My Live Consultation with Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal September 19th

• Administrators

As some of you may know, I have decided to go to Eugenix for my fourth hair transplant procedure, hopefully my last one for the foreseeable future. I wanted to make this as interactive as possible, so you guys can get an idea on what questions you should ask for the consultation. Here's my list I would love if you guys would add to the list.

1. Who will be operating on me the day of the surgery, what will the technicians do vs. the physicians.

2. Can you provide me with some examples of cases similar to mine.

3. Can you connect me to some past patients to speak too. 

4. What will the clinic do in the event, the results aren't satisfactory. 

I would love it if you guys joined me this September 19th at 9am pacific time, 12pm eastern time , and 5 pm UK time. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

What do you estimate my remaining scalp and BHT donor capacities to be? 

What are my hair characteristics? 

Can you show me results of what to expect of you using a similar graft quote in the same area, on a patient with the same hair type as mine? 

What do you predict my final pattern of loss to be ? 

Do you believe I would benefit aesthetically from having any other areas of my recipient touched up Simultaneously?

Would it be easier for You, therefore increasing my chances of a better result if I were to fully shave the recipient and donor for surgery? 

I don’t take hairloss medication however have a seemingly evident pattern of NW6 already established  . . Does this implicate on your decisions and overall plan when coming up with my design, and extracting and implanting? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

As some of you may know, I have decided to go to Eugenix for my fourth hair transplant procedure, hopefully my last one for the foreseeable future. I wanted to make this as interactive as possible, so you guys can get an idea on what questions you should ask for the consultation. Here's my list I would love if you guys would add to the list.

1. Who will be operating on me the day of the surgery, what will the technicians do vs. the physicians.

2. Can you provide me with some examples of cases similar to mine.

3. Can you connect me to some past patients to speak too. 

4. What will the clinic do in the event, the results aren't satisfactory. 

I would love it if you guys joined me this September 19th at 9am pacific time, 12pm eastern time , and 5 pm UK time. 

Really looking forward to this ..👍

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Curious25 said:

What do you estimate my remaining scalp and BHT donor capacities to be? 

What are my hair characteristics? 

Can you show me results of what to expect of you using a similar graft quote in the same area, on a patient with the same hair type as mine? 

What do you predict my final pattern of loss to be ? 

Do you believe I would benefit aesthetically from having any other areas of my recipient touched up Simultaneously?

Would it be easier for You, therefore increasing my chances of a better result if I were to fully shave the recipient and donor for surgery? 

I don’t take hairloss medication however have a seemingly evident pattern of NW6 already established  . . Does this implicate on your decisions and overall plan when coming up with my design, and extracting and implanting? 

I take hair loss medication, just not finasteride. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I take hair loss medication, just not finasteride. 

I don’t take a 5 alpha reductase inhibiting medication, however have a seemingly evident pattern of NW6 already established  . . Does this implicate on your decisions and overall plan when coming up with my design, and extracting and implanting?

🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, david2708 said:

As to physician involvement, their premium package state a maximum involvement of 300-400 grafts implantation. Perhaps less!

This indicates to me they charge a premium for a surgeon to only do 20% of the implant  procedure if you take 3000 grafts as an example.

In the Exclusive Package:

Exclusive Package

Cost of Rs. 120/graft* plus tax
Planning, designing and 100% slits will be done by Dr Arika Bansal.

This implies that in the top package, Bansal will still do all the incisions (the important part) but will also do a few hundred actual implantations. This is true for most clinics... the incisions are made by the doctor and the implantation is performed by techs. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, david2708 said:

As to physician involvement, their premium package state a maximum involvement of 300-400 grafts implantation. Perhaps less!

This indicates to me they charge a premium for a surgeon to only do 20% of the implant  procedure if you take 3000 grafts as an example.

Dr. Arika Bansal will be Designing the hairline and also do the Hairline implantation. (Maximum up to 300 to 400 grafts).

100% Extraction will be done by Dr. Arika Bansal

Dr. Arika Bansal will lead the surgery and will be in charge of the Supervision of graft placement assisted by our expertly

trained and experienced senior technicians.

Why would I pay a premium for what reads like limited Dr involvement.

For the same price, there are other clinics that have surgeons do pretty much all the implanting.

99% of surgeons do 0% of the implantation. The surgeon creates the channels and the technicians place the grafts, this is an industry standard. 

• Like 1

View my thread

1 minute ago, david2708 said:

From what I have read HLC in Ankara  use doctors for the implantation.

No, they use stick and place. So the doctor makes the incision while the tech does the implantation. 

Start around 2:45

@Melvin- Moderator

Can we also add, after the transplant if it requires for someone to go for 2nd transplant, let's say for the crown area or temples, to cover them up properly,

how soon after the 1st transplant can they go for 2nd one?

1st sitting ~4500-5000 grafts (FUT+FUE+chest), 1st June 2021, India

2nd sitting, FUE ~2850 grafts implanted for crown(primary concern), March 2023

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

99% of surgeons do 0% of the implantation. The surgeon creates the channels and the technicians place the grafts, this is an industry standard. 

Doctor Pekiner is perhaps part of that 1% who performs the entire procedure alone. The doctor performs incisions and grafts with the "stick and place" technique.  This means that the graft is inserted into the skin immediately after the incision is made.  He personally takes care of every phase of the transplant (extractions, incisions and grafts).  The technicians only deal with secondary tasks such as collecting and reordering the extracted grafts.

Thanks for doing this Melvin.

I would ask:

- what is the plan if you were to get to NW7, are they going to keep enough reserve for lateral hump and side areas

- if you use beard area are you not going to be able to take fin/dut even in the future? let's say you change your mind and want to give fin another shot or topical fin/dut become safe alternatives.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/17/2021 at 9:46 AM, SLA said:

Hi @Melvin- Moderator- How can we join? Instagram?

Yes Instagram 

View my thread

• Administrators

Alright guys that’s a lot of questions, best way to get all of them answered is to join. It’s almost gonna start in an hours and a half.

View my thread

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, deadman said:

@Melvin- Moderator

I am sorry I missed it I guess, is it recorded?

Where is the insta link?

It hasn’t happened yet, it starts in 40 minutes. You can go on either my page @thehairtransplantnetwork or @eugenixhairsciences on IG and see it.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

View my thread

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, SLA said:

Great consultation...you are in optimal hands, Melvin!

I feel very safe and excited, I know they will do their absolute best.

• Like 1

View my thread