SMP in FUE

On 8/4/2021 at 6:12 PM, TorontoMan said:

Probably been asked plenty of times, but does anyone know where I could look at results for smp in fue scars. I’d love to see if that’s a good option 

@TorontoMan if I recall correctly you got a really good hair transplant result didn't you? care to share pics of the fue scars that are bothering you?

1 hour ago, SadMan2021 said:

@TorontoMan if I recall correctly you got a really good hair transplant result didn't you? care to share pics of the fue scars that are bothering you?

If I’m being honest I’m inquiring for a buddy who isn’t very happy about his donor, and in all honesty he didn’t start with a very dense donor either. And thank you for your kind comment, for myself I don’t think anyone at this point could tell unless they really focused, but If it is a popular option, it would be something I would consider too 

2 hours ago, Pephair said:

The best results I've seen are at https://www.newportsmp.com/results. But some people on this forum think they edit their results or use concealer.

I've asked one of their "nurses" if it's only SMP on their before/afters and they said yes... so 🤷‍♂️

Wow yeah thank you for this link. These guys are serious 

2 hours ago, JP28 said:

https://www.scalpmicrosd.com/ go on their IG they have some examples of smp on fue scars like this one  https://www.instagram.com/p/CMxfO46nEJ5/?utm_medium=copy_link

Wow crazy… I personally think this is an insanely good option. If down the line in the future I continue to lose this will def be skemtning I’ll consider 

8 hours ago, JP28 said:

https://www.scalpmicrosd.com/ go on their IG they have some examples of smp on fue scars like this one  https://www.instagram.com/p/CMxfO46nEJ5/?utm_medium=copy_link

s it just me or does it look weird with smp on recepeint area? Have considered it before but get a little put out when I see those pictures there

The donor area with SMP looks great, especially covering up FUE/FUT scars, it's a perfect option.

For the recipient area, I'm torn. I think it shows well in photos, but in real life I'm wondering if it's as unnoticeable. I plan on getting SMP to add density to longer hair in about 6 months after my scalp has healed from my HT.

I'm just imagining sitting in a car, plane, bus, or chair and a friend is behind you (typically a few feet). They will naturally be around eye level to the back of your head and glance. Will the little dots catch their eye? 

Unfortunately, this is my minor anxiety with it. 

Thanks for sharing.  I'm glad there is a good option to hide those obvious FUT scars. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

John AC 

On 8/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, JohnAC71 said:

@hairthereCould you please post any SMP in to FUE scars pics you may have done ? Thanks 🙏 

9DF32857-274A-46E9-AE66-606867BAB694.jpeg

709BFA22-CEF6-47C7-AA33-44FC190BB559.jpeg

C2E6F5EB-CE8C-4B24-BB3C-3DA078946925.jpeg

2F7EC384-68B3-4EC8-B25C-5D91D48C0946.jpeg

Edited by hairthere
  • Like 3

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• Administrators

Definite improvement, but like HTs not perfect. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Definite improvement, but like HTs not perfect. 

Unfortunately many of the clients I work on are under the impression they can shave their heads without the FUEs being noticeable. Sometimes that is the case but often it's not. Lately I've been seeing an uptick in cases where the extractions are grouped so tightly that it creates a very noticeable mass of scarring. It's truly sad that they are being duped by medical doctors. 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• Administrators
2 hours ago, hairthere said:

Unfortunately many of the clients I work on are under the impression they can shave their heads without the FUEs being noticeable. Sometimes that is the case but often it's not. Lately I've been seeing an uptick in cases where the extractions are grouped so tightly that it creates a very noticeable mass of scarring. It's truly sad that they are being duped by medical doctors. 

That’s why I always say, if you plan on shaving DO NOT get surgery. Just shave your head why waste time and money.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2021 at 11:51 AM, SLA said:

Hi @hairthere- Would you agree that FUE scars are easier to hide than FUT scars with Micro/Tricopigmentation? Appreciate your insight! 

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm just seeing this.

Not always because I see such a wide range in quality of FUT and FUE scars. Sometimes this range is due to poor surgical performance/planning on the doctor's part, other times its bad patient physiology. What I try to impress upon anyone considering a transplant is that you will have some level of visible scarring if you plan on shaving your donor areas short. If you are going for FUE make sure the doctor knows what he is doing. I'm seeing a lot of clients where the extractions are grouped too close together and they form a definitive shape. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, TorontoMan said:

Probably been asked plenty of times, but does anyone know where I could look at results for smp in fue scars. I’d love to see if that’s a good option 

image.png.16a9e2ebe2c871fa23dbd67e9a8d13ff.png

This is 2 sessions on FUE scars, 1 session remaining to blend and perfect.

2image.png.a70598763c44bc1c975626dda6cedaa3.png

Redness subsides in 24-48 hours

Edited by EnhancedScalp
  • Like 1