Just Shave It Bro

• Administrators

9B0085BD-533D-4427-B97F-91B4A1D93329.jpeg71501B26-FF4B-4124-97AF-1866C6F0C543.jpeg

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Added another meme
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Wasn’t that over a dig about his wife’s hair loss? 

It was staged. But yea it was about her hair loss

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

28 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Didn’t look staged, seemed to get out of hand, earlier stuff was skits etc.. seemed a below the belt comment he reacted too.

Watch the uncensored clip, He and his wife were both p***ed at that “joke”

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

99.9% of the people won't realise that it was staged and the act will be a resounding success. 🤑

The lengths people are willing to go to get some eyeballs is astounding. 

Edit : I bump that figure to 99.99% after reading this thread 😀

Edited by bald-and-bearded

The slap wasn't staged imo but Chris Rock was professional about the whole thing in his recovery and took it well. I think he kinda knew he'd crossed a line after that slap. 

Will Smith is not ever really the type of guy to go and slap somebody at the Oscars when he's due to get an award imo. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

The slap wasn't staged imo but Chris Rock was professional about the whole thing in his recovery and took it well. I think he kinda knew he'd crossed a line after that slap. 

Will Smith is not ever really the type of guy to go and slap somebody at the Oscars when he's due to get an award imo. 

Yup. Not only that, but he rarely ever drops F-bombs. Thus you can tell how pissed he was.

Whether it was the right reaction or not...who knows. I guess none of us here will ever be defending our wives at the oscars, so who can truly say...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Yup. Not only that, but he rarely ever drops F-bombs. Thus you can tell how pissed he was.

Whether it was the right reaction or not...who knows. I guess none of us here will ever be defending our wives at the oscars, so who can truly say...

Tbh, i think Will Smith is going to get heavy flak for this. Chris Rock may have made a tasteless joke but his own wife has humiliated him publicly when she announced she cheated on him live on her own show. It sounds like she wears the pants and he felt obligated with the death stare she bore into his head because initially he did laugh. 

31 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

It was staged. The slap looked staged. Wold have been a closed fist of it was real imo

No, a slap is sufficient enough. He was there to make a point. Not probably end up on an assault charge. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

It was staged. The slap looked staged. Wold have been a closed fist of it was real imo

I think it's just the cynical world we live in to just automatically assume it was staged. Not too surprising with how much fake BS there is in Hollywood, but that was 100% a real slap.

If he had punched him, no doubt they both would have been in much more trouble.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Tbh, i think Will Smith is going to get heavy flak for this. Chris Rock may have made a tasteless joke but his own wife has humiliated him publicly when she announced she cheated on him live on her own show. It sounds like she wears the pants and he felt obligated with the death stare she bore into his head because initially he did laugh. 

No, a slap is sufficient enough. He was there to make a point. Not probably end up on an assault charge. 

Yeh she most definitely wears the trousers. Some of their family interviews are so cringe but you can see she's the one in control and would drive him to such erratic reactions

Just now, follically challenged said:

I think it's just the cynical world we live in to just automatically assume it was staged. Not too surprising with how much fake BS there is in Hollywood, but that was 100% a real slap.

If he had punched him, no doubt they both would have been in much more trouble.

Yeh, skits and set ups are common place, but this wouldn’t serve any purpose for either. It wasn’t funny, and nobody will be happy that a slap and profanity was used. In the end if it turns out to be fake it fell flat, and if it was real then it shouldn’t have ended like that. Sours the evenings proceedings either way IMO.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The reason I believe it was staged is because Will Smith wasn’t removed. If it were real, security would’ve removed him right away. Do you guys think a respectable venue would allow someone to physically assault a host without doing something? I mean you can’t do this at a cheap comedy show, let alone a huge event. 

View my thread

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The reason I believe it was staged is because Will Smith wasn’t removed. If it were real, security would’ve removed him right away. Do you guys think a respectable venue would allow someone to physically assault a host without doing something? I mean you can’t do this at a cheap comedy show, let alone a huge event. 

