Eugenix, NW3 5200 + grafts / MazAB's 2nd procedure on 10/8/2022 by Dr Pradeep Sethi

MazAB

• Valued Contributor

Looking good @MazAB. No different to anyone else who chooses to shave their head. Donor cosmosis looks excellent! As too do the temple points even at four weeks! Looking forward to your further updates! It's great to see you setting an example for current/future hair transplant patients on how to push through the social arena post op. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Donor looks amazing. 

Have you contacted the Dr’s RE. the lingering scab? 

@Curious25 Dr Pradeep has been in touch weekly to check in on my progress and ensure that the larger scab is receding. He believes that all is well with my healing and that the scab will have no adverse effects on the final result.

• Like 3

Just now, MazAB said:

@Curious25 Dr Pradeep has been in touch weekly to check in on my progress and ensure that the larger scab is receding. He believes that all is well with my healing and that the scab will have no adverse effects on the final result.

Glad to hear ! 

• Like 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, MazAB said:

1 month update: 

Hi guys, hard to believe it's been a month already, but after shedding a bunch, I'm starting to feel the ugly duckling in me surface☹️! With some social events this weekend, I decided to shave down. Hairs were growing in every direction with mismatched lengths. I was extremely careful, but did shave down with a 0.5 spacer today. It was as close as it gets without taking the spacers out all together. I was light as a feather applying zero pressure with the razor to my scalp and it all worked out thank God.

Redness hasn't changed much, and all but one of the scabs remain but it is improving daily. It was a true test for the donor area today, as I have not seen it shaved this close, but was very happy with the healing and the meticulous donor management by Eugenix.   I'm keeping up with my daily routine, and now that I'm at week 4, I've started up again with minoxidil, and have also added LLLT into the mix as well.

Toughest months lie ahead...

~ Maz

left profile.jpg

right profile.jpg

Back donor.jpg

Front down.jpg

Frontal.jpg

Your donor looks absolutely pristine, one of the cleanest donors I’ve seen wow looks untouched.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your donor looks absolutely pristine, one of the cleanest donors I’ve seen wow looks untouched.

Thanks Melvin! I know that donor management was one of the biggest check boxes for you choosing Eugenix. You have chosen very wisely, they will knock the ball out of the park with you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tressful11 said:

Donor looks so good. Does anyone happen to know what punch size does Eugenix use?

Punch size will vary based on the diameter of hair and if they are extracting single, double, or triple hair grafts. I had mostly doubles and triples and I believe they used 0.8mm on some, and 0.9 on others, but I'm not entirely sure. 

Thanks so much for the support @tressful11!

On 10/2/2021 at 3:01 AM, Gatsby said:

Looking good @MazAB. No different to anyone else who chooses to shave their head. Donor cosmosis looks excellent! As too do the temple points even at four weeks! Looking forward to your further updates! It's great to see you setting an example for current/future hair transplant patients on how to push through the social arena post op. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks @Gatsby! Can't say I'm feeling great leaving the house, but I do know it is temporary, Would anyone know at what month it would be safe to apply hair fibres? I'm considering growing my hair out this time around and start applying those. Also, JT did a review on Hairatin hair fibres and he swears by them and how realistic it looks even in the sun and at close distances. It's about triple the price Toppik, but I may still give it shot.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MazAB said:

Thanks @Gatsby! Can't say I'm feeling great leaving the house, but I do know it is temporary, Would anyone know at what month it would be safe to apply hair fibres? I'm considering growing my hair out this time around and start applying those. Also, JT did a review on Hairatin hair fibres and he swears by them and how realistic it looks even in the sun and at close distances. It's about triple the price Toppik, but I may still give it shot.

I’d always advise to speak to your own surgeon with regards to post op do’s and don’ts - as every clinic differs with their own advice. 

Personally, I wouldn’t - however there’s many that do, and many surgeons that don’t seem to mind it so much after the 1 month mark or so. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 7:33 PM, MazAB said:

I just ordered Hairatin, will let you know my thoughts once tried out!

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 10/3/2021 at 11:10 AM, MazAB said:

Thanks Melvin! I know that donor management was one of the biggest check boxes for you choosing Eugenix. You have chosen very wisely, they will knock the ball out of the park with you!

Whats your skin routine man, you look easily 35 years old. I was legitimately shocked to learn you’re almost 50. Once your hair grows in you’ll be 25 haha

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What's your skin routine man, you look easily 35 years old. I was legitimately shocked to learn you’re almost 50. Once your hair grows in you’ll be 25 haha

@Melvin- Moderator HAHA, thanks Melvin! I wrote more in-depth on my daily regimen in my earlier posts, but to sum it up, I've been taking Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, D3, and MSM since my late 30's. Out of the massive amounts of supplements I take, I believe those ones have help me the most with my hair, skin, muscles, tendons, and joints. At the most basic level, good sleep and reduced sun exposure is a must. Beyond that, incorporating a good plant based diet, HIIT exercise, cold therapy, sauna therapy, as well as intermittent fasting, all contribute quite a bit to the daily anti-aging battle as well.

