Eugenix 3514 grafts (720 on the temples) May 2022 Dr Priyadarshini Das

5 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Is Dr Bisanga offering you a surgery ? If yes, then by FUE or FUT ?

Yes, FUE. But I don't want to rush into another transplant. I think the best option now is to take dutasteride, oral minoxidil and wait

• Well Done 1

11 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Yes, FUE. But I don't want to rush into another transplant. I think the best option now is to take dutasteride, oral minoxidil and wait

To be honest, your first hair transplant although not ideal is not bad. Yes the hairline is low, and yes there are gaps behind the hairline. The hairline should have been higher, but this does not look bad. At least in the pictures the hairline height does not look too bad. If you do not loose more hair then all should be well. 

Also if you do consider another surgery then do ask the doctor why FUE over FUT as FUT will enable a doctor to harvest more grafts from the donor area.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2023 at 4:23 PM, GeneralNorwood said:

In 2 weeks it will be 11 months. 

Slick back doesn't look so good yet. I took this pictures 2  days ago : 

IMG_2333.thumb.jpg.9163b1a3d6e23e5cbb4cb20ffebdbad5.jpg

gigachad hairline tbh, was worth it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 3:46 AM, GeneralNorwood said:

an

Being totally honest, if you truly thought you didn't need a second procedure, I would say you were completely uneducated on the matter (delusional may be a bit strong)

But lets be clear: It should be the clinics job to lay down a future plan (when they know well you will need to return for a second sitting). Use this time to inform and at least educate them a little.

They have achieved very good density with the frontal zone. However, there are hairs placed on the vertical plane which just should never happen with hair transplants.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 9:52 PM, bigmistake said:

To be honest, your first hair transplant although not ideal is not bad. Yes the hairline is low, and yes there are gaps behind the hairline. The hairline should have been higher, but this does not look bad. At least in the pictures the hairline height does not look too bad. If you do not loose more hair then all should be well. 

Also if you do consider another surgery then do ask the doctor why FUE over FUT as FUT will enable a doctor to harvest more grafts from the donor area.

There is no concern about hairline height in matter of looks. The only concern is if this was right approach in matter of donor management and future hairloss. 

And yes, FUT is an option to consider. 

4 hours ago, Tommy1991 said:

Being totally honest, if you truly thought you didn't need a second procedure, I would say you were completely uneducated on the matter (delusional may be a bit strong)

Yes, you can say that i was uneducated and i didn't have a clue about my real state of baldness. 

4 hours ago, Tommy1991 said:

They have achieved very good density with the frontal zone. However, there are hairs placed on the vertical plane which just should never happen with hair transplants.

Can you elaborate what do you mean by "hair placed on the vertical plane"? 

• 1 month later...

14 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

How it going @GeneralNorwood?

Should be 12 months now...

Well, i think that one of best options for now is to style my hair as slickback. It covers my weak spots at lateral humps and with every month hair from front are getting longer and in few months they will make total comb for the crown i think.

Nowadays, i don't even use fibers, just some locking spray, foam or pomade or salt spray or headband, anything that keeps this style in place. 

Here i present photos from outdoors, i used some paste and locking spray to style hair, no fibers. 

1.thumb.jpeg.e348cced106694b62acb5ae35f426175.jpeg

2.thumb.jpeg.a75bd039602302f3e87bf3bb7405a1fb.jpeg3.thumb.jpeg.c4cef3f1453c1aa15be01b6ec8e392d0.jpeg

4.thumb.jpeg.4b10b0e4ae9b72a600e86e67044d1a89.jpeg

5.thumb.jpeg.b20cd622ad407f637d6fa73c8ceb236f.jpeg

And this is photo in harsher ligthing, in front of the bulb: 

image7.thumb.jpeg.7f3d53f6d1df6d3a8b268c69b39aa1dc.jpeg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, TemplesOfPeace said:

I have a question for post-surgery hairstyles and temple point restorations, just like our pal @GeneralNorwood has had. So, here's the burning question: Can you still rock a trendy haircut and seamlessly blend those temple points with a bold 0 or 1 guard, or will it end up looking like some kind of uncanny hair illusion?

