Eugenix 3514 grafts (720 on the temples) May 2022 Dr Priyadarshini Das

3 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

How many months has it been since your surgery @GeneralNorwood?

I would def slick the hair back. do a sexy man bun

In 2 weeks it will be 11 months. 

Slick back doesn't look so good yet. I took this pictures 2  days ago : 

IMG_2333.thumb.jpg.9163b1a3d6e23e5cbb4cb20ffebdbad5.jpg

IMG_2335.thumb.jpg.bb9a247290d9a8577658aee23e67cdd4.jpg

IMG_2336.thumb.jpg.ef9365d3ddfcf4a4d6fdc28a015f9382.jpg

IMG_2337.thumb.jpg.32fa366f6c030a85234c0f60d21be836.jpg

• Like 1

oh yeah gonna take a few months for sure before it looks really good to cover. sigh.. im in same boat with my crown. its constantly on my mind now lol.

Cant wait to get it filled!

• Like 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

4 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

oh yeah gonna take a few months for sure before it looks really good to cover. sigh.. im in same boat with my crown. its constantly on my mind now lol.

Cant wait to get it filled!

You are only at 4 months, so the best results are coming.I like graft distrubution that you had.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GeneralNorwood said:

You are only at 4 months, so the best results are coming.I like graft distrubution that you had.

thanks brotha, hope mine turns out well, and I also hope you find a solution for yours. from the front that slick back looks real nice! just googled too that it takes 2 years for hair to grow long enough from the root, haha wheres the fast forward button!!

• Haha 2

Nov 16, 2022

52 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

In 2 weeks it will be 11 months. 

Slick back doesn't look so good yet. I took this pictures 2  days ago : 

IMG_2333.thumb.jpg.9163b1a3d6e23e5cbb4cb20ffebdbad5.jpg

IMG_2335.thumb.jpg.bb9a247290d9a8577658aee23e67cdd4.jpg

IMG_2336.thumb.jpg.ef9365d3ddfcf4a4d6fdc28a015f9382.jpg

IMG_2337.thumb.jpg.32fa366f6c030a85234c0f60d21be836.jpg

It looks superb from the front. Impeccable. From the top or sides it’s obviously thinning, but I wouldn’t peg it as unnatural. It looks like one of the more favorable balding patterns found in nature.

On the subject of minoxidil, I’m aware of no difference in oral vs topical for how it works. As far as I’m aware they’re much the same. Personally I wouldn’t bother with topical. I don’t think it makes much difference anyway.

On 3/21/2023 at 8:42 AM, Rafael Manelli said:

This triangle, in my view, is the top priority for naturalness, and will only take a few hundred grafts. It is strange that Dr Das didn't anticipate needing to fill it in, and that she gave you such an aggressive hairline considering what Bisanga has revealed. Perhaps you should ask her about that.

Regardless, what's done is done. You can only move forward. You may have regrets, which are reasonable, but on the plus side you got a natural looking result with high yield, invisible scarring (as far as I can tell) and they have not depleted your donor or harvested in a strange pattern. 

And you're handling the strongest meds available. 

You went to a highly regarded clinic and put your trust in an expert's judgment. You can't beat yourself up about that. 

As for the big red rectangle you just posted, thay could eat up 1000 grafts per side. It would make a big difference though.

And as for FUT, if you're going to do FUT yothe conventional wisdom is to strip out and then do FUE. Starting with FUE and then doing strip is not the best idea because FUE will harvest some hairs from the strip area, thus making any strips you get less profitable. However, those hairs aren't wasted. They've been used for FUE. So it shouldn't be too big a deal. 

Strip candidacy depends on scalp laxity. 

Not many European surgeons are known for FUT these days. Bisanga and Lupanzula do it on occasion. Drs Muresanu do it regularly. Dr Ball in the UK does it.

It's a wise choice if you want to eke out every graft you can. 

I think you should consider it. 

20230321_123106.jpg

I think that is a great call. It will connect the sides and leave what many people have; a thinning crown but with natural looking sides and great frame.