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, MazAB said:

@Melvin- Moderator HAHA, thanks Melvin! I wrote more in-depth on my daily regimen in my earlier posts, but to sum it up, I've been taking Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, D3, and MSM since my late 30's. Out of the massive amounts of supplements I take, I believe those ones have help me the most with my hair, skin, muscles, tendons, and joints. At the most basic level, good sleep and reduced sun exposure is a must. Beyond that, incorporating a good plant based diet, HIIT exercise, cold therapy, sauna therapy, as well as intermittent fasting, all contribute quite a bit to the daily anti-aging battle as well.

Any particular brands? I need to be better about not going out in the sun. I used to never wear sunblock. Big mistake. 

View my thread

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Any particular brands? I need to be better about not going out in the sun. I used to never wear sunblock. Big mistake. 

@Melvin- Moderatorhere are the links to the brands I take:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KG7EDU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076FH7639/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OUPXE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GB85JR4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Daily Dosages:

Collagen - 12 grams

Hyaluronic Acid - 250 mg

MSM - 2 grams - Make sure to take this one earlier in the day as it WILL effect sleep.

D3 - 5000 IU

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In case you hadn't seen it, @MazABwas featured in a Eugenix video having an insightful conversation with Dr. Arika on holistic health as well as the role of finasteride maintaining his hair.

Well done and educational!

• Like 2

Thanks @SLA! Eugenix read my thread on HRN prior to my trip and asked if I'd be will to do a series of video shoots while I was out there. I was very happy to do it when they asked me, and figured it was the least thing I could do after all the hospitality they showed me. Even if it only helps a few people take a different approach that combining a healthy lifestyle with Finasteride could pave the way for not just keeping your hair for a lifetime, but also achieving life extension along with it. 

Good Lifestyle Management leads to good Healthspan. Good Healthspan leads to good Hairspan😉!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

@MazAB thank you for not not only sharing your journey but also your health regimen. Damn I can't believe you're almost 50! You look so good man! I would've said mid-30s! I'd be happy if I looked half as good as you when I'm your age.

Your HT looks really good. The revised hairline is perfect and I'm glad Eugenix helped you to get the best possible result.

Looking forward for your future updates! I know this one will be a slam dunk.

• Like 3

2 month update:

Sorry for the delay in posting. It was a crazy week at work. The pictures were taken back on the 31st, so just at the 2 month mark. Not much to report on, other than I’ve been out and about busy instead of hibernating during my ugly phase due to unavoidable family and business commitments. Interestingly enough though, no one has really noticed much, or if they do, they’re not really saying much😉 Only had 3 guys speak up in my circle, and all 3 were men that are thinning and/or bald, and all 3 were VERY interested in learning the whole process of hair transplantation, HAHA!

Now that I’m into month 3, I’ve started back up with Sauna Therapy as well. The extreme heat could be dangerous for the new grafts in the first 4 to 6 weeks, along with the sweat and bacteria in a sauna, so I didn’t want to bring it back into the fold until the majority of the healing was behind me. The main reasons why I use the sauna is the incredible health benefits you get when you activate heat shock proteins in the body. Along with that though, sauna is amazing for the hair and skin as well. It increases blood flow to the skin and scalp allowing for more absorption and delivery of essential nutrients, and boosts the body’s natural ability to produce more collagen. Not sure if it’ll help promote early growth for me, but since it is part of my daily routine anyways, I’m hoping for that added benefit. One thing to note with frequent sauna use is that you have to properly condition your hair, otherwise it can dry it out and cause breakage/split ends if you don’t thoroughly condition either before or after a sauna visit.  

The shedding stopped at around week 6. Since I’ve been going out quite a bit, I’ve been shaving my head down which has helped make the ugly duck phase less distinguishable. As of recent, I’ve been shaving it down to 0 with a very light touch and that look has been holding up for the most part. Even down to a zero, my friends and family that know I had a hair transplant can’t spot anything wrong or odd with my donor area. The recipient looks a little red still, but because the hair is cut so short, unless under close examination, no one really notices the spotty growth factor. Depending on improvements, I will be trying to grow it out at some point, just not sure if it’s this month or next.

One benefit to shaving your head is that there is nothing to look at as far as progress goes which has gotten me to put away the mirror and forget that I had a hair transplant as I’m not tracking the progress day to day at the void of having much of a visual. However, in the pictures I took Sunday, my hair was grown out a little more which has actually helped me to spot new growth 😁. Not sure when that growth started, but obviously limited to very minimal gains at month 2. I included a macro shot where you can see a few very small hairs pushing their way thru. Regardless of the amount, it’s highly encouraging and a sigh of relief to see the beginnings of new growth and to know that the most important part of process has officially begun!

Best to all,

~Maz20211107_095522.thumb.jpg.8ee8ab52a74dcda399761c36012c064c.jpg

20211106_101521.jpg

20211107_004850.jpg

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1