New finasteride hair gel with only 5% systemic absorption?

ryker94

Hi - first time poster. I wanted to see if anyone had experience or heard of Hasson & Wong's new finasteride topical gel (via XyonHealth)? I reached out to them about getting a hair transplant and one of their reps reached back explaining their evaluation of my pics/how many grafts i needed, but the most interesting part was when he suggested a new finasteride gel that they developed. 

I clicked on the link (https://www.xyonhealth.com/faq/) and read that only 5% of finasteride gets absorbed systemically. Apparently it's specifically designed to not have systemic effects... which sounds too good to be true. But I am interested in trying it out. My question is have any of you heard about it? tried it or ordered it? 

Thanks in advance mates!

Hi,

Yeah most of us have heard about it, it was actually announced formally on this site in an instagram live with the moderator of the forum, here is the thread for that below. You can read everyones comments and also watch the video itself.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So I stopped taking oral finesteride because me and the wifey are going to try and have another baby and our fertility Dr told me I should stop finesteride.

So, I've been really interested in taking topical finesteride, due to less/no side effects.   I reached out to Dr Mwamba to see if I can get a prescription for topical finesteride,   but he said I should sustain from oral and topical finesteride if I'm trying to have a baby.  

So.    That sucks.   Although Hasson & Wong's new finasteride topical gel sounds great....  Its probably better to stay away from finesteride if you plan on having babies in the near future.   

Edited by Etownone

14 hours ago, mariner_24 said:

I bought it but haven't started yet. I just don't think I can afford $99/month. Plus I had side on their topical finasteride they had out before this new solution.

Wow, really? So you had sides from their previous product?

Hmmm I am beginning to wonder if their "new" topical fin really can be better than the one you used (only 5% absorption as they claim).

I got very interested first, but then after reading your post, I get to wonder if I can really trust their "new" topical fin to be sides free (or close to it)? 

Yeah I guess I am just a tad hesitant. Dr. Hasson in his video did say the patients had really no sides but mine were bad before so I am hestiant just remembering what I went through and then just maintaining the 99/month, I think right now that is more of my hang up. I don't want to detour you. I want this to work for sure.

15 hours ago, mariner_24 said:

Yeah I guess I am just a tad hesitant. Dr. Hasson in his video did say the patients had really no sides but mine were bad before so I am hestiant just remembering what I went through and then just maintaining the 99/month, I think right now that is more of my hang up. I don't want to detour you. I want this to work for sure.

What kind of sides were you having?

41 minutes ago, Tiger2050 said:

I got my hands on it and have used it for a few days. The suggested dosage is 1 pump but I find I need to use at least 4-6 pumps to get full scalp coverage so it’s not very practical priced at $99/month. 

Nice, keep us posted @Tiger2050. I just ordered mine and plan to start with microdosing - applying MWF. Hoping to find out when the topical dutasteride will be out though..  

Just throwing it out there that I didn't have big sides when I was on oral fin - other than occasional ball ache. However, I stopped because I slowly developed an autoimmune condition three months after fin - doctors say its unrelated, but there are well-established studies confirming that androgen hormones have immunoregulatory functions - while other studies use DHT supplementation as adjunct therapies for certain autoimmune diseases. 

Although there's not direct study with finasteride proving causation of an autoimmune condition, I am going to proceed with this topical with caution :D 

22 minutes ago, mariner_24 said:

The sides I got were depression, I could not get an erection. Wasn't able to get my wife pregnant. It was miserable. It is so strange how some people can be just fine on it and then others its like it barely touches you and bam all these side effects.

Ok I am new so I am learning how to use the site. I was replying to GrowNewHair question asking about my sides from a previous topical finasteride I was using

On 1/12/2022 at 1:23 AM, mariner_24 said:

I bought it but haven't started yet. I just don't think I can afford $99/month. Plus I had side on their topical finasteride they had out before this new solution.