Lol you suggesting that celebrities AREN'T treated differently to us 'normal folk'? 😉

• Like 4

Its not fake in my opinion. Will and Jada have infamously been through a lot in their relationship and a lot has been exposed and talked about for many years now. For Jada dealing with alopecia since 2018, she has gone through a lot of trauma dealing with it, a familiar trauma to many of us here I'm sure. The joke Chris made perhaps comes with bad timing as well, she's at the Oscars sitting there with a shaved head and it looks like she has come to a place where she feels shes accepted it, and chris' joke undermines how much effort that took. Granted its not really a great joke either, its cheap and only half witty, most ppl can make jokes at the expense of someones appearance or struggle thats pretty easy. So anyway as the situation finally hit Will, I think he became overwhelmed with the feeling of someone abusing that peace she and him both worked for and he felt it was his role to fight back.. Hitting Chris in that moment felt like he was sticking up for his wife... and you know whats funny I think it definitely is going to strengthen their relationship, I'm not writing that to agree or disagree with his action.. but man she has to come out of that thinking he def loves her and has her back cuz that was striking. He was dammned if he didnt do something and damned if he did.. 

• Like 4

Lol, they aren't gonna remove an "a-list" celebrity, that would turn it into an even bigger fiasco. He was also the frontrunner to win best actor which was coming up in a few minutes. No way they would remove him. I understand the cynicism in the world but that wasn't staged lol

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Lol you suggesting that celebrities AREN'T treated differently to us 'normal folk'? 😉

I believe they’re treated differently vs. regular people. But here we have two celebrities, so the celebrity factor is canceled out, they’re peers. 

View my thread

I know it is on everybody'd mind that it was staged, but quite frankly the "joke" (which I agree was in poor taste) was about a medical condition. Even the cyncic in me doesn't think that the Academy would stage a joke about a medical condition (autoimmune deficiency---)

• Like 1

This was real, but even if it was staged what it actually does is help to normalize physically assaulting someone for what they say. And it was really a punk move going no further than a slap, knowing that's the limit of what's socially acceptable --*for women.*  Chris Rock should press charges, one punk move deserves another. 

-----

Oscar presenter Chris Rock has declined to file a police report over actor Will Smith’s slap during the live broadcast of the Academy Awards ceremony, the department said in a release Sunday night.

“If the party desires a police report at a later date, LAPD will be available to complete an investigative report,” the statement said.

image.thumb.png.afccd8a096ca17c7843b2fc29ec96d63.png

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Mountinvan said:

I know it is on everybody'd mind that it was staged, but quite frankly the "joke" (which I agree was in poor taste) was about a medical condition. Even the cyncic in me doesn't think that the Academy would stage a joke about a medical condition (autoimmune deficiency---)

You know I don’t believe it’s actually alopecia. I think it’s traction alopecia, which is a variant of genetic hair loss. 

To me, I don’t see any clear signs of alopecia the autoimmune condition, it looks like traction alopecia, very common among women who wear extensions. No one ever wants to admit they have genetic hair loss, or self-inflicted hair loss. 

image.jpeg

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You know I don’t believe it’s actually alopecia. I think it’s traction alopecia, which is a variant of genetic hair loss. 

To me, I don’t see any clear signs of alopecia the autoimmune condition, it looks like traction alopecia, very common among women who wear extensions. No one ever wants to admit they have genetic hair loss, or self-inflicted hair loss. 

This video has an interesting take by a plastic surgeon that does hair transplants too. He said it looks like the scar on the top of her head was from a previous eye brow lift procedure. As her loss from the traction alopecia progress and she shaved her head, she may have forgotten about it.

Edited by ciaus

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, ciaus said:

This was real, but even if it was staged what it actually does is help to normalize physically assaulting someone for what they say. And it was really a punk move going no further than a slap, knowing that's the limit of what's socially acceptable --*for women.*  Chris Rock should press charges, one punk move deserves another. 

-----

Oscar presenter Chris Rock has declined to file a police report over actor Will Smith’s slap during the live broadcast of the Academy Awards ceremony, the department said in a release Sunday night.

“If the party desires a police report at a later date, LAPD will be available to complete an investigative report,” the statement said.

image.thumb.png.afccd8a096ca17c7843b2fc29ec96d63.png

I live in LA, which is a place where people all over the world move to seek attention. It’s actually sad to see wannabe influencers from small towns come here and end up in a dark place.

Let’s face it, the oscars, and award shows in general have been losing their audience. Cable TV is virtually extinct, movie theaters are empty, one could say “Social Media killed the Movie Star” what can they do to generate interest? What could captivate an audience and make people want to tune in and watch it? This.  

I mean, I’m old enough to remember Madonna kissing Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake showing Janet Jackson’s boob. It wouldn’t be the first time it’s been done. I don’t believe anyone could physically assault someone at a show and still be allowed to receive an award, sorry but that doesn’t make any sense.

View my thread