Is hair transplantation possible for me? If yes, I’m in dilemma to choose medispa or eugenix exclusive package. (NW6)

I am 26 and having baldness issues from the age of 20. I have started trimming my hair from 2019. I decided to undergo hair transplant now and started growing my hair from two months. I have did some minimal research about HT procedure and clinics too. I am unable to choose between combination HT performed by Dr. Suneeth soni and Fue+bht at eugenix. I feel my back do not strip is receding and also apprehensive about having scar there. At the same time combination surgery yield is more cover large area.

I am also not sure about graft requirement and I believe I’m in NW6. Could some one suggest and guide on this.

6FB581FC-CBB2-401C-91F0-84D1BD2325B2.jpeg

BD3C6291-394A-4C38-BB91-FD3B78AB7853.jpeg

5471A5F0-F297-4DE7-B837-D012269DAFB0.jpeg

4D3E53C6-640E-4127-9AE7-D6CC47B6BF0C.jpeg

239BE388-EC10-4441-A8C9-268E05633294.jpeg

BAA8F3E5-E979-4FAB-A866-41BABF6D34DF.jpeg

Dude I’m sorry but it’s going to be a real struggle to get any kind of decent coverage. Your In the highest Norwood range already 6/7. 
Looking at your donor area shows its thinning and maybe you have some retrograde Alopecia also. With a poor and maybe unreliable donor area then personally I don’t think you will be deemed a suitable candidate for a hair transplant. 
Yes you have a pretty awesome beard, but this is best used to supplement scalp hair and not provide the bulk of the grafts needed. Alternatives maybe a hair system or SMP. Or even a partial hair system. 
By all means consult with both Eugenix and Medispa and see what they say. I’m guessing you never tried Fin/Minox ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry my friend but there seems to be very little hope. You progressing to a NW 7 in just a few years shows very aggressive loss. The donor doesn't seem strong enough to give any decent coverage. Plus you've retrograde alopecia as well. Beard hairs are only used as fillers and not the primary source as donor. My suggestion would be to go full shaved and rock the bald look since you have a good beard or else try a hair system if it bothers you. Do consult with the clinics though. All the very best. :)

• Administrators

If i'm being honest, I personally don't think a hair transplant would be a good option. You're 26 with clear signs of Norwood 7 loss. Your donor appears sparse, and I don't believe you will achieve a result that is aesthetically pleasing. You may be able to get the hairline transplanted and then use a hair system for everything else. But remember doing nothing is never a bad option.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have contacted medispa and they have replied me that they can do a combination surgery for me. They have also said that I should not expect full coverage since donor is weak. They only promised me to give average frontal and mid scalp hair. 

I am waiting for eugenix to reply my pictures and then will be deciding. I am pretty much exhausted with hair loss problems and also habituated to be in trimmed look. I just want to try something than just being idle. I am thinking that mino+fin can help my existing hair in top scalp and crown. All I want is to try for one last time.

Proceed with extreme caution, it’s highly likely your donor area will look over harvested. And if you happen to go for a combo ht involving FUT then it may become difficult to cover the linear scar. Doing nothing is sometimes the best option.

Just imagine not also having a over harvested area but a noticeable FUT scar, it’s a very likely scenario. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

To be honest you are 26. You have to imagine how you will be at 46. I honestly believe that your scalp is better off being left uncut. In only 6 years that is very aggressive MPB. The miniaturization of the rest of your hair will still continue. Would you consider a hair piece or shaving your head/SMP?

• Like 1

@JC71 I contacted medispa through what’s app and the representative got back to me conveying the response. They said that 4000 grafts can be harvested from scalp and beard. I would rule of the strip now. I will update the thread with eugenix response. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sai said:

@JC71 I contacted medispa through what’s app and the representative got back to me conveying the response. They said that 4000 grafts can be harvested from scalp and beard. I would rule of the strip now. I will update the thread with eugenix response. 

To be honest, 4,000 is no where near enough. You need more like 12k. Your lateral humps are receding, you don’t wanna have an island of hair. Shaving or smp would be better options.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 hours ago, Sai said:

What Melvin says, I dont really know why Medispa is trying to get you into surgery, its difficult to understand. You will need like 12,000 grafts for decent coverage and they say they can harvest 4000, you need 3 times that ATLEAST.

Do you want scars on your head and not being able to fill everything? I would not recommend doing this, you have a great head for shaving down, its not to big plus you have awesome beard. I think you should just shave and keep your beard long.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2

Yeah, I think you're out of luck. 

That said, didn't we see an old thread where Eugenix did 10k+ beard grafts, like a few thousand body hair grafts, and then some normal hair for hairline?  

If anyone can do something, probably only Eugenix, and you do seem to have good beard donor.

But all that said, probably best not having a HT.  Still, doesn't hurt to contact them.

Check out my journey here:

You're Norwood 7 based on the fact that your lateral humps are pretty much gone, the crown dips pretty low and even the nape hair is going. Also your sides look super thin as well. Seems like the only place you're not losing hair is the 2-3 inch permanent safe zone.