• Like 3

Idk honestly. I tried to read trought your thread and  you have a really good result and growth on your first 1/3 part of the hairline. the hairline should perhaps have been a little bit higher but that is not the end of the world. 
The next step should be focusing on the middle part and the crown. Was this not a 2-step strategy? And also I don’t like the comment of Bissanga on this issue. Eugenix has done wonders with people worse than you. so if I was you I would not listen to him. He would have rejected you as he would probably have done with the Gatbsy case and the others Eugenix have worked with 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

Was this not a 2-step strategy? And also I don’t like the comment of Bissanga on this issue. Eugenix has done wonders with people worse than you. so if I was you I would not listen to him. He would have rejected you as he would probably have done with the Gatbsy case and the others Eugenix have worked with 

The issue is that this was not 2-step strategy. Why would Bisanga reject me when I had over 6,000 grafts in donor while now with half of the donor he didn't reject me

17 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I also feel like if her idea of not having it addressed in the first procedure was a conscious choice of a multi part plan, it should of been addressed with the patient in detail during the first procedure.

If there was some multi part plan, i would like to know about this before jumping into procedure

Regarding the temples, I've heard the issue with dividing multis into singles is that multi hair grafts tend to be thicker grafts when in reality for temples you want to use finer hair grafts. Hopefully if I'm incorrect someone can step in here to correct me but I dont think that is adding up. Also do they mean 400 Grafts on each temple or 400 in total? Regardless I honestly you got pretty big graft mileage if each temple was 400 grafts.

I remember you were saying that Dr Bisanga thinks your beard hair is not ideal for hair transplantation. Did he explain why? Because Eugenix here seem to think the opposite and both are highly regarded experts in the field.

Although I do think Eugenix is a great clinic, I personally would lean more into Dr Bisanga as a option. He is known as a much more conservative doctor and he has a bit of a reputation with blonde hair which you have.

There were 720 grafts total for the temples, from which some where singles splitted from doubles i believe. 

He said something about structure of my beard, that it differs from my hair. 

In my case I also believed I was a Norwood 3, maybe a Norwood 4 when I first started trying medication, but after I got very familiar with HTs and the inner workings of hair loss, I realized that I was a Norwood 4 with signs of going into a Norwood 6!

I don't feel like its denial in every case, its more like a lack of information. It doesn't clarify that you can be a Norwood 6 with hair everywhere in the Norwood 3 areas, and it leads no room to labeling diffuse thinners. 

Yes, i can say that i wasn't properly educated in subject of diffuse thinning. 

16 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

You are planning to switch from Finasteride to Dutasteride completely or plan to take Dutasteride weekly? 

As we all know, Finasteride blocks 75% of DHT and Dutasteride Blocks 92% of DHT

I am taking dutasteride 0.5 mg daily since september 2022 

Today i started minoxidil 5mg daily 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Curious25 said:

And for what it’s worth - I’ve not read the ins and outs of the full thread, but have the general idea. 

My takeaway for you is that it’s important to consult with multiple doctors, because there will always be a variety of perspectives, skill levels/capabilities, surgical approach, restoration ethos etc. Therefore like all things in hair restoration, there isn’t a one size fits all answer, even for your own individual case. 

In the same light, I also think the former Eugenix patients chiming in with their own personal experiences should be taken with a pinch salt, because it’s pretty amusing to imagine a patient viewing your photos online, to feel they are in a better placed position to say what is and isn’t feasible for yourself, contrary to what a world class surgeon who has had the opportunity to physically examine you in person suggests. 

That's true, every case is different so it's not good argument when somebody says "Eugenix did even Gatsby, so you are easy peasy!!!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Adam561 said:

Your thoughts changed very much after consulting with Bisanga, you should not have shared this here at the first place, even if you did, I am sure if you tell Dr. Bisanga about the entire case then he wouldn't have said the same thing. 
Anyways please dont be oversure by any doc opinions, take care and keep us updated. 

