Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - Over 9,000 grafts - 24th & 25th of May 2021

2 hours ago, Etownone said:

Yeah... I thought it was a bit much too.  

They are 5mg tablets.   I take 2 a day.  

So far, so good.    No sides effects to complain of.   I can always drop it down to 5mg a day. 

Thanks bro !

12 hours ago, omarca said:

Hi Etownone! I uave read that minox oral has can cause heart issues! Whats your opinion about it ? Really want to start oral min but iam a bit scared! Thanks mate

Correct. Stay away. The heart damage is cumulative that is it adds up as you grow older and your heart isn’t getting renewed and I think there was a study where they showed even if you don’t feel anything, the heart rate/tachycardia happens. You can search yourself, minoxidil is too toxic and dropped from practice for heart conditions only used as a last resort.

As a topical, it’s somewhat OK but still I can’t imagine the damage it could be doing from the amount being absorbed. But to take it orally? 😳

I find it insane people are using it orally so much these days. Heart disease is number one killer

Edited by Euphoria
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Euphoria said:

Correct. Stay away. The heart damage is cumulative that is it adds up as you grow older and your heart isn’t getting renewed and I think there was a study where they showed even if you don’t feel anything, the heart rate/tachycardia happens. You can search yourself, minoxidil is too toxic and dropped from practice for heart conditions only used as a last resort.

As a topical, it’s somewhat OK but still I can’t imagine the damage it could be doing from the amount being absorbed. But to take it orally? 😳

I find it insane people are using it orally so much these days. Heart disease is number one killer

Stay away from oral minoxidil? 

My cousin takes it prescribed by his Dr for high blood pressure at a much higher dose.    The dosage ranges from 2.5 - 80mg a day.   

There are risks taking finesteride, dutasteride and minoxidil...  It's up to the person to do their research, talk to their Dr, outweigh the pros and cons, and then make their own decision.    

I know I stopped both minoxidil and finesteride for almost a year and had a HUGE setback.  That's why I'm so thankful I found Dr Mwamba for a repair job to get me back on track. 

So I'm taking my chances, while getting bloodwork every 6 months and checking my blood pressure.    

5 hours ago, Etownone said:

Stay away from oral minoxidil? 

My cousin takes it prescribed by his Dr for high blood pressure at a much higher dose.    The dosage ranges from 2.5 - 80mg a day.   

There are risks taking finesteride, dutasteride and minoxidil...  It's up to the person to do their research, talk to their Dr, outweigh the pros and cons, and then make their own decision.    

I know I stopped both minoxidil and finesteride for almost a year and had a HUGE setback.  That's why I'm so thankful I found Dr Mwamba for a repair job to get me back on track. 

So I'm taking my chances, while getting bloodwork every 6 months and checking my blood pressure.    

Check this

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3191000/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7203570/

that’s for topical which has less absorption systemically and considered much safer. Orally the effects are much worse. Check Kevin manns video on it

I am not saying stop it topically but I wouldn’t take it orally. Especially when there’s no special benefit to taking it orally but the side effects are guaranteed.

as for finasteride, it is a much safer drug people taking it for decades. The side effects are much more noticeable since they are sexual and you block sex hormone but with low doses, its much better. Ashton Kutcher took dutasteride for a decade, stopped, has kids etc. 

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed video

1 hour ago, Euphoria said:

Check this

that’s for topical which has less absorption systemically and considered much safer. Orally the effects are much worse. Check Kevin manns video on it

I am not saying stop it topically but I wouldn’t take it orally. Especially when there’s no special benefit to taking it orally but the side effects are guaranteed.

as for finasteride, it is a much safer drug people taking it for decades. The side effects are much more noticeable since they are sexual and you block sex hormone but with low doses, its much better. Ashton Kutcher took dutasteride for a decade, stopped, has kids etc. 

You’ve provided a study from 34 years ago, a study on rats, and a video from a YouTuber. 

Keep your fear mongering to yourself rather than derail a great thread. 

Edited by Curious25
Spelling
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

You’ve provided a study from 34 years ago, a study on rats, and a video from a YouTuber. 

Keep your fear mongering to yourself rather than detail a great thread. 

Clearly you’re unaware of the drug history and how drugs get made and brought to the market.

If there’s some fault with the study(s), point them out. But you obviously can’t 😂 We both know your level of knowledge here.

