is fundamental in his practice. 

Dr. Nader performs both follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). Although, the majority of his patients opt for FUE. He alternates between the Trivellini Mamba system and the Devroye WAW multiphasic devices for harvesting. The size of the punch depends on the patient's hair caliber. The maximum size punch he uses at his practice is 0.9 mm. He uses a hypothermasol holding solution to keep the grafts moist. Dr. Nader uses implanters with pre-made cut-to-size blades for stick and place implantation, which reduces trauma and allows for precise angles.

Dr. Nader performs a maximum of 3,000 grafts per day. He will perform 4,000+ grafts over two consecutive days. He will perform Body Hair Transplants (BHT) on patients with a limited donor supply. Dr. Nader will perform FUT if the patient is suitable. Dr. Nader uses a stereomicroscope to sort all grafts to ensure only single-haired follicular units are used in the hairline.

As always, we learn through our collective knowledge and experiences. I look forward to hearing your input and feedback.

View his website HERE

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, FluffyPanda said:

Tbh, I didn't realize he wasn't already on it

Yes. Frankly, we're long overdue in my opinion.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Mountinvan said:

The case in favor of Dr. Nader is very compelling. I support.

As a senior member, we value your input thank you 🙏 

View my thread

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, memzinla said:

I'm a Dr. Nader patient and I completely support adding Dr. Nader to the list of recommended doctors for a hair transplant. :)

Your results are stellar congrats.

• Like 1

View my thread

I’m a big fan of the thorough vetting process and high standards for initiation here. I would imagine 10+ successful procedures documented in the forum would suffice in making a compelling case. The work looks great. It does make me wonder how many fantastic surgeons there are out there whose work hasn’t made it into the forum? 🤔

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I’ve been saying it a lot recently but I’m all for it. I consulted with Dr Nader right when I was introduced to the forum. He’s an excellent doc with excellent bedside manner. He was very straight forward without being pushy.

Most importantly, his results speak for themselves.

• Like 1

I think Dr. Nader needs to present his plan on how he will handle the influx of potential consultations that will come his way. A recommendation from this community will undoubtedly bring in more traffic to his clinic. In this day and age, I find it unacceptable that potential patients consult with a physician and try contacting the office through multiple paths (email, online forms, phone) yet hear nothing back. When I first started consulting for hair transplants I reached out to his clinic several times yet heard nothing back. Years later, I see members complaining about the same issue.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I think Dr. Nader needs to present his plan on how he will handle the influx of potential consultations that will come his way. A recommendation from this community will undoubtedly bring in more traffic to his clinic. In this day and age, I find it unacceptable that potential patients consult with a physician and try contacting the office through multiple paths (email, online forms, phone) yet hear nothing back. When I first started consulting for hair transplants I reached out to his clinic several times yet heard nothing back. Years later, I see members complaining about the same issue.

Being part of our community would give members direct access through our link. As a surgeon who does everything himself like Konior, his consultations and surgery take a great deal of time. I believe our link will help him keep track of inquiries. He really is a rare breed of surgeon that does everything himself. It’s a valid concern, and i’d like to think that our link would help a lot.

View my thread

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better candidate for this recommendation. Dr. Nader is remarkable surgeon, who takes a great deal of pride in his work, and the care of his patients. We need more doctors like him.

As a former patient, I fully support this thread, and recommendation! 👍

• Like 1

As a potential patient of his, I'm pumped to see this.

Shy of being fully recommended by this forum officially (as the goal of this post is), anyone doing proper vetting will find he is amongst the best of the best, as did I.

Honest thoughts/fear: I'm in the process of getting a date scheduled for mine (full disclosure getting a second reply/firm date has been a work in progress since Nov) and my fear as someone else statedabove as the influx of volume. I love his approach and the fact that he takes as much time as he does with each patient, and that it's all 1:1, but he's been very open about how manual his inquiry processes are, so without finding a way to streamline that (take deposit for a consult call to weed out the not-serious peeps? etc), I'm not sure how it'll go. Amazing as he is at the craft, the business side of the business with timeliness expectations in the marketplace could very well sour his rep.

• Like 2

I don't want to sound like a Dr Nader fanboy (Especially before my own results come in ;D) so I will simply say I highly recommend.

