400 grafts by Dr. Vikram Jayaprakash. Poor results?

James

Just now, Gasthoerer said:

I was looking at you initial pics! On this particular pic it looks (! not saying you do !) like you try to make it look worse, by parting the hair in the affected area. 

Anyway, I am still holding on to my assessment that the main issue is the design. The other issues are critical as well, but easier to fix. 

I get what you're saying, but this what my hair looked like everytime I took my work hat off and it bothered me heavily. As for the design, I have always had a feminine looking hairline.blur.background.squareblur.blurphoto_20211010185346208.thumb.jpg.7e66be53754a9318296e0bd1064ce27a.jpg The tiny corner in the right is the only thing he touched and it has always had this look. He might have went a tiny lower than it was naturally but to me it's not as big of an issue as everything else. Thank you though, I like to see everyones perspectives on my situation.

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

It’s really sad that such a large country such as Australia doesn’t have any good options. Even worse than the Uk, and we are only a small country 😬

It’s large in size, but population wise they are less than half than us in the UK. 

56 minutes ago, James said:

I get what you're saying, but this what my hair looked like everytime I took my work hat off and it bothered me heavily. As for the design, I have always had a feminine looking hairline.blur.background.squareblur.blurphoto_20211010185346208.thumb.jpg.7e66be53754a9318296e0bd1064ce27a.jpg The tiny corner in the right is the only thing he touched and it has always had this look. He might have went a tiny lower than it was naturally but to me it's not as big of an issue as everything else. Thank you though, I like to see everyones perspectives on my situation.

Is that your current hairline now ? Or before surgery? Or before onset of hair loss? 

17 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

It’s large in size, but population wise they are less than half than us in the UK. 

I’m well aware of that, its just a shame their is no decent option in Oz. We have a few in the Uk but I wouldn’t say they are the worlds best. 

• Like 1

6 months is too early to start trashing the doctor.  From my own experience the hair is still wiry and slightly unnatural looking at this stage and needs time to 'mature'.

The outdoor photo doesn't look too bad so far.  Indoor, under lights, is always going to look the worst.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Regardless of the final outcome, the approach of this Dr is unethical, operating somebody at 22 whose hairline has barely started to recede. Does not sound like the Dr educated you on the subject either.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 1978matt said:

6 months is too early to start trashing the doctor.  From my own experience the hair is still wiry and slightly unnatural looking at this stage and needs time to 'mature'.

The outdoor photo doesn't look too bad so far.  Indoor, under lights, is always going to look the worst.

It's still see through and it's not getting and thicker, plus the doubles and triples on the hairline

• Administrators
12 hours ago, James said:

Probably a better show of what I was dealing with before surgery. Definitely not a "maturing hairline"

blur.background.squareblur.blurphoto_20211010184043168.jpg

blur.background.squareblur.blurphoto_20211010184111655.jpg

To be honest, it’s 6 months still early, and it looks like you’ve spread the hair apart. 

Guys,

Let’s be very careful before trashing surgeons calling them scammers. This is not what our forum is about, personally I don’t know this surgeon or his skill, but let’s be respectful. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

And as people might have said we are our own worst critics. To me your hair doesn't look that unnatural or that you had a transplant, not at least from pics.  Not sure if people who are close you notice that..

If its not that bad I would say do not rush into corrective procedure so quickly and wait for some time. It will give you a better idea of any possible progression of your hair loss and maybe a different perspective from now. Extremely localized transplant is not great idea in early 20s unless you are sure that you do not have progressive MPB in your genes.  Personally I feel its better to ward off procedures to later years if possible.   

3 hours ago, TEXAN35 said:

And as people might have said we are our own worst critics. To me your hair doesn't look that unnatural or that you had a transplant, not at least from pics.  Not sure if people who are close you notice that..

If its not that bad I would say do not rush into corrective procedure so quickly and wait for some time. It will give you a better idea of any possible progression of your hair loss and maybe a different perspective from now. Extremely localized transplant is not great idea in early 20s unless you are sure that you do not have progressive MPB in your genes.  Personally I feel its better to ward off procedures to later years if possible.   