Anyway, I thought the person was naive and didn’t know the dangerous toxicity of the drug but clearly they could care less and so this discussion has reached its conclusion I believe 

4 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

Clearly you’re unaware of the drug history and how drugs get made and brought to the market.

If there’s some fault with the study(s), point them out. But you obviously can’t 😂 We both know your level of knowledge here.

Anyway, I thought the person was naive and didn’t know the dangerous toxicity of the drug but clearly they could care less and so this discussion has reached its conclusion I believe 

I’m not going to bother with the studies - first of all if there were serious cardiac concerns about the topical, cited from a study in 1988 . . I doubt that we would have seen rogaine on our shelves from that time period. 

Second of all, rats. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Euphoria said:

Check this

This is fear mongering, the same thing that same YouTuber proclaims is done with finasteride. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Guys,

If you want to discuss oral minoxidil, create a separate thread. This thread is about @captaincalico and his incredible results and journey. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 4/26/2022 at 2:32 PM, Hairtroubles said:

Fair - is there any hope of a transplant without taking fin or min, at all?

You should look at Eran case with Dr Bicer, he was Nw6 and never took Fin, his hair look great now.

16 hours ago, SoSoz said:

You should look at Eran case with Dr Bicer, he was Nw6 and never took Fin, his hair look great now.

I saw his post, definitely am a fan of it, however, he was a NW6... the risk I have is to continue to lose hair you know?

But yes, his is exceptional

What is the point of not taking medication or preventives measures when you are a Norwood 5A because you had a transplant?

A NW5a needs on average 7.000-8.000 grafts to achieve coverage. If you progress to a Norwood 7 you need 12.000 grafts which very few people have as donor and it's quite expensive.

Not to mention DUPA and thinning your donor which will thin your recipient grafts.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, londonhairlossvictim said:

How long have you been using it for now?
Did you use it before your FUE also or only after you had your FUE?

The guys from FUECLINIC.COM told me:
"Once a week, 2ml (full pipette) for 4 weeks

After this, if no sides, you can increase to twice a week or even EOD if you want"

Hello is full pipette equal 2ml or 4ml? It's not very clear .. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, here is an update on the third planned surgery with Dr Mwamba and third Mesotherapy PRP treatment. This time we added 1.200 grafts to the entire frontal third of my scalp. I decided to shave as my crown is starting to see growth,  and I wanted to match it with the front. After shaving and inspecting the hairline with a proscope I was surprised to see that we had almost 98% of regrowth and survival which I think is quite high for FUE (I was expecting between 90%-95%). Surgery was easier than last time as we used less grafts so it was shorter time in the chair, also recovery was super fast! and my donor area is looking great. I am hoping to update you guys on a monthly basis once regrowth begins, it should look super thick hopefully

E66C8F67-2A8E-4EFD-969E-0013ED4F2AB4.jpeg

4231E750-663F-41E3-BC52-4BBF289EAC53.jpeg

CED1C65C-D034-4A08-B81C-38F0F8E4614C.jpeg

E53B6745-86DA-4FA3-A03A-EDD542D06AE3.jpeg

55B0FB57-B49C-4D31-88AC-D5DDE150022E.jpeg

947E3767-5B19-46B1-AE9B-798E3C2F75A1.jpeg

1365ED88-FD10-478E-A54A-93E934429093.jpeg

Edited by captaincalico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I’ve shed a fair bit this time around …. But it is already growing back… I really want to give you all an update video…. Which I will soon ! I just want what was shocked to come back a little First 

• Like 2

• Administrators
12 hours ago, captaincalico said:

Unfortunately I’ve shed a fair bit this time around …. But it is already growing back… I really want to give you all an update video…. Which I will soon ! I just want what was shocked to come back a little First 

It’s gonna take some time, but it’s good to show the full journey. So people who are experiencing shock loss could see it comes back. 

• Like 3

View my thread

On 3/28/2022 at 10:39 PM, captaincalico said:

Getting thicker by the day ! To say I’m happy is an understatement … also anyone else having issues when posting a picture ? Mine keep posting sideways !

780CAB43-9B73-4DC2-8F8A-0C30E1FBF2C5.jpeg

you use any conceiler here?

what is the distance of hairline from top of eyebrows?

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 7:46 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s gonna take some time, but it’s good to show the full journey. So people who are experiencing shock loss could see it comes back. 

I will be doing an update at the end of June I think ! Thanks for the mention on your interview with Dr Mwamba! Was an interesting watch 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...