Minoxidil max with azaleic acid

• Administrators

I’m gonna be given this a shot. Have you guys used minoxidil max? I found the azaleic acid was a great topical DHT blocker when it was in lipogaine.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm on this... about 4-5 days/week. Started taking it a month after my transplant.

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/maxogen-x-topical-finasteride-8-minoxidil-retinoic-acid

So far so good, I guess. I'm just under the 6 month mark of my transplant and my growth is pretty good. Can't claim this product has anything to do with the HT success, tho.

Worth mentioning, they now have a topical dutasteride solution.

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/product/topical-dutasteride

Edited by MachoVato

Yeah have been using it for about 2 months, but I alternate it with rogaine foam, plus oral min.. so hard for me to gauge how effective it is. 

it has an interesting scent and does clump my hair when I apply it.. but like any min I imagine. I know @mustang shat on the company for being a cheap provider. I’m personally not sure how to test their quality, but their customer service and delivery is good 

B1C6EFB8-FBE3-4356-B0BB-EE14EEA3F9FF.jpeg

• Administrators
23 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Tbh I didn't even know this was a thing... I'm curious now though...
What separates this from the normal minoxidil? Is it FDA approved? How much is it..?

Minoxidil and azaleic acid work well, it used to be in lipogaine but for some reason the FDA doesn’t approve it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Yeah have been using it for about 2 months, but I alternate it with rogaine foam, plus oral min.. so hard for me to gauge how effective it is. 

it has an interesting scent and does clump my hair when I apply it.. but like any min I imagine. I know @mustang shat on the company for being a cheap provider. I’m personally not sure how to test their quality, but their customer service and delivery is good 

B1C6EFB8-FBE3-4356-B0BB-EE14EEA3F9FF.jpeg

Does it make your hair look greasy? I’m trying to avoid that. 

View my thread

20 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Does it make your hair look greasy? I’m trying to avoid that. 

let me get back to you tmr lol, I'll apply it tonight and tell you exactly how my hair feels on it. 

On 5/2/2021 at 1:09 PM, deeznuts said:

Is minoxidilmax good? I heard it was just low quality crap from a Chinese lab?

I never got a warm-n-fuzzy from the website. Looks like a warehouse/basement operation with a polished webpage front. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some shady sourcing from China. Even if your initial orders gets pulled from some 'good batches,' I'd have quality control concerns over the long term. And then there's giving them your information to place the order, wouldn't be comfortable with how they are storing your credit card information and how easily they could be hacked.

This is their About Page, pretty vague and short.

image.thumb.png.8bc0776634f6701daf7c6d7a87cc7398.png  

And no phone number on the contact page, just some address in Canada that they don't specifically say is their HQ or branch etc location. Something tells me that's to make it easy to wiggle out of someone other than the lottery commission trying to track them down.

image.thumb.png.9e7285bcb09a1eeffde780f25d9f92c5.png

I ran that address through google maps and not too surprised to see there's no reference to their business, just some office building. 

image.thumb.png.72c1021634cf04410048bbc2b4dba522.png

@ciaus @Melvin-Moderator But they are an online retailer after all, how important would it be for them to have a big location? I'm with you that I'm not sure entirely how much to trust this company, however, it appears as though its doing well in terms of volume. I wonder if there is a way we could get their products tested? 

Melvin the liquid retional min leaves my hair a beat greasy and clumped, its not something i could put on and leave my house with it on (which I'm sure isn't recommended to do regardless), so when I do apply it I aim to have it in for 2-3 hours and then wash it out before I go to bed. I will be looking into trying kirkland brand liquid min as its much cheaper and likely just as effective and if not more trustworthy. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions for sourcing minoxidil?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

@ciaus @Melvin-Moderator But they are an online retailer after all, how important would it be for them to have a big location? I'm with you that I'm not sure entirely how much to trust this company, however, it appears as though its doing well in terms of volume. I wonder if there is a way we could get their products tested? 