BHR wrote to me that they saw my post about consultation with Bisanga and they said that unfortunately in real life my hair look worse then on the pictures that i posted on forum. 

I don't know why exactly i shouldn't share such important information like consultation with such recognized doctor like Bisanga. I mentioned in my topic that i am going to consult with him 2 months ago. You expect me now to hide bad news and pretend that everyting is fine? 😅

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Z-- said:

The issue that many people here perhaps willfully disregard isn't that you need multiple surgeries, but that you have limited grafts and you clearly seem to have preferred having a fuller crown and midscalp instead of a lower hairline. That likely isn't possible anymore.

Yes and the real question is : "What is possible now?" 

What’s the plan?

The way I see it your issue can now be broken down into 3 zones: temple “holes”, mid scalp and crown.

If it were me, I would prioritise them in that order.

Im guessing the holes will take about 500 grafts. Filling them is a no brainer. Then you’ll have, generously, 3000 grafts for the rest.

3000 grafts will not give you great opacity, or full, thick , lush density. But you have three things helping you: Dense but superfine natives, good color contrast, and your hair is a little wavy. The natives are probably equivalent to 2000 grafts. So in a sense you have 5000 grafts for the crown and mid scalp. Still not enough for that full opacity, but not bad.

You must make a compromise. Normally you might compromise on the hairline, but that option is gone. So you must compromise in another way. Here are some examples.

1. Go for mild density all over.

2. Go for moderate density on midscalp, low density on crown 

3. Go for good density on midscalp and leave the crown to the meds.

4. Partial hairpiece for both areas, only transplanting the holes. This will give best appearance, like full head of hair, but requires some maintenance.

Finally, there is the possibility of concealers, trichopigmentation and body hair. There’s always a trick up your sleeve if you’re determined. And you could probably get another 1000 grafts from the donor if you were okay with reducing its visual density in exchange for higher density on thinning areas.

And you can even consider FUT

Thats about all I can think of, but it’s plenty to think about and good reason to feel optimistic.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 5:35 PM, GeneralNorwood said:

347 left temple- 373 - right temple

I want to first say that this is a 10/10 result. Truly goes to show you how with just 3500 grafts you're life can completely change! The hairline completely framed your face. And question the 347 or 373 grafts are just in the highlights area of the photo correct? 

image.png.b2e6e1e97e179d8164bf060e769e1ee9.png

I have to say you seemed far happier until Dr. Bisanga chimed in. Not that I disagree necessarily with his monday morning quarterbacking but I think the overall analysis is you got an amazing hairline, framing and temples.

As I see it if you fill in the triangles @Rafael Manelli outlined and do some minor crown work you'll look like a person who never had a HT, has an amazing hairline/framing and like many men has a thinning crown.

I do think Eugenix could have planned better but given two docs think you have a decent amount of grafts necessary to do the above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

What’s the plan?

The way I see it your issue can now be broken down into 3 zones: temple “holes”, mid scalp and crown.

Im guessing the holes will take about 500 grafts. Filling them is a no brainer. Then you’ll have, generously, 3000 grafts for the rest.

3000 grafts will not give you great opacity, or full, thick , lush density. But you have three things helping you: Dense but superfine natives, good color contrast, and your hair is a little wavy. The natives are probably equivalent to 2000 grafts. So in a sense you have 5000 grafts for the crown and mid scalp. Still not enough for that full opacity, but not bad.

You must make a compromise. Normally you might compromise on the hairline, but that option is gone. So you must compromise in another way. Here are some examples.

4. Partial hairpiece for both areas, only transplanting the holes. This will give best appearance, like full head of hair, but requires some maintenance.

Finally, there is the possibility of concealers, trichopigmentation and body hair. There’s always a trick up your sleeve if you’re determined. And you could probably get another 1000 grafts from the donor if you were okay with reducing its visual density in exchange for higher density on thinning areas.

Thats about all I can think of, but it’s plenty to think about and good reason to feel optimistic.

