When YouTubers get a Hair Transplant

NARMAK

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

I don't think it's just ignorance. He "negotiated" with the clinic to basically promote them lead guys to them and get a kickback. 

These guys are scumbags and tbh, i wouldn't mind seeing this idiot get his just desserts for it. 

Being a millionaire is luck in so many ways for some people. Good for him, he got his bag but there's so many, either born into it or made millionaires and they're complete morons. 

It also doesn't make sense that they don't do proper research but, glad we have got the resources like here and elsewhere to point it out. 

How’s becoming. A millionaire luck lol

• Administrators
On 7/6/2022 at 7:06 PM, NARMAK said:

Greg Doucette just posted an update 6 days ago and i just don't honestly know where to even start. 

He goes "I don't care about a hair transplant" and yet the idiot got one because apparently his girlfriend was supposed to get it and didn't, so he thought he would? Like what?! 

Then he mentions a lot of other guff and he seems to have never mentioned from recollection that he was probably being paid by the place that did it. 

These sorta people are so meticulous on fitness and nutrition information but literal numpties on hair transplants. 

The cherry on top of this poop show? Greg Doucette was being paid to advertise a big American brand that's promoting hair loss stacks like Finasteride and Minoxidil in their own branded, marked up package. Yes ladies and gents, the shilling just don't stop. 

I honestly think get your bag and in some ways i guess even if it's through these brands, more people can keep hair and it becomes less taboo, but the audacity to claim you don't care about hair loss and get a hair transplant and then still claim you don't care about hair is just damaging for impressionable people to hear. 

I don’t see anything wrong with promoting anything he believes in. For example, his supplements, etc. But how could you promote hair loss “stacks” and claim not to care about hair loss.

That’s like me promoting workout supplements and saying I don’t even workout lol.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

I think there’s luck in opportunity. But certainly, it takes drive and effort. Like the Paul brothers, I don’t follow them, but I can recognize they’re smart and driven. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

5 hours ago, sukh123 said:

There's always an element of luck involved and for some that's being in the right place at the right time. Not necessarily because they were smart or worked hard. Crypto currency for example made a bunch of millionaires. You all think they had a foresight what would happen when they started out? 

If you believe that becoming a millionaire is just hard work, then why isn't everybody a millionaire? It's because even when we try out best, there's a statistic that 20% fail within their first year and 60% within 3 years. Even if you get past that, there's no guarantee you'll have a significant income being generated. 

Anyways, my point is that him being rich doesn't mean he bothered to do research and actually go to a proper place. 

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t see anything wrong with promoting anything he believes in. For example, his supplements, etc. But how could you promote hair loss “stacks” and claim not to care about hair loss.

That’s like me promoting workout supplements and saying I don’t even workout lol.

Personally i don't understand how people so knowledgeable in one field don't apply the same principles of research to hair loss. 

Plus, promoting hair loss products whilst claiming not to care about hair loss was the cherry on the cake imo. They all just want to grab all the money they can. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all---just saw that Brett posted his 6-month results on YouTube. No question about it--2400 grafts into an NW2 (is that correct?) hairline and it shows lots of hair. My question is the refinement of it when you see the curly implanted hairs when he pulls back his hair. It just looks odd up close or is that my imagination? Anyway, I can see definite improvement. Do you agree?

No question about it

Edited by Mountinvan

4 hours ago, Mountinvan said:

Hi all---just saw that Brett posted his 6-month results on YouTube. No question about it--2400 grafts into an NW2 (is that correct?) hairline and it shows lots of hair. My question is the refinement of it when you see the curly implanted hairs when he pulls back his hair. It just looks odd up close or is that my imagination? Anyway, I can see definite improvement. Do you agree?

No question about it

There’s been a ton of YouTubers recently getting transplant but they all seem to go to the same 3 places 

On 1/7/2023 at 8:43 PM, Mountinvan said:

No question about it

Just had a chance to watch the video and tbh, it's funny that he touched on Finasteride and how he hasn't started because there's loads of friends he knows that got "PFS" etc. which maybe somehow in his circle, there's a disproportionately affected amount of people, but i think it goes to show that sometimes people trust the word of those they know more and so on.

The hairline is interesting because i think what the clinic tried and failed to achieve was the "feathered" look and that's why he has picked up on that disconnect between the two areas and the lack in appropriate density to give that feathered gradation in the transition period. 

That said, i almost feel like his donor area being shown off isn't going to be the best because of the fact the hairs long enough to hide any issues better than if it was much shorter but i think he's been pretty fortunate that most of the grafts appear to have survived that give him the denser look. 

That said, this won't help with young guys being influenced to end up in a hair mill unfortunately. 

• Administrators

I’ll start by saying it doesn’t look horrible from afar. I think he can camouflage the poor work with success. I’m sure they used their best team on him too, take that how you will.

The issues with his hairline are as follows: 

No micro-irregularities

A visible gap in density

Multiples in hairline

Pitting

He did a good job of showing his hairline in a way that made it difficult to spot, but when he did a semi-close-up you could clearly see all of the issues above. 

Bret, if you see this. I’m not saying this to disparage you. In time, I think you may want to pay to get these issues fixed. Also, at your age seriously reconsider medication. There’s topical finasteride and dutasteride if you’re worried of side effects. 