Melvin the liquid retional min leaves my hair a beat greasy and clumped, its not something i could put on and leave my house with it on (which I'm sure isn't recommended to do regardless), so when I do apply it I aim to have it in for 2-3 hours and then wash it out before I go to bed. I will be looking into trying kirkland brand liquid min as its much cheaper and likely just as effective and if not more trustworthy. 

Ok thanks for letting me know, that’s a damn shame. I wanted something I could leave in. I’m also interested in something that dries quickly and isn’t greasy. 

View my thread

• Administrators

@TorontoMan I got it without PG, doed yours have PG?

View my thread

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Yeah with PG. I would recommend purchasing one and taking up their free product offer. Maybe try both, with PG and without?

I’m thinking the PG is what makes your hair greasy, had the same issue with lipogaine.

View my thread

19 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

I will be looking into trying kirkland brand liquid min as its much cheaper and likely just as effective and if not more trustworthy. 

There are alot of 'resellers' of the Kirkland brand out there, can never be sure they are storing it correctly or if someone is trying to do any dilution to maximize their profits. The only place I'd feel secure getting Kirkland Minox is directly from Costco. If you don't have any Costcos in your area Amazon has their own brand you can get through the mail. 6 pack for $30 here:

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Care-Minoxidil-Solution-Treatment/dp/B074M6JNML/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=minoxidil&qid=1620150307&sr=8-9

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 1:09 PM, deeznuts said:

Is minoxidilmax good? I heard it was just low quality crap from a Chinese lab?

Pretty much everything we buy now comes from China.

Max is a legit site, they've been around for over a decade.

I am going to try their fast-dry MX next, because I hate the way regular Rogaine makes my hair so greasy: https://www.minoxidilmax.com/dualgen-5-fast-dry

16 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Well the thing with them being a retailer is that they are not a manufacturer but rather a reseller. Amazon is full of stuff like this where a reseller sources their crap from AliExpress or China, marks it up 5x and then lists it. If I'm just going to buy stuff from China, I rather not pay it to a reseller with a 5x markup you know? And who are they buying their stuff from? Is it just some dude on AliExpress advertising his lab? Buy 1000 units and get it for 0.5 cents each? 

12 hours ago, Westview said:

Pretty much everything we buy now comes from China.

Max is a legit site, they've been around for over a decade.

I am going to try their fast-dry MX next, because I hate the way regular Rogaine makes my hair so greasy: https://www.minoxidilmax.com/dualgen-5-fast-dry

True. China can offer some really great value as well for higher end stuff. For example, SuitSupply manufactures their stuff in China and that's a company where you might pay over 1k for a suit and you would be getting good value for what you pay. Not like the workers in China is somehow incapable of quality stitching or labor. The real issue is regulation, quality control and various processes that ensure the quality of the product. A company like Apple can ensure that a quality product is delivered. The difference here is MM doesn't necessarily give me confidence that it isn't a reseller basement op sourcing it from an unknown Chinese lab whereas with SuitSupply I know if I drop 1 grand on a suit that I'm going to look great for whatever event I need to go to. 

17 hours ago, ciaus said:

I never got a warm-n-fuzzy from the website. Looks like a warehouse/basement operation with a polished webpage front. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some shady sourcing from China. Even if your initial orders gets pulled from some 'good batches,' I'd have quality control concerns over the long term. And then there's giving them your information to place the order, wouldn't be comfortable with how they are storing your credit card information and how easily they could be hacked.