For starters, if you look into my temple points carefully, you will see that my right temple is little better then left. I noticed that it is common in Eugenix procedures, that left temple point is weaker. I believe i saw something similar in @Captain Haddock and @NARMAK cases. 

Generally, i wanted to do temple points HT and grow them, not cut them to 0. I prefer hairstyles that begin with at least 3mm at the ear. And transplanted temple points hair look the best when they are longer. 

However, in undefined future, i will try famous Brad Pitt's Fury Hairucut and then we will know how my temples look when cutted to 0. (propably right temple point will look better then left 😅)

spacer.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Well, i think that one of best options for now is to style my hair as slickback. It covers my weak spots at lateral humps and with every month hair from front are getting longer and in few months they will make total comb for the crown i think.

Nowadays, i don't even use fibers, just some locking spray, foam or pomade or salt spray or headband, anything that keeps this style in place. 

Here i present photos from outdoors, i used some paste and locking spray to style hair, no fibers. 

2.thumb.jpeg.a75bd039602302f3e87bf3bb7405a1fb.jpeg3.thumb.jpeg.c4cef3f1453c1aa15be01b6ec8e392d0.jpeg

Damn that looks really good. That style really suits you too. Thanks for the update. 

• Like 1

Looks great man. Super eager to hear how it goes when you try the Pitt haircut. 

Eugenix has really tempted me to get some work done with them in India, I thought I was limited to the Belgium surgeons like Mwamba and Feriduni for temple point work but it’s great to see it being done on you. I agree one temple is weaker slightly but barely noticeable. 

Do you think I should hold and reservations about going to Eugenix with the 125INR package? It would be Dr Somesh doing the work. The sales rep told me the outcome should be good no matter what surgeon I opted for. 

10 hours ago, JasonElva1990 said:

And how ar u feeling about it now? I read some of your posts before about Bisanga Consultation,bad planing etc and i was thinking,whatever happend it all looks really good mate 

Well, Dr Bisanga is experienced surgeon and i agree with most of his points. I only don't agree with his opinion that polish people don't have such aggressive temple points. For example, my grandpa had temple points very similar to my current one. 

Saying that, i feel good about it how my hair look now. The growth is good, even Dr Bisanga acknowledged that.

I look certainly better then before procedure. So i don't regret going to Eugenix. But do i think that some things could be done better? Yes. 

Remember that the downside is that i am limited to slickback hairstyle and i have to provide some hold to it. Without using hair spray or foam, little wind and real Norwood stage is revealed 😆 This hairstyle is new to me, but i am getting used to it. 

7 hours ago, TemplesOfPeace said:

Do you think I should hold and reservations about going to Eugenix with the 125INR package? It would be Dr Somesh doing the work. The sales rep told me the outcome should be good no matter what surgeon I opted for. 

Well, outcome should be good, but not the same. You can compare all surgeons from Eugenix and it is rather obvious that Dr Sethi's results are the best. 

There are not many reviews of Dr Somesh, since he was just promoted to Senior this year. I read some good opinions about his approach. I believe there will be more reviews of his work in comming months. I don't know your schedule, but you can make reservation for example for the last quarter of this year and in the meantime, observe new results from Dr Somesh. 

19 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Lookin REAL good. As long as the illusion of fullness is achieved, thats a big W in my books. You can always go and correct more if you want as it is your hair and you have every right to want your hair to be as you want it, but Im for sure gonna rock the slick back style for myself.

• Thanks 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

in the picture with  strong lights there are very small tint dots on hairline and temple points, is it normal in HTs for everyone  not sure if i m having too as its still 3 months for me , side view images are looking good  also ur 6 months hairline and temple looks good is it because of less lighting, also i would like to know if there are only very thin singles in hairline and temple points starting section of 0.3-0.5mm..

• Like 1

@GeneralNorwood this is a great thread which highlights that proper planning is just as important as proper execution. I myself learnt it the hard way. 

I don't think your situation is that bad though. A well planned 2nd surgery with ~2.5k-3k grafts can take you a long way towards your goals. Yes, your hairline should have been kept a bit higher in your 1st surgery, but things can still be managed pretty well. And the traditional NW classification doesn't really do justice to us diffused thinners. 

