Dr Sethi, Eugenix | Three Sittings (Mar 22, Oct 22 & Feb 24) | 11,166 Grafts (inc 3613 BHT)

Bandit90

On 8/28/2023 at 12:03 AM, Capelli21 said:

You mentioned apparent 'anagen desychronization' in the midscalp where lots of beard hairs were implanted...   is beard hair just known to be more susceptible to it than scalp donor is?

BTW, This is just an unimaginable result, especially considering where you started from, it's hard to even wrap the mind around.  And knowing that there's still time for the crown to get even better...  you must be speechlessly giddy every time you pass by a mirror 😀

Hi @Capelli21- Good question about 'anagen desychronization'- My understanding is that beard hairs have a much shorter cycle than scalp grafts so what @Bandit90may be experiencing is not necessarily anagen desych, but beard hairs going into a telogen phase and then again, of course, it could be anagen desych, but I don't think beard hairs are more susceptible to it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 10:19 PM, Grouse said:

@Bandit90 just wanted to say you look great here, this is a phenomenal outcome! Literally wouldn't appear to have hairloss to anyone you come across day to day. Incredible given your donor and starting point too.

Please keep us updated as your crown thickens. This is making me consider putting a deposit down for Dr. Sethi :)

Thank you! I will do an update next week, appreciate i'm a bit behind this month! 

On 8/26/2023 at 6:23 AM, Turkhair said:

Damn! What a transformation 

You must be ecstatic

Yeah over the moon, really had a positive impact across many aspects of my life. 

On 8/28/2023 at 5:03 AM, Capelli21 said:

You mentioned apparent 'anagen desychronization' in the midscalp where lots of beard hairs were implanted...   is beard hair just known to be more susceptible to it than scalp donor is?

BTW, This is just an unimaginable result, especially considering where you started from, it's hard to even wrap the mind around.  And knowing that there's still time for the crown to get even better...  you must be speechlessly giddy every time you pass by a mirror 😀

Thank you so much man! It still blows my mind to be able to have this hair. Although I must admit I think your result is probably up there as one the best i've ever seen.

I'm not too sure what it was with the beard hair on the mid-scalp (SLA makes a very good comment on the growth cycle), but now im a month on from when I originally posted this comment, I think what probably was the issue that I was noticing was that the beard hair had started to change texture and become less wiry, with it both now looking and feeling more like like a scalp hair. Reason I noticed was when I feel my crown which is 11 months post-transplant (with a lot of beard hair) it is much more wiry in texture, then compared with my mid-scalp which is 19 months post transplant, where the hair there feels much softer and relaxed. I do think i'll probably need a third sitting next year to nail down the density in the mid-scalp and crown. 

• Like 2

On 7/11/2023 at 7:56 AM, Bandit90 said:

Month 16 Update.

Now at month 9 for the crown.  Over the last month, I’ve noticed the beard hairs are beginning to blend in with the scalp. I met Dr Pradeep in London last month for a consult and he expects around 15-20% more hairs to pop through still (which I’m amazed at). As a Norwood 7, I have always had to have realistic expectations for the crown i.e. I’ll never have a real dense look, but if being honest it is surpassing my expectations. Plus 99% of the time I use the slick back style which now allows me to pull off a fullish-looking head of hair.

image.jpeg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Amazing work! 

• Thanks 1

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

8 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

Yeah over the moon, really had a positive impact across many aspects of my life. 

Thank you so much man! It still blows my mind to be able to have this hair. Although I must admit I think your result is probably up there as one the best i've ever seen.

I'm not too sure what it was with the beard hair on the mid-scalp (SLA makes a very good comment on the growth cycle), but now im a month on from when I originally posted this comment, I think what probably was the issue that I was noticing was that the beard hair had started to change texture and become less wiry, with it both now looking and feeling more like like a scalp hair. Reason I noticed was when I feel my crown which is 11 months post-transplant (with a lot of beard hair) it is much more wiry in texture, then compared with my mid-scalp which is 19 months post transplant, where the hair there feels much softer and relaxed. I do think i'll probably need a third sitting next year to nail down the density in the mid-scalp and crown. 

I think a 3rd sitting for you will put the nail in the coffin, and you'll be ready to become a hair model!

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

astonishing result

two questions:

1- are you on any medications? since all of the hair on scalp is now resistant to DHT

2- 2500 BHT are all from the beard? and could the surgeon have taken more from the beard? and how did it heal?

• Thanks 1

18 Month update

Well, it’s more of a 19 month update, but very pleased with how the crown is looking (which is at 12 months). Beard hair has started to blend in well with the crown hair. Though I’m really happy with the crown, I do think 700 grafts would really improve things here and seal the deal. I will probably do another procedure early next year, to finish things off. Also, the work to improve my temples on the second procedure has paid off too. Feels like I’m almost complete with the hair restoration journey,  hard to believe that just over 18 months ago I was a bona fide Norwood 7!  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 3
  • Well Done 2

• Administrators

@Bandit90

You’ve become a legend. The three horseman @Zoomster @Gatsby and you. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Bandit90

We value your feedback and are delighted to hear about your positive experience with us. Your words are greatly appreciated, our efforts have been successful in your case, and we couldn't be happier about that. We extend our best wishes to you as you continue on your path to improved health and well-being.

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2023 at 4:21 PM, Bandit90 said:

18 Month update

Well, it’s more of a 19 month update, but very pleased with how the crown is looking (which is at 12 months). Beard hair has started to blend in well with the crown hair. Though I’m really happy with the crown, I do think 700 grafts would really improve things here and seal the deal. I will probably do another procedure early next year, to finish things off. Also, the work to improve my temples on the second procedure has paid off too. Feels like I’m almost complete with the hair restoration journey,  hard to believe that just over 18 months ago I was a bona fide Norwood 7!  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Class this mate. That hairline/quiff looks so full and natural. incredible from where you started. 👏 

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2023 at 10:46 AM, Bert said:

astonishing result

two questions:

1- are you on any medications? since all of the hair on scalp is now resistant to DHT

2- 2500 BHT are all from the beard? and could the surgeon have taken more from the beard? and how did it heal?

Thanks man! Yeah, I take Finsateride. Yeah all 2500 BHT grafts came from the beard. Dr Pradeep recons he could still take 2k more beard grafts without changing the cosmetic appearance . If i'm willing to loose the beard who knows maybe another 3-4k (my beard is quite desnse). In terms of healing the beard completely healed in 3-4 days and the scarring is undetectable to the eye 

Edited by Bandit90

First of all can I say wow…. I looked at your new hair and thought you must have just had minor work done to increase density. But I checked your starting position on page one and can’t believe how bald you were, what a transformation you look so different 👍🏽

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Xanadu said:

Looks great, but as we know a car is perhaps the most thankful place to take pics for HT. Would be great to see your results in other lighting. 

Only took the pics in the car to highlight the work on the temples from the second procedure, as the front is well established. There is a video comb through which is on JT's youtube if you want a better look which i did a few months back. 

Edited by Bandit90

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Happy New Year!

Here is a picture of the crown at 14 months. Generally, I’m very happy with all to date, given that I was slick bald with a horse shoe pattern. That said, I’m heading back to Eugenix next month for one final pass, mainly to improve the density in the crown and hopefully seal the deal. I’ve always factored in three procedures to get to the desired end, given my level of baldness. In a true sense, I probably don’t need a final sitting, as I can slick back the hair and the full head of hair illusion is there. However, with some more scalp grafts in the crown area, I feel it will give me that flexibility to choose the hairstyle I want. All going well it this should be very much case closed for me!  

1.jpg

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 6