Personally I think option 2 is by far the best (assuming he fills in the side 'holes'. That way it is simply a natural progression from an amazing hairline temples to thinning crown. Nothing looks amiss except normal thinning from above/behind, but all of his personal interactions will have him with a great framing, a great profile (due to the temples and the 'hole' filled in). I think he is very close to being where he wants to be, just let the Bisanga after-the-fact go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

What’s the plan?

Option 2 and 3 are worth considering. Option 1 won't eliminate huge contrast between front and back. 

Hairpicees, wigs etc, its not for me. I don't even like using fibers.

FUT is definetely an option. It is better for sure, then depleting donor(if it can be an issue). 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

1 hour ago, stephcurry30 said:

I want to first say that this is a 10/10 result. Truly goes to show you how with just 3500 grafts you're life can completely change! The hairline completely framed your face. And question the 347 or 373 grafts are just in the highlights area of the photo correct? 

image.png.b2e6e1e97e179d8164bf060e769e1ee9.png

Yes, you marked right temple, so it was 373 grafts in this red area. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

I have to say you seemed far happier until Dr. Bisanga chimed in.

No it's not like that. I was always happy about growth in the front. I was never happy about disconnection between front and back  I was never fully satisfied.  That's why i scheduled this consultation in the first place. 

What only changed after consultation with Bisanga is now i know that i need a lot more grafts then i thought. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 6:30 PM, Rafael Manelli said:

What’s the plan?

My 2 cents, and before I give my opinion I want to make it clear I’m a novice in this sort of thing, but I’d focus on density in the front and mid and then grow your hair out and slick back and just stick to that style for life. So basically option 2 as you listed. 

man buns and slick backs are the best option for these type of scenarios so you have that feel. 

A full look will ALWAYS be better than a “balding look”

again, just my 2 cents. No concealer or any other nonsense needed. 

I think eugenix had a dude who did a man bun , I liked that idea. It never crossed my mind lol

Edited by BaldingEagle1
  • Thanks 1

Nov 16, 2022

On 3/24/2023 at 11:09 PM, GeneralNorwood said:

The issue is that this was not 2-step strategy. Why would Bisanga reject me when I had over 6,000 grafts in donor while now with half of the donor he didn't reject me

All respect to bisanga, but he opts for the more conservative approach while eugenix does not, he would never have agreed to your design as it is too risky, on the other hand he would probably not have produced a final result like Zoomer or Bandit either. You yourself requested this hairline design and you got a 100% result from it is the bottom line. If you keep committing to eugenix I am sure they will produce a hall of fame result in the end.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2023 at 5:13 AM, GeneralNorwood said:

"Contrast", it is very gentle word for this situation. Don't you see that it looks terrible and very unnatural?  Dr Sethi could easily make video about this case, to present mistakes in HT, only if this surgery wasn't made by Eugenix. 

At the day of procedure i didn't imagine that final result will look so bad that i will be forced to do next surgery ASAP, believe me. 

My scalp donor is limited to around 3000 and according to dr Bisanga it is not enough to cover huge thinning area on midscalp/crown and lateral humps. He said that my beard is not so good for HT. Just read this post https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/66820-eugenix-3514-grafts-720-on-the-temples-may-2022-dr-priyadarshini-das/page/3/#comment-707399

Do you really think it is about confidence, if she proposed recently to implant 1500 on the crown and 1000 on the midscalp? 

Good, that you bring out Bandit90, because Eugenix planned 2 surgeries for him  from the start and i didn't have such plan. We talked only about 1 surgery. 

Is Dr Bisanga offering you a surgery ? If yes, then by FUE or FUT ?

3 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

My 2 cents, and before I give my opinion I want to make it clear I’m a novice in this sort of thing, but I’d focus on density in the front and mid and then grow your hair out and slick back and just stick to that style for life. So basically option 2 as you listed. 

It's option 5. Option 2 didn't mention anything about adding density to the front. 

For sure adding couple hundreds of grafts to the front and rest to the midscalp/lateral humps area is good choice if i wanted limit myself to the slickback hairstyle. 

3 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

A full look will ALWAYS be better than a “balding look”

True