"Before this new solution"  was that the one they sold through Macdonalds pharmacy ?

22 hours ago, InTheSix said:

"Before this new solution"  was that the one they sold through Macdonalds pharmacy ?

To be fair, Hasson did address this during his interview with @Melvin- Moderator. Basically the first topical they sold was simply compounded finasteride and they found it giving their patients sides (although less than oral) still even with liposomes. Supposedly this formulation addresses those gaps for the "most" part in which they cant claim there's no side effects but they have none reported from their patients using it thus far. 

Mine just came in the mail and I'll start using it MWF to start. Nice interview btw, Melvin... no disrespect to Dr. Hasson but I did have to speed it up x2 to get through it all. 😅

1 hour ago, ryker94 said:

To be fair, Hasson did address this during his interview with @Melvin- Moderator. Basically the first topical they sold was simply compounded finasteride and they found it giving their patients sides (although less than oral) still even with liposomes. Supposedly this formulation addresses those gaps for the "most" part in which they cant claim there's no side effects but they have none reported from their patients using it thus far. 

Mine just came in the mail and I'll start using it MWF to start. Nice interview btw, Melvin... no disrespect to Dr. Hasson but I did have to speed it up x2 to get through it all. 😅

Yeah I saw that after I watched the video. I am thinking I might do 3 days a week to start and try that for a bit. 

3 hours ago, mariner_24 said:

Yeah

I checked with the clinic and they said both products are the same (macdonalds vs xyon). I would imagine at some point macdonalds started offering the "new" formulation, and thats how they have so many patients on it. I guess i may be one of those guinea pigs, without even realizing..lol... cant recall what i paid for my macdonalds bought topical though... but there sure was a longggg waiting list (4 months), which i am told Xyon will not suffer from..

8 hours ago, InTheSix said:

I checked with the clinic and they said both products are the same (macdonalds vs xyon). I would imagine at some point macdonalds started offering the "new" formulation, and thats how they have so many patients on it. I guess i may be one of those guinea pigs, without even realizing..lol... cant recall what i paid for my macdonalds bought topical though... but there sure was a longggg waiting list (4 months), which i am told Xyon will not suffer from..

Thanks for lettings us know @InTheSix. I went through Xyon and the turn around from submitting my request to getting it at my door was around two weeks. If you're using the new topical formulation already... do you currently have any sides?

• Administrators

Guys, 

I wanted to give a disclaimer. If any of you are trying to conceive do not use this topical gel until after you’ve conceived. Also, Dr. Hasson has offered a year supply free for patients who are Norwood 3v+ and haven’t been on any finasteride treatments in the last 6 months. The pre-requisite is you post your review on this forum and continually post each month with clear pictures of your scalp and problem areas. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

16 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys, 

I wanted to give a disclaimer. If any of you are trying to conceive do not use this topical gel until after you’ve conceived. Also, Dr. Hasson has offered a year supply free for patients who are Norwood 3v+ and haven’t been on any finasteride treatments in the last 6 months. The pre-requisite is you post your review on this forum and continually post each month with clear pictures of your scalp and problem areas. 

@Melvin- Moderator - That's a nice offer! Do you know how we can get that? I haven't taken fin in over two years. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, ryker94 said:

@Melvin- Moderator - That's a nice offer! Do you know how we can get that? I haven't taken fin in over two years. 

Send me a pm with your information and pictures. I will relay it to Dr. Hasson. Keep in mind, this offer will only stand for those who share each month with photos. If you meet the criteria Dr. Hasson will mail you the medication each month. But if you don’t post, the offer will be rescinded. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys, 

Any chance he'll do the same offer with the dutasteride formulation? Also I'm not 3v but Dr. Hasson mentioned that this formulation works just as well for the hairline didn't he? Seems like you shouldn't need crown loss to qualify based on that.

(Un)fortunately, I'm not losing in the crown so I don't qualify.