What To Look For in Reviews- 3 Incredible Hair Transplant Reviews- Dr. Nadimi, Dr. Bisanga, and Dr. Konior

• Administrators

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ryan Rap said:

I hope this was somewhat of a response to Joe Tillmans latest vid on Nadimi vs Panine. Not sure if you saw it but it was such an odd video by him tbh

No I haven’t seen it, I have been meaning to put hair transplant reviews from here on YouTube for a while. To be honest, I don’t follow anything he does. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

8 hours ago, Ryan Rap said:

I hope this was somewhat of a response to Joe Tillmans latest vid on Nadimi vs Panine. Not sure if you saw it but it was such an odd video by him tbh

I just looked it up.  Weird.  Did he not think to look on Instagram for her results?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

6 hours ago, 1978matt said:

I just looked it up.  Weird.  Did he not think to look on Instagram for her results?

It sounds like he has something against her and the CHI clinic or something. You can hear him get like angry about the fact that the pre op photos from her patients that we documenting their own journey aren't good, like how is that her fault? I also just noticed he also took out a portion of the video that was in there like a week ago. He had a case in the video where he compared two photos side by side of the same patient saying that one was pre op and the other was 6 months apart and there was 0 change. It turns out they were both pre op photos lmao. Someone in the comments called him out and was like "bro those are not 6 months apart, they are both pre ops" and then he took it out. He also showed 0 photos from Panine which I also thought was odd considering the title is Panine Vs Nadimi. Overall just a very odd video. Always wondered why he's never covered or even mentioned Konior/Nadimi before. Prob cause they don't pay him to hype them up 

18 minutes ago, Ryan Rap said:

Overall just a very odd video

Very much so. I felt like it was most likely to be a low key attack on CHI's pricing structure, and the fact that they aren't bothered by being a part of the 'IAHRS' - which for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it is a bullshit attempt of creating a supposedly 'elite hair transplant doctor' association, founded by a man with no medical background, and hasn't even underwent hair restoration surgery himself . . just spouts a load of drivel on a weekly radio show because he evidently enjoys having a platform to listen to the sound of his own nauseating voice. 

I also feel it's very coincidental this video has been put up in such close proximity to the JT video, particularly when both CHI doctors have been included in it. 

Oh well, another day in the hair loss school yard. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Very much so. I felt like it was most likely to be a low key attack on CHI's pricing structure, and the fact that they aren't bothered by being a part of the 'IAHRS' - which for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it is a bullshit attempt of creating a supposedly 'elite hair transplant doctor' association, founded by a man with no medical background, and hasn't even underwent hair restoration surgery himself . . just spouts a load of drivel on a weekly radio show because he evidently enjoys having a platform to listen to the sound of his own nauseating voice. 

I also feel it's very coincidental this video has been put up in such close proximity to the JT video, particularly when both CHI doctors have been included in it. 

Konior was on the IAHRS for a number of years but left maybe 5-6 years ago.  It certainly has run it's course when I just looked at some of the names on their list.  A lot are good but I counted 7-8 very dubious surgeons, several whom were ejected from here for poor work/ethics.

Maybe JT should channel his energy into getting more subscribers than Mattdominance, who seems to get 20x the number of views.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

but I counted 7-8 very dubious surgeons,

Yes, it takes away any form of prestige or merit that association aspires to have. 

5 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Maybe JT should channel his energy into getting more subscribers than Mattdominance, who seems to get 20x the number of views.

He’s a dinosaur in a new era of the game. If your social media skills aren’t up to scratch, and you still think spending hours with an obnoxious charlatan on a radio show is a good way to reach out to people, you will be left well behind in the starting blocks, no matter how much knowledge you may have to offer. 

Are you a rep for Konior? I know you’ve had all your surgeries there, but you seem to know an awful lot about him, and I’ve noticed you seem to pop up on pretty much every thread whenever his name is mentioned - which suggests you may actively search for his name on the site? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

He’s a dinosaur in a new era of the game. If your social media skills aren’t up to scratch, and you still think spending hours with an obnoxious charlatan on a radio show is a good way to reach out to people, you will be left well behind in the starting blocks, no matter how much knowledge you may have to offer.

This is true.  When I look at TBT forum and IAHRS website it is still basically the same as it was 7 years ago.  It hasn't moved on.

29 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Are you a rep for Konior? I know you’ve had all your surgeries there, but you seem to know an awful lot about him, and I’ve noticed you seem to pop up on pretty much every thread whenever his name is mentioned - which suggests you may actively search for his name on the site?

Nope.  He's only had one to my knowledge, and that was Spanker.  He did it for a while as a hobby but his career took over and can no longer spare the time.

Konior doesn't really need one tbh as he replies to his own emails.

I get the odd private message on here from time to time (roughly one a week on average I guess) so will scroll through the posts to see what's happening.  Apart from that, maybe flick on for 5 minutes a day to see if there's anything I can add insight to.

