Which Doctor Has Produced the Best Results You've Seen?

6 hours ago, deanro said:

I did see some Freitas results on only europeans excluding middle eastern, italian and greek. Based on what I've found the results were similar to US results. Not much difference.

This result looks amazing and its on a fine haired anglo looking guy. 

On 3/3/2021 at 9:35 AM, Snowboard said:

To be honest I am not at all familiar with the International Doctors as I was focused on the US but certainly those few names you mentioned come up often in these forums and should be looked at seriously as top choices for patients outside the US.

I have now had three procedures (one failed and two with Konior that were magical) and feel I can offer real experience and lessons learned as a karma payback for all that I gained from this forum.

I firmly believe that if at ALL financially possible only go to the top clinic in your geography.  Excluding Turkey and other low cost countries, the difference in cost between an average clinic and a world class one in the US for example is only a few thousand dollars.  That might sound like a lot but it is nothing compared to the life long consequences from getting a bad result. 

In the US I believe Dr. Konior is the only choice, he is a true master of cosmetic hair restoration surgery.  The analogy I would use is seeing the Sistine Chapel and his David sculpture and then looking for another artist instead of choosing Michelangelo to save some money.  These forums are full of amazing patient results like Matt1938 illustrating Dr Konior’s work.

I understand that the premier clinics have long waits but the huge benefit of this forum is helping guys find the few doctors who can REALLY give you back your hair.  My advice is only go to an elite surgeon and there are simply not many who truly are in the entire world. 

No offense but how the heck could someone be from Chicago and NOT go to Dr. Konior?

Konior and Nadimi, they have the same resources and technicians. Some who have 20 years of experience working in HT

• 1 year later...

Not everything is that unambiguous. Not all patients are well versed in medicine and can competently evaluate the doctor's prescription. So don't look at the glorified reviews, often they`re unfounded or written to order. For example I complained to one dentist about constant pain and he said there was nothing wrong with my teeth. I found a way to eliminate the pain https://www.jacksonavedental.com/post/should-you-use-hydrogen-peroxide-for-a-toothache while I was waiting for another doctor's appointment. The result was a hidden cavity!

Edited by punisherman

On 3/20/2021 at 7:37 AM, Zodiac said:

Konior and Nadimi, they have the same resources and technicians. Some who have 20 years of experience working in HT

They have the same technicians? Has this been confirmed? What about on days where they both do a procedure? 

1 hour ago, HairRun said:

They have the same technicians? Has this been confirmed? What about on days where they both do a procedure? 

I went to nadimi and was talking to techs.  I do believe they said that they work with her on some days and him on others.  

• Like 1

There are a few things about Dr. Zarev that concern me a bit. This is not to knock him at all, but just some potential red flags. His last IG post is from January. For a doctor that is as busy as is claimed, with supposedly stellar results, the last shown result is in January? (now granted he is so busy and good, that he is not concerned about showcasing his work anymore, which can be a resonable reason).

The other thing that concerns me is lack of any magnification while extracting or placing. Unless the guy is an alien, no human being can conclusively see a hair follicle thickness in micrometers clearly. It is like running a 2 minute mile. Body is just not capable of it. Now it is possible that maybe he is going by feel? In which case sure you don’t necessarily have to see it just feel it. But still good vision I would think is important to surgery.

Before After results from clinics are like tinder photos. Everyone is posting their “best home run” and reality may be very different when you actually become a patient. If there are consistent Zarev results that are as good as the ones on his IG and as Hugo, then I am willing to start considering him in the top tier of doctors. But so far it seems like he has not been approachable to discuss his techniques more clearly... or share his average results ..

Edited by shiba1985

21 hours ago, HairRun said:

They definitely used to share the same technicians as they didn't do hair restorations on the same day. There was always only one hair transplant per day at Chicago Hair Institute. However, there's a third surgeon in their practice now, Dr. Bhumik Shah. With that being said, I couldn't see them changing too much of how hair restoration is performed because it's such a well oiled machine. Their whole practice is run extremely efficiently and is the reason they get such good results.  

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

1 hour ago, BDK081522 said:

They definitely used to share the same technicians as they didn't do hair restorations on the same day. There was always only one hair transplant per day at Chicago Hair Institute. However, there's a third surgeon in their practice now, Dr. Bhumik Shah. With that being said, I couldn't see them changing too much of how hair restoration is performed because it's such a well oiled machine. Their whole practice is run extremely efficiently and is the reason they get such good results.  

How many technicians do you think they have? Is it like a giant ensemble like Hassan and Wong? Hair Transplant Surgical Team - Hasson & Wong (hassonandwong.com)

I'm looking at the website for CHI, one thing that's interesting to me is that they seemed to branched out to plastic surgery as well, though I think Nadimi only. 