The response time issue is a valid concern. But I'm reminded of the Thomas Sowell quote, "There are no solutions, only tradeoffs". Would I trade an increase in Naders price per graft for a faster response time? I suppose it depends how much of a price per graft increase we're talking about, but generally no I would not make that trade. So personally I wouldn't want him hiring a patient coordinator if it means any significant increase in what I owe at the end of surgery. However if there is something HRN can do to help with this issue while maintaining his low prices that's obviously a win all around. 

Persistence is key with getting ahold of Nader, and it's important not to be shy about sending 2-3 emails a week and putting in the title "2nd attempt to contact" "3rd attempt to contact" which is what he recommends in a Youtube video. I had more or less no issue getting booked with Nader using this method. I realize this rubs some people the wrong way, but I think it's important to stress his slow response time initially does not translate to a slow response time post-op. Every one of my texts I've sent post op has been replied to same day or next day. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 2

• Administrators
6 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I don't want to sound like a Dr Nader fanboy (Especially before my own results come in ;D) so I will simply say I highly recommend.

The response time issue is a valid concern. But I'm reminded of the Thomas Sowell quote, "There are no solutions, only tradeoffs". Would I trade an increase in Naders price per graft for a faster response time? I suppose it depends how much of a price per graft increase we're talking about, but generally no I would not make that trade. So personally I wouldn't want him hiring a patient coordinator if it means any significant increase in what I owe at the end of surgery. However if there is something HRN can do to help with this issue while maintaining his low prices that's obviously a win all around. 

Persistence is key with getting ahold of Nader, and it's important not to be shy about sending 2-3 emails a week and putting in the title "2nd attempt to contact" "3rd attempt to contact" which is what he recommends in a Youtube video. I had more or less no issue getting booked with Nader using this method. I realize this rubs some people the wrong way, but I think it's important to stress his slow response time initially does not translate to a slow response time post-op. Every one of my texts I've sent post op has been replied to same day or next day. 

Thanks for your input. I’m sure his inbox is full of solicitors, junk mail, and inquiries. Discerning what is what takes a lot of time. I’m also sure some inquiries don’t have subject lines, or possibly titled something generic like “interested.”

If someone sends an inquiry through our link it comes in as a consultation form, and he could even have a separate folder that all of our consultation forms go too, this would definitely streamline the process. I agree with your Thomas Sowell quote completely. At this skill and price, there has to be some sort of trade-off. 

View my thread

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Being part of our community would give members direct access through our link. As a surgeon who does everything himself like Konior, his consultations and surgery take a great deal of time. I believe our link will help him keep track of inquiries. He really is a rare breed of surgeon that does everything himself. It’s a valid concern, and i’d like to think that our link would help a lot.

Sure but the comparison you made to Dr. Konior is not valid in terms of communication. Dr. K personally responds every patient within a matter of hours to 1-2 days max. Dr. Nader doesn’t have to respond to every patient in a day like Dr. Konior but he should definitely consider improving his front office staff so patients aren’t waiting several weeks to never hear back, that’s very unprofessional. Hopefully the forum link helps with organization but I’m doubtful communication will get better until he hires better people to handle his communication. Mwamba has the same issue.

Edited by Tiger2050

1 minute ago, Tiger2050 said:

Sure but the comparison you made to Dr. Konior is not valid in terms of communication. Dr. K personally responds every patient within a matter of hours to 1-2 days max. Dr. Nader doesn’t have to respond to every patient in a day like Dr. Konior but he should definitely consider improving his front office staff so patients aren’t waiting several weeks to never hear back, that’s very unprofessional.

You do realize the price differential between Nader and Konior, right? "Improving his front office staff", cmon man. I don't mean to act like you kicked my dog, but please have a basic understanding of how different pricing effects ones ability to "improve front office staff"

11 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

You do realize the price differential between Nader and Konior, right? "Improving his front office staff", cmon man. I don't mean to act like you kicked my dog, but please have a basic understanding of how different pricing effects ones ability to "improve front office staff"

Konior doesn’t rely on his staff to communicate with patients, he personally responds to every single email and organizes his own schedule. However, I understand the majority of doctors delegate communication to patient advisors so this is something Nader should consider to help him improve his communication.

Edited by Tiger2050
  • Like 1

Hello! I had a hair transplant 34 days ago with Dr. Nader. He is amazing! Though time will tell with my results it is clear he loves what he does. He truly cares for his patients. I text him anytime and he responds and always is caring and helpful. I vote yes to add him. 

• Like 2