Edited by 1978matt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

I didn't even watch the video, I created a series called Best Hair Transplants, where I would take good results from the forum and post them on YouTube. I still haven't watched the video you guys are bringing up and won't waste my time. I take offense to your comment of 'hair loss school yard' I have no intention in addressing any hair drama. That's not what I do, attacking a surgeon to promote another in my opinion is classless, so addressing such thing would be stooping to that level.

View my thread

I have watched the video of JT. Really odd...not only because of the clinics but also to show and rate patient results from this site in his show. I doubt that the patients have agreed to this.

BUT: The points he made about Nadimi are (besides the IAHRS topic) almost 1:1 also points which I raised before. And I still have some of this concerns. 

• Confused 1

• Administrators

Guys,

This is completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread. I'm creating a series on YouTube where I highlight results posted from the forum, regardless of the doctor or affiliation. Dr. Nadimi does not sponsor this forum, she has no affiliation, but a good result is a good result. I will post good results from Dr. Ferreira, no affiliation. If what is said is true, and this person considers themself an 'expert' but posts two pre-op photos as an after, than either A. They're not very competent, or B. They're intentionally misleading the audience. Neither is good. 

Please stop bringing up this video, it has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread. Again, this is a series i'm doing on YouTube where I highlight quality reviews and review details. I trust you guys will keep this thread on topic. 

How about you guys vote for reviews? Who should I review next? 

Onwards,

• Like 2

View my thread

51 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

How about you guys vote for reviews? Who should I review next? 

If the focus is on educating prospective patients about what to look for in patient posted reviews, in order to ascertain the reliability etc. - I think it would be beneficial to offer an alternative perspective and perhaps analyse some well documented reviews of results that haven’t turned out to be so favourable, and look at diagnosing why this can happen, and how to avoid. 

On an additional note, I’m sorry if offence was caused - but if you knew the content of the video in question, you would understand why peoples first reaction was as such. 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

If the focus is on educating prospective patients about what to look for in patient posted reviews, in order to ascertain the reliability etc. - I think it would be beneficial to offer an alternative perspective and perhaps analyse some well documented reviews of results that haven’t turned out to be so favourable, and look at diagnosing why this can happen, and how to avoid. 

On an additional note, I’m sorry if offence was caused - but if you knew the content of the video in question, you would understand why peoples first reaction was as such. 

That's a good idea analyze some cases that didn't turn out as expected. The only issue is I don't want to offend any user on the forum, I have a certain standard of ethics and morals that I won't compromise for the sake of content. No one wants to be painted in a negative light, but perhaps with permission or if someone volunteers I can definitely do that, i'm also open to suggestions on how to improve the content. I don't ever want to become a sensational channel. While I could quickly gain subscribers talking about famous people, that's cheap and tacky with no substance.  I would prefer to have content that is helpful and gives viewers guidance and equips them with tools to make an informed decision.

Lastly, my main message is to join this forum. I'm just one person, my comments, thoughts and opinions are my own, no one else's. But the beauty of this community is that there are variety of differing opinions and different perspectives, there is collective data and information. Hair transplants are about researching and collecting data, there's no better place to collect data than here in my opinion. 

As for addressing drama and digs, I see no purpose in ever doing such a thing. We have had former surgeons, shills, etc, criticize our community on multiple occasions, and even try and silence us through law suits. But we're still here, and we will stay here, not because of me, but because a community of voices are more powerful than one, that really gets under some marketers skin c'est la vie. 

View my thread

21 hours ago, Curious25 said:

I got interested in what you just said. That Spencer Kobren never had a hair transplant. Sure enough, it apparently is true according to this article and it goes a little more in depth too. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/2003/06/16/a-loss-cause/7a5b64b9-9139-481d-add0-aa4b067c22a1/

Personally i've listened to the show on YouTube and overall the stuff him and said seems to be the sort of good advice in terms of medication like Finasteride to help, doing your research to find the right surgeons but i find it hard to understand that a man so obsessed with his hair looking good that even states how he has to carefully style it had never ever even gotten a single transplant.  at least has some kind of baseline having been a patient of two botched FUT procedures and then actually working at the world renowned Hasson and Wong and with Rahal to show he has some experience in the field as a patient and consultant. Albeit, i think the other users posting above him not doing enough due diligence on the video for Nadimi vs Panin maybe isn't the best look for him. It's possibly human though and editing it for accuracy is better but it would also look like he got caught and hiding it depending on your PoV i guess. 

So keeping on the topic of this thread with that all above said, it genuinely feels like more than ever we always need to be doing our research to see what results are actually out there from the named doctors themselves. Somebody mentioned checking Instagram but i think we need to acknowledge that those are cherry picked results by the clinic. I genuinely hope a website like this though can be a true document and reflection of a clinic. 

In fact, there's many examples i feel where even recommended places are shown to have some results which fall short at times in some areas. 

• Like 2