I have been quoted around 2200-2500 grafts by Dr. Mwamba but I believe I need much more. What do you think?

funnily enough I have opposite feeling from my consultation with Mwamba, I feel he quoted way too many grafts 😄

I guess once on surgery day and in-person everything can change and adapt on-the-go, dont fixate yourself on the quotation imo its just an approximation

1 hour ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

funnily enough I have opposite feeling from my consultation with Mwamba, I feel he quoted way too many grafts 😄

I guess once on surgery day and in-person everything can change and adapt on-the-go, dont fixate yourself on the quotation imo its just an approximation

I am having another video consultation with the doctor in a few days just to make sure that there won't be any surprises on surgery day 

2 hours ago, BaldV said:

how old are you?

we need better pictures from above

9 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

how old are you now? you haev hair loss in the back as well?

Mid 20's

Hair loss only on the front

Some more quotes that I have received:

Ximena Vila quoted me 2000 grafts (Just hairline no temple peaks)

Dr Gur Quoted me 2600-2700 grafts (Just hairline no temple peaks)

Dr Turan Quoted me 2200-2500 grafts (Just hairline no temple peaks)

Eugenix quoted me 2800 grafts (Hairline and temple peaks)

Asmed quoted me 3000-3200 grafts (Hairline and temple peaks)

3 minutes ago, Blane123 said:

Some more quotes that I have received:

Ximena Vila quoted me 2000 grafts (Just hairline no temple peaks)

Dr Gur Quoted me 2600-2700 grafts (Just hairline no temple peaks)

Dr Turan Quoted me 2200-2500 grafts (Just hairline no temple peaks)

Eugenix quoted me 2800 grafts (Hairline and temple peaks)

Asmed quoted me 3000-3200 grafts (Hairline and temple peaks)

stay away from ASMED no matter what

• Like 2

I distinctly remember you posting under a different account. From what I recall you are quite young and several senior members advised not to get a HT at this time. Anyway I hope Mwamba is as conservative as possible. Less grafts now will mean you will have more for later which you probably will need.

Edited by Bb111

Dr Mwamba is the person you need to be talking to. He's the expert here and likely to be the absolute best source based on his technique and what he intends to achieve that he gave you the figure he did. Personally i feel like on the day, it could get adjusted up or down depending on several factors that aren't known as well until the actual in person examinations can take place. 

• Valued Contributor

You have less hairloss than I do and I had 2762 grafts for the frontal third. Ideally I need another pass into a few spots where things are a little thin (Dr Sethi reckons 500-600 grafts would more than do the job). So I'd say Mwamba's estimate sounds about exactly correct, and it seems the lower estimate is in line with the other clinics you've spoken to. You won't truly know until the day but assume the higher estimate for budget's sake.

As some others stated, there are so many factors at play here that I don't think you're going to reach a consensus. Not only that, but each surgeon is going to have their own personal philosophy about how to best approach your hair loss.  What does the top of your hair look like, what's your projected hair loss based on personal and family history, how low are you wanting your hairline, etc.? And while virtual consultations are great, you have to keep in mind that many surgeons test the miniaturization levels of your hair in person, and whatever they find when they see you in person could influence their estimate. 

Given that you're in your mid-20s, I personally think it's best to be slightly more conservative - but again, we don't know the full story here. And 2,200-2,500 also doesn't seem that low to me, but I also don't know what your expectations are. 

If I were you, I would focus on deciding which surgeon you trust the most and have the best feeling about, and then letting them lead the way. They're the experts for a reason. Before my procedure with Dr. Mohebi, I had my own idea of what wanted and how I wanted my hairline to look... And then I ultimately trusted his opinion and expertise on the matter and let him guide me. And while the ultimate decision was mine to sign off on, his guidance is really what made me feel comfortable about our final game plan. 

Edited by pkipling

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It depends on what you wish to achieve. 

Do you want the NW0 straight hairline? Or something a bit more conservative, i.e. NW1

Keep in mind that I've seen surgeons cover this area with ease, using this many grafts.

I definitely would not go higher unless the in-person consult changed his opinion. Future-proofing your hair loss is arguably the most important aspect.