Bad hair transplant! Horrible experience

Jay00

1 hour ago, stephcurry30 said:

I'm sorry about your experience. I have heard bad things about Dr. Z but seems like his marketing tactics work to bring in new patients. I have a few questions:

1.) How many grafts was the surgery?

2.) have you contact the clinic about getting a full or partial refund? This would be the first step imo to at least get some compensation for the ruined grafts/donor area that you will never get back. 

Also, I a surprised Dr Diep or Dr Umar haven't been mention in this thread yet. Both have a large case of African American patients. Dr Diep's cases can be seen below. I heard he has a long wait list but the wait should be worth it. I have a surgery scheduled for 2023 with one of the top doctors in the US and would prefer to wait for the best/right doctor to converse my donor area rather then rush into something and feel unsure about it. 

His full library of surgeries can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/hairtransplantmd/videos

Dr Umar's website can be found here along with his youtube channel: https://dru.com/

https://www.youtube.com/c/DrSUmarH

And just as a F.Y.I. I am not associated with Dr Diep or Umar in any way or form. Just a fellow hair loss sufferer who has done extensive research over the past 4-5 years and noticed an array of African American patients that Dr Diep and Umar have worked on. 

I had 2800 graphs taken out. Also paid a crazy amount of money. 

8 minutes ago, Jay00 said:

Thank you so much. Yea I contacted the clinic, but you know the typical con artist, doctor acted shocked and made it seem like I did something wrong post surgery. I didn’t ask for a partial refund or refund yet. Doctor offered to repair, but hell no not again. Thank you for providing this information, I definitely heard about doctor Umar before. Will check out dr Diep. He seem to have excellent results 

This is the most unprofessional response I have ever heard. There is minimal things a patient can do to ruin their shock loss and donor area. I would request a partial refund and if they don't accept the offer I would just leave them be. I'm glad Melvin and other top reputable posters in this forum haven't allowed Dr Z to be included on this forum. 

7 minutes ago, Jay00 said:

I had 2800 graphs taken out. Also paid a crazy amount of money. 

Can you post photos of the graft placement immediately after surgery as well as right before surgery? 

From the photos you have provided their hairline doesn't even look like 2800 grafts were placed in the recipient area. 

So sorry you have had this kind of experience. For a repair I would look to Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Lapunzula, Dr Diep and Dr Feriduni. Take your time and get consultations with as many of them as possible. See what plan they have to give you a much better result.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jay00 said:

Yea one of the worst decisions in my life. I am so angry at this doctor, words can’t even describe how I feel. But for sure I will look into these two doctors and fix this ugly look :(

Have you reached out to him and let him know you’re u happy? Have they offered anything?

edit: nvm just saw your response. I agree, do not go back.

Edited by 5BetaReductase

In the coming days I will try to obtain consultations from Dr Bisanga & Dr Muwamba because most of you recommended these two names. I will keep you guys posted. Thank you for the support, I really needed this. Unfortunately failures like this seem to bring depression. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jay00 said:

In the coming days I will try to obtain consultations from Dr Bisanga & Dr Muwamba because most of you recommended these two names. I will keep you guys posted. Thank you for the support, I really needed this. Unfortunately failures like this seem to bring depression. 

Personally I believe they are the 2 best you could choose. 👌

Guy!

what’s the fastest way to get in contact with Dr Mwamba. I filled out the form on his website for contacting but still I haven’t heard from them yet. if anyone knows how to get in contact with Dr Mwamba the fastest way, please let me know 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Jay00 said:

Guy!

what’s the fastest way to get in contact with Dr Mwamba. I filled out the form on his website for contacting but still I haven’t heard from them yet. if anyone knows how to get in contact with Dr Mwamba the fastest way, please let me know 

Send a pm to @FUECLINIC there’s also a patient here who is in contact with the office I’m sure he can help as well @mustang

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Send a pm to @FUECLINIC there’s also a patient here who is in contact with the office I’m sure he can help as well @mustang

Hi @mustang, could you kindly confirm that you actually work for Dr Mwamba? You are Joshua Siebelink, the guy who literally replies from info@fueclinic.com, no?