Not a good candidate. I don't think there's a lot going for you

• Like 1

To be honest my friend, there is very little that can be done in your case, unfortunately. It's obviously not what you want to hear after reading about HT's and getting your hopes up in your mind that you can have your hair back, but it's the truth. As others have pointed out, you're heading/pretty much already at a NW7 with a poor donor supply that looks like it could provide a few thousand grafts maximum (and you easily need over 10,000 realistically imo), and even then, I wouldn't be surprised at all if these thinned out in the very near future.

The key thing, however, is that you're 26, and I don't mean that you're young and it's going to get worse (although this is very important and very true). My point is that, yeah ok you could have 'something' done as medispa have suggested, but whatever the result will be isn't going to be complimentary to the aesthetic look of a 26 year old, or even a 36 year old for that matter. On the contrary, it's going to make you look way older and draw way more attention to the fact that you're severely balding than just shaving ever would.

I think that's the option for you, shaving, or a hair system if that's something you would consider.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 4:05 PM, JC71 said:

Proceed with extreme caution, it’s highly likely your donor area will look over harvested. And if you happen to go for a combo ht involving FUT then it may become difficult to cover the linear scar. Doing nothing is sometimes the best option.

Just imagine not also having a over harvested area but a noticeable FUT scar, it’s a very likely scenario. 

Well said @JC71. I'd also add that hair cloning will hopefully become a viable option for all that are out of options for a HT. Eugenix is doing some work in this very area, and it could be something you try and educate yourself on in the preliminary stages of R&D. 

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 4:35 PM, Gatsby said:

To be honest you are 26. You have to imagine how you will be at 46. I honestly believe that your scalp is better off being left uncut. In only 6 years that is very aggressive MPB. The miniaturization of the rest of your hair will still continue. Would you consider a hair piece or shaving your head/SMP?

I think he's pretty much lost all the hair he can lose, he's already Norwood 7.

Now, the question is what would a transplant try to accomplish? Maybe give him some hair up front he can combine with some smp to at least have a hairline, that's the best he can hope for. 

That still might be better than being slick bald like he is now, if he combines beard grafts as well it could be ok. 

On 11/21/2021 at 7:50 AM, JDEE0 said:

To be honest my friend, there is very little that can be done in your case, unfortunately. It's obviously not what you want to hear after reading about HT's and getting your hopes up in your mind that you can have your hair back, but it's the truth. As others have pointed out, you're heading/pretty much already at a NW7 with a poor donor supply that looks like it could provide a few thousand grafts maximum (and you easily need over 10,000 realistically imo), and even then, I wouldn't be surprised at all if these thinned out in the very near future.

The key thing, however, is that you're 26, and I don't mean that you're young and it's going to get worse (although this is very important and very true). My point is that, yeah ok you could have 'something' done as medispa have suggested, but whatever the result will be isn't going to be complimentary to the aesthetic look of a 26 year old, or even a 36 year old for that matter. On the contrary, it's going to make you look way older and draw way more attention to the fact that you're severely balding than just shaving ever would.

I think that's the option for you, shaving, or a hair system if that's something you would consider.

Very sensible advice but, if he were to go with SMP and combine hair with beard grafts to at least get a hairline, and then continue to shave his head, I think that could be a good combination for him (if done in the right hands of an elite surgeon). 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, asterix0 said:

I think he's pretty much lost all the hair he can lose, he's already Norwood 7.

Now, the question is what would a transplant try to accomplish? Maybe give him some hair up front he can combine with some smp to at least have a hairline, that's the best he can hope for. 

That still might be better than being slick bald like he is now, if he combines beard grafts as well it could be ok. 

Actually, he’s got a long way to go in terms of donor loss. 

Here’s Joe Polito in his late 20s early 30s
image.jpeg

Here is in his 60s

image.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Actually, he’s got a long way to go in terms of donor loss. 

Here’s Joe Polito in his late 20s early 30s

Here is in his 60s

Yikes I guess you're right Melvin, I have only seen two cases in real life of someone with a crown and sides that far dipped back and receded, it is just so rare I forgot about it.

Looking at OP though perhaps the top of his sides may dip more, but it looks like the crown has dipped as far back as it can go. 

This is a NW7 -- not NW6. Donor is going to get worse I think at just 26 -- the hair on your neck is receding up your neck and the donor has little to begin with. If you're going to go the transplant route, I'd suggest just focusing on the front. I'd wear a hair piece perhaps in the middle portion post transplant -- or, as others suggested, just shave it off. It'll look 1000x better shaved.

Edited by Z--

• Moderators
20 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Yikes I guess you're right Melvin, I have only seen two cases in real life of someone with a crown and sides that far dipped back and receded, it is just so rare I forgot about it.

I've seen 3 just in my own family. There are a lot more out there than you think. Most of them just shave their heads these days, so you don't know it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

image.jpeg

This is basically what I would look like if I didn't have any hair transplants, although I think my side hair is a little bit lower and much thinner than his looks in the picture. Unfortunately I have multiple FUT scars from transplants years ago when I had higher and thicker donor hair. Now it's costing a fortune to try to use whatever body hair I can to cover everything. Someone who looks like this guy is going to need 10,000+ body hair grafts (if possible) plus 1000 to 2000 scalp grafts to get anything close to decent coverage.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.