Why don’t clinics post more results?

I was thinking if a doctor/clinic averages 4-5 patients a week they should be posting results each week or at least every two weeks. I mean anywhere like their website, forums and social media. I know some do but makes me wonder why others don’t.

• Like 1

• Administrators
10 hours ago, qui bono said:

They need the patient's permission to do so

Bingo

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, qui bono said:

They need the patient's permission to do so

But does that explain why some doctors post results much more often than others? I suppose doctors who have a reputation of posting many results may have patients who are more willing to give them permission. But it could also simply be due to laziness, already having a steady stream of patients, having a smaller % of in-person post op appointments than other docs, etc.

One doc that really stands out for posting results is Dr. Lorenzo: https://www.youtube.com/user/shubbapahte/videos

• Like 1

So your question is, why isn't every doctor/clinic a master of SEO, marketing, and brand awareness?

Probably cause they're doctors and small business owners - not multimillion or multibillion dollar corporations with a dedicated marketing/advertising department. Many of them don't understand how to manage their online presence and many don't appreciate it either. Granted, they're doctors and probably make more money than the average small business owner, but that doesn't mean they're particularly savvy to modern advertising or maybe they just don't have the time to do it. There are people who's entire careers revolve around advertising, figuring out the best way to take advantage of AdSense/FB ads and being the top result on a Google search. 

I went to an appointment with a local doc nearby and when I went to the office, the guy was like 60 and his receptionist was like 60. And his website looks like it was made in 2005. Assuming the stereotype that the older generations aren't as tech savvy is true, who in that office is gonna advertise for them? A dedicated marketing/social media guy costs money and requires a salary. That money is coming out of the doctors pocket. Posting a new picture every 2 weeks takes time, and your employees time costs money unless you have the doctor photographing which probably isn't worth his time so much. You wouldn't want the doctor doing work that's somewhat low level but also likely outside of his skillset. Plus, small business owners aren't necessarily masters of SEO and brand awareness. 

And then how are they gonna put up a new photo every 2 weeks? They'd have to go out of their way to set up a new patient to come in every 2 weeks to take a photo. I'd imagine it'd be quite inconsistent when they could actually get someone to come in. 

I know a guy who works with garage doors. His business was probably taking in 1 million a year gross income if not more. He's a successful dude and he has 0 online presence and 0 knowledge of SEO/marketing. Now the question arises as to why he doesn't have SEO or marketing. Well the guy is great at installing garage doors, he's not a computer guy. And because he's not a tech kinda guy, he doesn't appreciate the value in having an online presence. And he doesn't even know how important it is. 

Long story short, being a small business owner/entrepreneur requires a set of skills very different from being a doctor. 

Edited by deeznuts
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

I think one factor that many who are doing their research for their first hair transplant should keep in mind is this very topic. Many clinics I'm sure don't post a huge volume of their work could be partially because the patient's aren't all that happy with the results. Clinics like H+W, Eugenics, et al, churn out a lot of results that look excellent for a reason. To obtain that many patient approvals to post their results generally means that they are happy with the outcome.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, deeznuts said:

So your question is, why isn't every doctor/clinic a master of SEO, marketing, and brand awareness?

Probably cause they're doctors and small business owners - not multimillion or multibillion dollar corporations with a dedicated marketing/advertising department. Many of them don't understand how to manage their online presence and many don't appreciate it either. Granted, they're doctors and probably make more money than the average small business owner, but that doesn't mean they're particularly savvy to modern advertising or maybe they just don't have the time to do it. There are people who's entire careers revolve around advertising, figuring out the best way to take advantage of AdSense/FB ads and being the top result on a Google search. 

I went to an appointment with a local doc nearby and when I went to the office, the guy was like 60 and his receptionist was like 60. And his website looks like it was made in 2005. Assuming the stereotype that the older generations aren't as tech savvy is true, who in that office is gonna advertise for them? A dedicated marketing/social media guy costs money and requires a salary. That money is coming out of the doctors pocket. Posting a new picture every 2 weeks takes time, and your employees time costs money unless you have the doctor photographing which probably isn't worth his time so much. You wouldn't want the doctor doing work that's somewhat low level but also likely outside of his skillset. Plus, small business owners aren't necessarily masters of SEO and brand awareness. 

And then how are they gonna put up a new photo every 2 weeks? They'd have to go out of their way to set up a new patient to come in every 2 weeks to take a photo. I'd imagine it'd be quite inconsistent when they could actually get someone to come in. 