There’s no question that your own thread is very educational, but a little transparency on why you promote Dr Mwamba so much would be appreciated.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, FITA said:

Hi @mustang, could you kindly confirm that you actually work for Dr Mwamba? You are Joshua Siebelink, the guy who literally replies from info@fueclinic.com, no?

There’s no question that your own thread is very educational, but a little transparency on why you promote Dr Mwamba so much would be appreciated.

Why the accusations? Anyway, this thread isn’t about this, if you feel you want something cleared up send a pm.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
On 3/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, Jay00 said:

Guy!

For what it's worth, it doesn't look that bad. If I saw you on the street I'd not really bat an eyelid at the back of your head. Just a bit patchy in places. Try not to feel to beat yourself up about it - it's never really as bad as you think it is, and you've got some good advice here to work from moving forward.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FITA said:

I do not work for Dr Mwamba. I do however share my repair story on here and try to help his practice with promoting the technique as I feel he deserves it and he was the only one that took on my case. I can also say I am fond of him as a person however we are not friends. I speak with him maybe twice or three times a year.

I have always tried to remain objective and have recommended several other doctors on here as well that I have had surgery with. The admins of the forum also asked me a while ago and I clarified the same. 

I am having surgery with Dr Mwamba again the 26th of April and I am paying for it like any other patient.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend speaking with Dr Cooley as I understand he is skilled in transplanting Afro hair

And @Berba11is right, it is not something terribly noticeable as a bad HT so don’t be so hard on yourself or anxious. 

the good news is this can be fixed in the hands of the right doctor👍

Damn. This was just a waste of perfectly good grafts. Sorry you went through this. Fortunately, there are plenty of great doctors available for repair cases - many of whom are mentioned above. Best of luck! 

On 2/26/2022 at 5:28 AM, Jay00 said:

Hello everyone,

so I had a FUE surgery last year which went horribly wrong. First of all, I am 28 years old I had full hair (a lot hair). My problem was the front, my hairline was not so great so I needed a little bit of fixing. After watching some YouTube videos and scrolling through instagram, I ended up choosing Dr Ziering (terrible mistake). I was very naive and went along with the surgery. Dr Ziering wasn’t present during the surgery and later I realized the assistants were all amateurs. Anyways, after the surgery not only I didn’t get the result I was expecting (fixing my hairline), I also lost alot of hair in the back of my head (donor area). This is really causing me depression and stress. Please if there’s a way to fix the donor area or a doctor who can help repair my hair, drop your comments down below. Thank you

8ADC170F-4045-4D80-88F3-2CD2E3899ED1.jpeg

E1C0BAD1-5C55-462C-8A27-BBD45696A2FC.jpeg

B0B46921-9D40-446D-9463-88259216BAA9.jpeg

9C8C667D-29B4-446E-BCCA-03F2F6A23A54.jpeg

1FDD3373-2555-489C-80E8-E1E0EE70133D.jpeg

I really feel with you brother. Is depressiv when a surgery do not go as planned. Afro hair is challenging so take your time to find a right clinic. Go and find real patients with afro hair on forums who have done surgery with a spesific doctor because i havent seen it yet. Dont depend to much on other opinions  on who is right doctor for afro hair. Find those patients for your self. Take time and good luck

48 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

I really feel with you brother. Is depressiv when a surgery do not go as planned. Afro hair is challenging so take your time to find a right clinic. Go and find real patients with afro hair on forums who have done surgery with a spesific doctor because i havent seen it yet. Dont depend to much on other opinions  on who is right doctor for afro hair. Find those patients for your self. Take time and good luck

Thank you bro. Also I was wondering, it’s been a year now since my surgery and I often get minor headaches. Is that normal or I shouldn’t be feeling nothing at all at this moment? 

6 hours ago, lovinitl9 said:

don't sweat it bud, can be repaired, but don't hesitate to bring down his reputation 

Yeah man. I’m trynna get an appointment with Dr Mwamba but things taking a little bit longer. Hopefully I’m able to fix this. I’m in deep depression because of this fake doctor (Zeiring)