I wonder how they have time for that considering the high demand for hair transplants these days. 

On the other hand, plastic surgery may be more lucrative. It seems that top doctors are stubborn about not raising prices even as their wait lists grow up to 2 years. So it seems very hard for any one to do so. 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, NOMORENORWOOD said:

What about Mwamba. I feel many do not talk about him. Is it because he isn’t in that top group or is just crazy underrated?

He’s definitely considered one of the best. His specialty is repairs. So many people go to him botched. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

He’s definitely considered one of the best. His specialty is repairs. So many people go to him botched. 

Oh okay that makes sense then. So when it comes to ethics and giving you a thorough analysis on donor capacity and management he would be one of the best due to so many repairs he has seen?

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, NOMORENORWOOD said:

Oh okay that makes sense then. So when it comes to ethics and giving you a thorough analysis on donor capacity and management he would be one of the best due to so many repairs he has seen?

I would say yes, he's one of the best.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 hours ago, HairRun said:

How many technicians do you think they have? Is it like a giant ensemble like Hassan and Wong? Hair Transplant Surgical Team - Hasson & Wong (hassonandwong.com)

I'm looking at the website for CHI, one thing that's interesting to me is that they seemed to branched out to plastic surgery as well, though I think Nadimi only. 

I wonder how they have time for that considering the high demand for hair transplants these days. 

On the other hand, plastic surgery may be more lucrative. It seems that top doctors are stubborn about not raising prices even as their wait lists grow up to 2 years. So it seems very hard for any one to do so. 

Oh definitely not like a giant ensemble. In fact, the exact opposite. Konior has one lead tech that helps at the surgical field. Maybe 1-3 others that help with graft sorting, trimming, etc. depending on the size of the case. His office and surgical areas aren't fancy with all the new shiny toys that places like Asmed try to woo you with. It's old school and just has the essentials. His surgical skill, attention to detail, and focused team are why they get such stellar results. 

• Like 1

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

2 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

Oh definitely not like a giant ensemble. In fact, the exact opposite. Konior has one lead tech that helps at the surgical field. Maybe 1-3 others that help with graft sorting, trimming, etc. depending on the size of the case. His office and surgical areas aren't fancy with all the new shiny toys that places like Asmed try to woo you with. It's old school and just has the essentials. His surgical skill, attention to detail, and focused team are why they get such stellar results. 

This is really fun to read about. With only 1 procedure a day, does Dr Konior not do a high volume of procedures? Like maybe 2 a week or something since Nadimi and Shah need to get their days in too?

20 hours ago, HairRun said:

This is really fun to read about. With only 1 procedure a day, does Dr Konior not do a high volume of procedures? Like maybe 2 a week or something since Nadimi and Shah need to get their days in too?

Yes, exactly. He used to do 3-4 cases a week before Shah started so I'm not sure what his surgical schedule is like today. At this point in his career he doesn't need volume. My guess is 2-3 cases a week which also leads to longer waitlists. 

• Thanks 1

I recently did a procedure with Dr. K this month (fantastic all-around experience, will post a thread at some point). His office -- and Dr. K in particular -- is still super busy according to all three doctors I spoke to; on the weekend, when Dr. K did his follow-up check on me, I even met a patient doing his follow-up too (this other patient did a surgery with him the day after my surgery). We spoke a bit and confirmed that for both our procedures, Dr. K did the usual start at 6:30 a.m. and worked all the way to 8:30 p.m. The man is an absolute machine. 

In any case, I wasn't able to ask Dr. Shah about his surgical schedule (he's a really easy-going and helpful person), but he checked my scalp each day while Dr. K was doing other surgeries or was out of office, so I think he's certainly helped lesson the workload on that front. He's very informative and based on my interaction with him, I can tell patients that opt for him will be in good hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2021 at 6:11 AM, deanro said:

Hello everyone. Just wanted your opinion as to which doctor do you believe is he best, which has produced the best results youve seen?

For me personally, as somebody who just needs a hairline touch up with some minor temple work, got to be Dr Freitas & Dr Couto… I haven’t seen any other doctors that do the dense hairline work they do on a regular basis

3 hours ago, Big Rome said:

For me personally, as somebody who just needs a hairline touch up with some minor temple work, got to be Dr Freitas & Dr Couto… I haven’t seen any other doctors that do the dense hairline work they do on a regular basis

Those guys have 2 year waiting lists

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Navthedon said:

Dr Koray Erdogan. I haven't seen many surgeon who can reproduce the sheer density he achieves and perfectly set hairlines he does (day in day out). One of the best there is. 

Tbh he had some killer results that would rival the best lol, but sadly money turned his head .

• Like 1