I don't actually think it look that unnatural at all, despite all the multi grafts. More of an issue of me walking around with a super noticable thin patch that I have to constantly hide.blur.background.squareblur.blurphoto_202110108217982.jpg.0c40e7b65fcf823f957a7521daeed86f.thumb.jpg.63fdd18842e99be58dc25ebc3dd50b2b.jpgblur.background.squareblur.blurphoto_202110108245990.jpg.68adc4a96de627d6097367098ee94d43.thumb.jpg.7e1e80a41e3b1c802df9c48a2c5d95d4.jpg

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

To be honest, it’s 6 months still early, and it looks like you’ve spread the hair apart. 

Guys,

Let’s be very careful before trashing surgeons calling them scammers. This is not what our forum is about, personally I don’t know this surgeon or his skill, but let’s be respectful. 

This photo was pre-surgery.

Listen, there's good and bad news.

Bad news, it's poorly done.  A bad job.  What'd done is done though.

Good news?  Very easy fix.  A good surgeon will fix this and you'll look great.  Nothing to worry about.  The only part that sucks is having to travel and have another surgery.  

Best of luck to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators
10 hours ago, James said:

I don't actually think it look that unnatural at all, despite all the multi grafts. More of an issue of me walking around with a super noticable thin patch that I have to constantly hide.blur.background.squareblur.blurphoto_202110108217982.jpg.0c40e7b65fcf823f957a7521daeed86f.thumb.jpg.63fdd18842e99be58dc25ebc3dd50b2b.jpgblur.background.squareblur.blurphoto_202110108245990.jpg.68adc4a96de627d6097367098ee94d43.thumb.jpg.7e1e80a41e3b1c802df9c48a2c5d95d4.jpg

You were never a good candidate, and that was the doctors error for performing surgery. Don’t take this the wrong way, but it has to be said. You may have a case of body dysmorphia. I don’t believe any reasonable person would look at these photos and see anything other than a guy with a ton of hair. High expectations + poor counseling= disappointment.

I’ll say this, you don’t need surgery, and more surgery isn’t gonna make you happier. I could definitely see you getting another surgery and then vehemently complain about the appearance of your donor, or how it looks when it’s wet. Hair transplants are not perfect. If no surgeons gonna tell you, I’ll say it. Don’t get surgery, we have nothing to gain by telling you the truth here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You were never a good candidate, and that was the doctors error for performing surgery. Don’t take this the wrong way, but it has to be said. You may have a case of body dysmorphia. I don’t believe any reasonable person would look at these photos and see anything other than a guy with a ton of hair. High expectations + poor counseling= disappointment.

I’ll say this, you don’t need surgery, and more surgery isn’t gonna make you happier. I could definitely see you getting another surgery and then vehemently complain about the appearance of your donor, or how it looks when it’s wet. Hair transplants are not perfect. If no surgeons gonna tell you, I’ll say it. Don’t get surgery, we have nothing to gain by telling you the truth here. 

Regardless of it I was a good candidate or not I can't leave it the way it is now.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, James said:

Regardless of it I was a good candidate or not I can't leave it the way it is now.

Yes you can and you should. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with how your hair looks. Nobody is even noticing I guarantee it. 

View my thread

39 minutes ago, James said:

The issue with getting a transplant this young is that future hairloss is (more than likely) a certainty. So you'll lose hair behind the transplanted hairs, which will leave you with a bad appearance. 

Ultimately, you'll likely need to get another transplant in 5-10 years. If you maintain a strong donor area, you'll be able to do it with moderate success. That is, as long as you're not headed towards a NW7, which opens up a whole set of new problems. Yikes!

All that said, the damage is done and you're on the transplant lifelong journey. If I was you, I wouldn't leave it as is, I would get it repaired by a top surgeon like H&W. Schedule it for 6 months away (12 months post-op). Travel options should be better for you by then. I agree that Canada is much easier to travel to/through than India. be sure to discuss the long term, multiple transplants plan.

• Thanks 1