4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, botchedguy95 said:

It's amazing Melvin, did you consider SMP for the midpart and crown? The temporal peaks make a massive difference, are they all scalp grafts or body and beard as well?

I’ve considered smp, but having to get it every few years sounds like it’ll be expensive in the long run. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/6/2022 at 10:47 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ve considered smp, but having to get it every few years sounds like it’ll be expensive in the long run. 

For a density treatment you’d likely never need a touch up, or if you did, it would be maybe every 7-10 years at most. 

shaved head SMP requires touchups more often simply because most people don’t take protective measures with sunscreen and there’s no native hair to protect it. 

• Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 3:47 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think if you have hair to cover (as compared to someone with a clear bald-spot), I'd imagine that it fading from UV rays becomes less of a problem, no?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, EvoXOhio said:

For a density treatment you’d likely never need a touch up, or if you did, it would be maybe every 7-10 years at most. 

shaved head SMP requires touchups more often simply because most people don’t take protective measures with sunscreen and there’s no native hair to protect it. 

Really? My thoughts were that it fades completely after a year or two.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Really? My thoughts were that it fades completely after a year or two.

You’re probably thinking of trichopigmentation which in theory completes fades away in 2/3 years. I say in theory because I’ve heard horror stories with trichopigmentation. With regular SMP on a shaved head, I often see people on Reddit posting their results 5 years later. Some practitioners post long term results of their patients too. Density SMP will last even longer due to the hair protecting it from the sun. I’ve had mine for 1.5 years and it looks exactly the same as the day I got it. I likely won’t ever need a touch up assuming I don’t lose more hair. 

Edited by EvoXOhio
  • Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Fego said:

What is punch size used to extrect your beard grafts? 

0.8mm

View my thread

45 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

0.8mm

I am asking because the smaller punch the smaller scar. Pekiner use punch 0.6 mm for beard. 

Is eugenix use smaller punch for beard less than 0.8 mm

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Fego said:

I am asking because the smaller punch the smaller scar. Pekiner use punch 0.6 mm for beard. 

Is eugenix use smaller punch for beard less than 0.8 mm

The smaller punch, the lower survival rate. Beard hairs are thick. 0.6mm sounds too small to extract without transecting the hairs and affecting the growth.

View my thread

Did you get all of the 1.600 beard grafts in the crown? Or did you get scalp grafts there too (and if, how much?)
As far as I remember, you mentioned that you can't even tell any lack of density in the beard? How long did it take until the redness in the beard area disappeared?

I am VERY pleased with the EUGENIX work and intend to go there for a density make over in the scalp...
Unfortunately I am not sure how much my scalp donor has left to give (after >5.000 Grafts in 2 surgeries, thin hair) so I most probably have to concentrate on beard grafts...

PS: sorry if you have already posted this information, but this thread is reeeeaaaaaallllyyy long ;)

On 10/10/2022 at 11:00 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

The smaller punch, the lower survival rate. Beard hairs are thick. 0.6mm sounds too small to extract without transecting the hairs and affecting the growth.

How are the beard grafts growing compared to your scalp hair? Do you see or feel a difference?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
9 hours ago, Murat-kz said:

Hello Melvin. I am goimg to go to Eugenix to Dr Arika Bansal. But you did HT with Dr Sethi rigth? Dr Arika Bansal did not participate?

She did all of my beard extractions.

View my thread

• Administrators
On 10/16/2022 at 11:09 AM, botchedguy95 said:

How are the beard grafts growing compared to your scalp hair? Do you see or feel a difference?

No difference at all. It depends on your beard hair and scalp hair characteristics. If you have a straight beard and straight hair, then you won't notice a difference, if you have curly hair and a curly beard, then you won't notice a difference. If you have straight hair and a curly beard, then probably don't want to use too much beard hair because you will notice a difference. 

• Like 1

View my thread

I was wondering something. If your plan was (and it appears as though it is in your case) to have shorter sides / temples, wouldn't beard hair be IDEAL for that? 

Edited by kiwidan
opps

-------------------------------------
700 graphs is never enough! 

Collection of useful links (profiles etc): https://bit.ly/3JC2xwS

On 10/16/2022 at 8:09 PM, botchedguy95 said:

There is a difference in regards to how long they are in the anagen/telogen phases with beard hair being less in the visible phase than scalp hairs. As such beard hairs will usually not be able to be as dense. This is made up for a bit by beard hairs usually being a bit thicker.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kiwidan said:

I was wondering something. If your plan was (and it appears as though it is in your case) to have shorter sides / temples, wouldn't beard hair be IDEAL for that? 

Beard hair is a big NONO in the temples. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

10 year challenge 27 vs. 37 

People can say what they want to, but hair matters. 

782CD447-B4D5-422F-80CD-40F8AAB25F9C.jpeg

• Like 18

View my thread

Damn well better believe it Melvin! Worth every blood, sweat, tear, and dollar ever spend! You turned back time and look younger than your 27 year old photo. I know it wasn't always the easiest road for you, but man o man was it worth it! You look incredible bro!

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, MazAB said:

Damn well better believe it Melvin! Worth every blood, sweat, tear, and dollar ever spend! You turned back time and look younger than your 27 year old photo. I know it wasn't always the easiest road for you, but man o man was it worth it! You look incredible bro!

Thanks bro, I owe it all to this community.

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Totally agree … looks great

Maybe an idea to create a picture thread on this to see the difference ht’s have made to peoples looks/age

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Man, the hair is looking phenomenal in that picture. 

Yeah, hair does matter, but also getting help from the right doctors and having the right attributes and making the right choices in the end i think is a huge part of how you go from the left picture to the right. 

Y'know, one thing now that you have posted that picture, i want to ask had you been able to tolerate Finasteride and use without any major issues etc. Do you think it may have put you in a similar place by helping you retain the hair you had at 27?

• Like 1