Just curious, how's your 7 month experience with dutasteride been? I am myself planning to add 0.5 mg dut once a week into my finasteride regimen.

I also switched to oral minoxidil ~3.5 months ago. No improvement yet, infact things have worsened a bit (hopefully due to minoxidil induced shedding). I have a lot of thin hairs on my mid-scalp. Let's see if oral minox can do something about them in another 3 months 🤞

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, WoundedWolf said:

in the picture with  strong lights there are very small tint dots on hairline and temple points, is it normal in HTs for everyone  not sure if i m having too as its still 3 months for me , side view images are looking good  also ur 6 months hairline and temple looks good is it because of less lighting, also i would like to know if there are only very thin singles in hairline and temple points starting section of 0.3-0.5mm..

About the hairline, i believe that first 3 raws (0,5 mm) are only singles. Similar is for the temples. 

It is normal to observe some seethrough in harsh ligting when you had surgery for around 40 grafts per cm2. It is matter of hair caliber too and styling the hair. 

I saw your topic, and you had already 2 surgeries and you are only past 3 months. Therefore your density should improve in coming months. 

On 5/9/2023 at 1:27 PM, ThePerseverantWarrior said:

@GeneralNorwood this is a great thread which highlights that proper planning is just as important as proper execution. I myself learnt it the hard way. 

I don't think your situation is that bad though. A well planned 2nd surgery with ~2.5k-3k grafts can take you a long way towards your goals. Yes, your hairline should have been kept a bit higher in your 1st surgery, but things can still be managed pretty well. And the traditional NW classification doesn't really do justice to us diffused thinners. 

Just curious, how's your 7 month experience with dutasteride been? I am myself planning to add 0.5 mg dut once a week into my finasteride regimen.

I also switched to oral minoxidil ~3.5 months ago. No improvement yet, infact things have worsened a bit (hopefully due to minoxidil induced shedding). I have a lot of thin hairs on my mid-scalp. Let's see if oral minox can do something about them in another 3 months 🤞

I have around 3000-3200 scalp donor left. So i would rather use max 2000 grafts for the second surgery, to save some in the bank.

My experience with dutasteride is that i don't see difference with finasteride.

I switched to oral minoidil 1.5 month ago. Not using liquid minoxidil anymore. 

However previously i had the most gains(it was before HT), when i used dermapen + liquid minoxidil, when i cutted my hair to 0. In 5-6 months i noticed huge improvement. You can see at the photo below

spacer.png

Then when i had longer hair, i noticed that density worsened. Propably longer hair causes that liquid minoxidil is not so greatly absorped. 

It's interesting because there is one study that suggests that cutting hair to 0 and then using minoxidil + microneedling can bring best growth. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

I have around 3000-3200 scalp donor left. So i would rather use max 2000 grafts for the second surgery, to save some in the bank.

My experience with dutasteride is that i don't see difference with finasteride.

I switched to oral minoidil 1.5 month ago. Not using liquid minoxidil anymore. 

However previously i had the most gains(it was before HT), when i used dermapen + liquid minoxidil, when i cutted my hair to 0. In 5-6 months i noticed huge improvement. You can see at the photo below

spacer.png

Then when i had longer hair, i noticed that density worsened. Propably longer hair causes that liquid minoxidil is not so greatly absorped. 

It's interesting because there is one study that suggests that cutting hair to 0 and then using minoxidil + microneedling can bring best growth. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

Proper regular compliance with topical minoxidil is indeed a challenge, more so after a hair transplant. I myself switched to oral minoxidil 3.5 months back. 

And is your hairloss completely stable with dutasteride? Like no more than 10 hairs in the shower/comb?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThePerseverantWarrior said:

And is your hairloss completely stable with dutasteride? Like no more than 10 hairs in the shower/comb?

I don't notice hair falling out at all. I have like 0 hair in the shower/comb. 

I am really scared that in few months so called "anagen desynchronisation" will come and my hair will start to fall rapidly. I hope that Dr Arika is wrong about this one 😅

• Like 1