Bill 2068 Grafts with Dr. Hasson and Photos - 4th Hair Transplant

Hello everyone,

My Hair Loss Blog has been updated with several before pictures (both with hair and shaved) and immediately after photos.

Be sure also to check out my Mr. T mohawk. I couldn't help being just a little goofy for the camera :-)

I had the pleasure of arriving in Vancouver 2 days early so I could spend a day with a friend who lives somewhat local to the area. See photos of my trip to Vancouver and Stanley Park on my blog. I also got to meet and speak with Dr. Hasson, Joe Tillman, Dr. Wong, and several other staff members the day before surgery. I also got to witness a portion of Dr. Hasson's strip harvesting procedure and closure technique the day after my own surgery and postoperative cleaning.

The day of surgery was a sinch, all but the pinches of the needles administering the local anesthetic - the usual worst part of the surgical procedure. I'm sure Dr. Hasson got a kick out of the several grunts of pain as the needles were being injected - however, he did follow up with several "sorry" and a forewarning that they would be the worst part of surgery (yep, I remembered)!

The day of surgery lasted about 9 hours and I was entertained by pleasant conversation and movies. Dr. Hasson and his dedicated staff were diligently working to ensure I get the best possible surgical outcome. Needless to say, their professionalism and expertise impressed me.

Now comes the second hardest part followed by the hardest part (the healing phase followed by the waiting phase).

Best wishes,

Bill

Friday night and I am already home...where else would I be after getting back to my place, but on the forums wishing Bill "Happy Healing"!!!!

I would give you all sorts of advice, but you definitely do not need it my friend. Congrats on your 4th procedure. And as always, I definitely look forward to following your progress. I love the shave down look and the beautiful bling on the back of your head, looks custom made!?!

Congrats again Bill!!

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

eheh, very nice Bill, just let me do you a question based on my sincere opinion, why did you went over another transplant? i think your hair was great, was it thining or anything like that?

Good healing, hope it all turns out as you diserve!

Bill,

That's a great recap and I do hope all your goals are attained - a thicker hairline, denser crown and minimal scar. As I went through your photos, a few things jumped to mind that I thought I'd 'ramble on' about.

- The hairline design is really solid. I mean, it truly does "fit" your face very well, so kudos to the H&W team (and you) for such good planning at the onset.

- I think you could pull off the shaved look! I was really impressed with how the shaved look left the hair "outline" to frame the face and then all you'd need is some FUE into the scar. It's certainly one option you have going forward.

- The scar placement definitely interested me as I've never heard of anyone keeping their staples in for 4-weeks before. I know how uncomfortable mine became at 12 days, so I can only imagine what it would be at 3x that level. Good luck and I'm really curious to see how this turns out!!

- Of the 2068 grafts, what would you estimate your break-down into zones? 50% in the hairline and the rest throughout?

Congratulations again and thanks for the great documentation (as usual).

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Guest wanthairs

Hi Bill----

Congrats on this new procedure.

One question....Your hairline appeared to be quite good and thick, even in all the outdoor shots you took. It seemed like your crown needed the grafts. Im curious as to why you filled in the forelock and left the crown?

Also, for how long before were you doing the scalp exercises? And how much time each day did you devote to them?

Looks great Bill! I was looking at your pre-ops and thought you hair looked great beforehand but it's going to look even better now!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

With your hair shaved before the surgery it looks like you have nice coverage. Best of luck with #4!!!! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Bill,

I also thought your hair looked real nice prior..Most guys would be very content with what you had pre-op. You should have some real nice hair when this is all said and done.

Heal well and good luck!!

Bill- your a VERY lucky man. i hope you know this.. congrats to you. i think your hair looks, and will look GREAT.....

some advice.... DONT TOUCH THE HAIRLINE ANY MORE YOU GREEDY S.O.B. IT LOOKS GREAT!icon_smile.gif

like M&M asked, what was the graft break down?? how many were up front and how many left for the crown?... thanks

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Looks great and Im sure the results will be spectacular .

Now you have to begin your research on the next clinic youll want to go to for fue. icon_smile.gif

Small refinement,scar camouflage , and a little crown work will be your next endeavor.

I guarantee it ,wanna bet?

Ive tested you ,researched you, analyzed you and have dissected you in multiple ways and you always come out clean.

Im happy for you and truly believe Pat could not have pick a better guy to help run his forum.

Congratulations on your latest transplant Bill!

I didn't realize that your scar was that big.

Will your scar be a bit thinner now that you were advised to keep the excision secured longer (4 weeks)?

take care...

Congrats Bill! You must be aiming for some crazy density - hair greed did you call it? icon_biggrin.gif

I don't think there is much doubt about the result of the procedure - it will be excellent. I am particularly interested in how your scar looks after this procedure. I know you will document in detail, as always.

Like some others suggested, it would be great if you could share your laxity exercise regimen with us.

Happy Healing Bud!

Tremendous, bro! icon_smile.gif The work is excellent, the trip report has been awesome, and your density is going to be bonkers!

Best of luck in battling those damn staples -- you have our support and sympathies! icon_smile.gif

EDIT -- One questions....in your observation of Hasson's donor harvesting and closure did you notice anything particularly unique? Or, maybe just extraordinary caution and care -- and time -- in taking the given strips? I'm almost positive Jotronic has mentioned H&W taking a truly laborious process and amount of time in their donor techniques.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I can't add much more than what the others already said, apart from the fact that your coat and pant (on the pics) are way too big for you. You may want to get a size or two smaller so your muscles are better defined icon_smile.gif

Good luck, and i hope you will be able to handle 4 weeks of staples. 2 weeks of stitches for me was already plenty.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

• Administrators

Bill,

My first reaction in seeing your shaved head was - "My God, I work with a skin head Nazi with a zipper in his head". The Mr. T Mohawak photos didn't help either.

Thank God I know you better than judge you by your appearance. Now get busy growing some hair you greedy devil and stop alarming the members of this community.

Four weeks with staples? If you were a Catholic you'd earn enough penance to skip purgatory and go straight to hair heaven.

Best wishes for a bumper crop Zipper Head. Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

After viewing my shaved photos, now you can clearly see why I opted to restore my hair and not simply shave down and go cue ball bald!

Of course, the Mohawk pictures were thrown in there for comic relief, but all and all, I'm really looking forward to growing my hair back - and an even thicker more refined head of hair at that.

For now, I guess I'm just going to have to look like a baseball head and minimize my public appearances :-).

For those who asked about graft dispursement, it was 50% in the frontal third and 50% in the forelock and vertex. Dr. Hasson's goal was to fill in the largest gaps and provide the most optimal density in thinning areas.

I just got out of my second shower today and have started the fun process of removing the scabs through diligent circular motions with my fingertips. They are starting to loosen and I expect they'll be gone in a few short days.

Thanks for your support!

Best wishes,

Bill