I know a guy who works with garage doors. His business was probably taking in 1 million a year gross income if not more. He's a successful dude and he has 0 online presence and 0 knowledge of SEO/marketing. Now the question arises as to why he doesn't have SEO or marketing. Well the guy is great at installing garage doors, he's not a computer guy. And because he's not a tech kinda guy, he doesn't appreciate the value in having an online presence. And he doesn't even know how important it is. 

Long story short, being a small business owner/entrepreneur requires a set of skills very different from being a doctor. 

All that and the fact that if you are doing enough business that you can't really handle any more then why would you want to advertise much anyway? In the case of the 60 year old Dr he may be wanting to start slowing down and doing less work as he tries to slide into semi retirement, so again, why advertise for more work if you don't need it or want it.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, deeznuts said:

There’s definitely truth to this, some doctors don’t have a YouTube channel, and don’t know how to use social media. I would like to hold a workshop for our recommended surgeons on how to really get the best out of their social media presence. Dr. De Freitas and Eugenix are two clinics that could lead the course.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

9 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There’s definitely truth to this, some doctors don’t have a YouTube channel, and don’t know how to use social media. I would like to hold a workshop for our recommended surgeons on how to really get the best out of their social media presence. Dr. De Freitas and Eugenix are two clinics that could lead the course.

Bisanga/BHR also ! 🤩

• Like 3

• Administrators
Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Bisanga/BHR also ! 🤩

Absolutely, they’ve been killing it on YouTube, and @Raphael84is one of the best reps I’ve seen in a long time.

• Like 3

View my thread

On 4/25/2021 at 2:25 PM, Domino said:

I was thinking if a doctor/clinic averages 4-5 patients a week they should be posting results each week or at least every two weeks. I mean anywhere like their website, forums and social media. I know some do but makes me wonder why others don’t.

I am the coordinator and consultantcenter of HDC clinic in Cyprus Nicosia, you're welcome to our Facebook group and Instagram, I post every week 1-2 results of Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina, we are also recommended by this forum.

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/326632715435825/?ref=share

Instagram:

https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor?igshid=pd5cb4ygm56r

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Good topic and the reality is forums will see only a snapshot of the results as a large overwhelming percentage would not wish to share their cases and that is the same for forum users, only a percentage usually share their stories or show their loss from the membership subscribed, so it is part of an industry that is for sure getting more open but realistically only a small percentage will be visible.

We don't pay anyone to post, I know some that do, but for us it has never been a protocol and I think the result and the customer service is vital and actually the latter plays a huge role. If the advisor has not been there for the patient in the 12 months consistently then why should the patient share a result once it is in? I do think this is really important as the trust in the doctor and clinic comes also from the relationship with the advisor and I am sure many do not share due to lack of follow up and genuine interest.

My first ever surgery was in a clinic in Europe, I won't name them but after my surgery I got zero photos, zero emails, zero calls, zero texts and zero interest once the money had been paid, so is it any wonder they never got anything from me as there was no interest in healing or growth to final result? Answers on a postcard please...

Ian (Raphael), is a pleasure to work with, he is really dedicated to the patient and is an ever growing font of knowledge and very detailed in his replies both here and in emails and I am more than happy to have passed over the role to him and I agree he is very unique and we are very happy to have him and I see the way patients comment on his approach and "passion in the job puts perfection in the work", as the saying goes..

Edited by sl
  • Like 4

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

On 4/26/2021 at 4:55 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Absolutely, they’ve been killing it on YouTube, and @Raphael84is one of the best reps I’ve seen in a long time.

That is much appreciated Melvin. Thanks for your kind words.
As I have said before, HTN was my education for the first several years some maybe 12+ years ago and so I have real value in the forum as it certainly guided me. With that in mind, I have my own personal understanding of what information I sought out in my education and the approach that I would have appreciated from any individuals who represented clinics, and intend to represent and offer that.

Thanks Stephen also for your kind words. Both yourself and Dr. Bisanga are mentors and an incredible source of experience, education and support.

As Stephen alluded to, the patient and advisor relationship is paramount and often underestimated by many clinics, as the patient really requires and deserves to have that support system and "go to" throughout their journey, which begins with their first contact/enquiry and ends generally long after their final result. 

In most cases, if the patient want their cases to be shared, they will do so themselves due to their value in such a community. If not sharing for their own interactions, it is as they appreciate the value of result photos which they will have found to be very influential in their own journey and as a "thank you" to the support shown to them by their advisor and doctor. Without frequent communication with their advisor and respect for that relationship, and the relationship with the clinic and doctor as a whole, such photos and documentation do not come to fruition, which is what we often see and answer the original posters question.

In terms of patient results in general whether shared by the clinic or posted directly by the patient, a recent thread that I posted also has real importance in my opinion.

• Thanks 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.