This is their About Page, pretty vague and short.

image.thumb.png.8bc0776634f6701daf7c6d7a87cc7398.png  

And no phone number on the contact page, just some address in Canada that they don't specifically say is their HQ or branch etc location. Something tells me that's to make it easy to wiggle out of someone other than the lottery commission trying to track them down.

image.thumb.png.9e7285bcb09a1eeffde780f25d9f92c5.png

I ran that address through google maps and not too surprised to see there's no reference to their business, just some office building. 

image.thumb.png.72c1021634cf04410048bbc2b4dba522.png

I looked into it as well since Toronto is my home turf. 380 Commerce valley doesn't even exist. The mariott is 300 and the street turns into Beaver Valley right after. Even weirder is that they now list some address in the US and some address in Europe now. The website is a bit slow, so it may be possible they're not paying for expensive hosting. Super sketchy. And parts of their website like the privacy policy are copy pasted word for word. The copyright at the bottom seems like it's just put there for show. I'll bet my my frontal third that this is an operation of less than 10 guys, sourcing stuff from China, and then reselling it through an online storefront. No guarantee that they're bad and they've been in business for a while but they're clearly not an organized operation and I don't know if I believe that they have 3 offices in 3 different countries. That's bullshit. If they're a multinational company, they could deliver a better website than one with awful margins/CSS, slow loading speed, typos, copy pasted privacy notices and a copyright that doesn't even list the year. I wouldn't call their website polished either. 

They misspelled Popular as well. It's definitely a reseller basement operation. 

image.png.72f969294e213a687eafc257554b794f.png

image.png

Edited by deeznuts
  • Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Well the thing with them being a retailer is that they are not a manufacturer but rather a reseller. Amazon is full of stuff like this where a reseller sources their crap from AliExpress or China, marks it up 5x and then lists it. If I'm just going to buy stuff from China, I rather not pay it to a reseller with a 5x markup you know? And who are they buying their stuff from? Is it just some dude on AliExpress advertising his lab? Buy 1000 units and get it for 0.5 cents each? 

True. China can offer some really great value as well for higher end stuff. For example, SuitSupply manufactures their stuff in China and that's a company where you might pay over 1k for a suit and you would be getting good value for what you pay. Not like the workers in China is somehow incapable of quality stitching or labor. The real issue is regulation, quality control and various processes that ensure the quality of the product. A company like Apple can ensure that a quality product is delivered. The difference here is MM doesn't necessarily give me confidence that it isn't a reseller basement op sourcing it from an unknown Chinese lab whereas with SuitSupply I know if I drop 1 grand on a suit that I'm going to look great for whatever event I need to go to. 

I looked into it as well since Toronto is my home turf. 380 Commerce valley doesn't even exist. The mariott is 300 and the street turns into Beaver Valley right after. Even weirder is that they now list some address in the US and some address in Europe now. The website is a bit slow, so it may be possible they're not paying for expensive hosting. Super sketchy. And parts of their website like the privacy policy are copy pasted word for word. The copyright at the bottom seems like it's just put there for show. I'll bet my my frontal third that this is an operation of less than 10 guys, sourcing stuff from China, and then reselling it through an online storefront. No guarantee that they're bad and they've been in business for a while but they're clearly not an organized operation and I don't know if I believe that they have 3 offices in 3 different countries. That's bullshit. If they're a multinational company, they could deliver a better website than one with awful margins/CSS, slow loading speed, typos, copy pasted privacy notices and a copyright that doesn't even list the year. I wouldn't call their website polished either. 

They misspelled Popular as well. It's definitely a reseller basement operation. 

image.png.72f969294e213a687eafc257554b794f.png

image.png

This is concerning. I already ordered it. Makes me think perhaps we should create our own formula with the help of our surgeons. 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

This is concerning. I already ordered it. Makes me think perhaps we should create our own formula with the help of our surgeons. 

Nothing is for certain. I'm just speculating lol. For all we know, they could have tight controls on the manufacturing process. 

1 hour ago, deeznuts said:

Nothing is for certain. I'm just speculating lol. For all we know, they could have tight controls on the manufacturing process. 

"For all we know.." is not a worthy standard for My Precious. My precious hair, that is. :D

• Haha 1

If you're a DIY'er you can always buy MX in bulk, weigh it out on a milligram scale,  mix it in 60% rubbing alcohol and 40% purified water, and just plop it on your head.

https://www.google.ca/search?as_q=buy+bulk+minoxidil+powder&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&tbs=

I've thought about doing this