AEA7AA71-A670-4B7D-BB97-955991675077.jpeg

Multiples

2658CE2C-9AEB-4632-BE3C-070C16E087A9.png

Pitting

FC354F7B-4A9E-4176-90BB-5B0BF2A99E43.png

• Like 3

View my thread

Growth has been seemingly pretty good, but they have messed up the front somewhat. I agree, it is their likely attempt to create a refined and softer look that has unfortunately caused the weird appearance, it’s almost like they have tried to soften it by transplanting multi’s in a less dense structure, as opposed to picking out fine haired singles and maintaining the higher density required. 

Maybe he will reach out to you Melvin and source a repair surgery through you, you’re both in LA right ? 

Surprised at his reluctance on fin - the rest of his hair seems pretty solid at the moment, so should there be any deterioraron, I’m sure that his mindset will swiftly change.   

Edited by Curious25

It does look good from afar--and to be fair, it is not fully grown in. To the untrained (that be me) it looks like a line of hair was added but not feathered in with singles. I see the lack of irregularity, but some may say that is characteristic of a juvenile hairline, and some may actually prefer it; each to his own. My question is on the pitting--Melvin can you give more explanation so we will know it when we see it? By the way Brett, I think the procedure makes you look a few years younger and seems to have boosted your self-confidence which are what hair transplants are intended to do,

Hey all,

This video popped up in my feed a day or two ago so I decided to google “Brett Maverick” and HRN because I needed the balance of the forum’s trusty collective sanity. 

I’m booked in with Dr. Konior for a future date so after his quoted graft number I’m always curious to compare area sizes with others who look to have had a similar area restored. So my initial thought was he received too many or his area was deceptively larger than mine. I was stunned at how unnatural the hairline was so I turned to the comments yet there was nothing but praise.

So a few hours ago Dr. Gary Linkov posts a reaction to the aforementioned video. What stunned me was initially, Dr. Linkov praised the hairline as “overall pretty good,” but later in the video said he would need an 800 graft touch up and didn’t seem very critical of the work. His platform is huge. Why wouldn’t he have brought up what Melvin and others have? He called the hairs singles when it’s obvious that there’s some multiples in there.

I was here going crazy because I would not be happy if I had this result. They added uniform regularity to the irregularity. Utterly bizarre.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, AladdinSane said:

Hey all,

This video popped up in my feed a day or two ago so I decided to google “Brett Maverick” and HRN because I needed the balance of the forum’s trusty collective sanity. 

I’m booked in with Dr. Konior for a future date so after his quoted graft number I’m always curious to compare area sizes with others who look to have had a similar area restored. So my initial thought was he received too many or his area was deceptively larger than mine. I was stunned at how unnatural the hairline was so I turned to the comments yet there was nothing but praise.

So a few hours ago Dr. Gary Linkov posts a reaction to the aforementioned video. What stunned me was initially, Dr. Linkov praised the hairline as “overall pretty good,” but later in the video said he would need an 800 graft touch up and didn’t seem very critical of the work. His platform is huge. Why wouldn’t he have brought up what Melvin and others have? He called the hairs singles when it’s obvious that there’s some multiples in there.

I was here going crazy because I would not be happy if I had this result. They added uniform regularity to the irregularity. Utterly bizarre.

Well, he probably doesn’t want to be too negative. He’s a surgeon himself, so he doesn’t want others being negative against him and his results. I think it’s tricky, I don’t really want to make a video putting his results on blast because I know that could be damaging to Brett himself.

He seems like an overall good guy. If he were my friend I’d bring it up to him gently. I’ve never been a fan of the Greg Doucette style “expose” videos. Funny enough, many have done that about him now. Live by the sword, die by the sword. 

• Like 2

View my thread

On 1/10/2023 at 5:26 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ll start by saying it doesn’t look horrible from afar. I think he can camouflage the poor work with success. I’m sure they used their best team on him too, take that how you will.

No micro-irregularities

A visible gap in density

Multiples in hairline

Pitting

He did a good job of showing his hairline in a way that made it difficult to spot, but when he did a semi-close-up you could clearly see all of the issues above. 

Bret, if you see this. I’m not saying this to disparage you. In time, I think you may want to pay to get these issues fixed. Also, at your age seriously reconsider medication. There’s topical finasteride and dutasteride if you’re worried of side effects. 

Multiples

Pitting

Pitting and cobblestoning were two of my greatest fears. Still scanning my red scalp daily to make sure it looks somewhat uniform 😅.

On 1/11/2023 at 1:26 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

No micro-irregularities

A visible gap in density

Multiples in hairline

Pitting

Multiples

Pitting

This guy had no hairloss problem, maybe a bit NW1.

He had a natural low hairline, I don't understand why ppl accept to do hairlines over and beneath the forehead muscle.

Every 1 cm of hair costs around 1000 grafts.

The hair angles are incorrect with double grafts (maybe some triple) at the front with symmetric hairline.

When he's styling his hair, the pluggy look can fade out, this small part of the video resembles the core of this result.

The public may think that celebrities can give some kind of garauntee for a top-notch job just because they have their popularity, but that doesn't mean they're professional cosmetic consultants, nor ppl that done a detailed research.

Actually, many celebrities get botched or have bad results, especially when it comes to hair transplant procedures like: AJ Mclean, Nicolas cage, Kyle Christie, etc...

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.