Which Doctor Has Produced the Best Results You've Seen?

What doctor would everyone recommend for a NW3/4 patient?

1. Hasson & Wong

2. Dr. Juan Cuoto

3. Dr. Rafael Freitas

Right now, I’m leaning on Hasson & Wong given the amount of grafts they can extract in a single session safely.

The waiting list is also important since Cuoto has the longest. Hasson & Wong and Dr. Freitas are roughly about the same. 

Edited by StayThick36

17 hours ago, StayThick36 said:

What doctor would everyone recommend for a NW3/4 patient?

1. Hasson & Wong

2. Dr. Juan Cuoto

3. Dr. Rafael Freitas

Right now, I’m leaning on Hasson & Wong given the amount of grafts they can extract in a single session safely.

The waiting list is also important since Cuoto has the longest. Hasson & Wong and Dr. Freitas are roughly about the same. 

2 and 3 all day imo. Their hairline design and involvement during surgery put them above the rest. As a norwood 3/4, your main concern is the hairline so might as well go to someone that excels at it.

15 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

2 and 3 all day imo. Their hairline design and involvement during surgery put them above the rest. As a norwood 3/4, your main concern is the hairline so might as well go to someone that excels at it.

I’m starting to realize this. Waiting on Dr. Freitas to get back to me currently. There is a 2 month wait before he reviews your information.

I’m hoping he can help with some crown thinning as well. I still have hair in the center (forelock) and mid scalp. Just need work done on the corners and crown. Trying to maximize what can be done safely in 1 trip. I live in the US. 

10 hours ago, StayThick36 said:

I’m starting to realize this. Waiting on Dr. Freitas to get back to me currently. There is a 2 month wait before he reviews your information.

I’m hoping he can help with some crown thinning as well. I still have hair in the center (forelock) and mid scalp. Just need work done on the corners and crown. Trying to maximize what can be done safely in 1 trip. I live in the US. 

Waiting for a good doctor even if it’s significant (1+ year) is worth it in the grand scheme of things. I wrote off surgeons because of their long wait list and I regret my decision every day. Don’t be like me

13 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Waiting for a good doctor even if it’s significant (1+ year) is worth it in the grand scheme of things. I wrote off surgeons because of their long wait list and I regret my decision every day. Don’t be like me

I appreciate this feedback. It’s comments like this that steer people like me in the right direction, even when they are super antsy to get the procedure done.

Is Dr. Freitas or H&W doctors you would wait 1+ year for?

Once I know Dr. Freitas’ wait time, I’ll let you guys know. Thanks again for the advice.

Edited by StayThick36

13 hours ago, StayThick36 said:

I appreciate this feedback. It’s comments like this that steer people like me in the right direction, even when they are super antsy to get the procedure done.

Once I know Dr. Freitas’ wait time, I’ll let you guys know. Thanks again for the advice.

Freitas for sure. Hasson nowadays, no. There are too many recent stories of patients seeing him and not having the best experience. Wong might be different though. This is solely my opinion of course

On 7/18/2022 at 3:53 PM, Navthedon said:

Dr Koray Erdogan. I haven't seen many surgeon who can reproduce the sheer density he achieves and perfectly set hairlines he does (day in day out). One of the best there is. 

You gotta be kidding me, right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 10:01 PM, HairRun said:

This is really fun to read about. With only 1 procedure a day, does Dr Konior not do a high volume of procedures? Like maybe 2 a week or something since Nadimi and Shah need to get their days in too?

Was just there yesterday with Nadimi. She does transplants Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday I believe. Wednesdays she volunteers with veterans at a hospital. I asked her about the forums concerns about doing plastic surgery and she said she does 85% hair transplants and 15% facial plastic surgeries. By the way, I had a STELLAR experience there and am looking forward to seeing my results.

I’d also like to add I waited 2 years total for this due to some scheduling challenges and extenuating circumstances. Came from Canada 

Edited by lindros88
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, lindros88 said:

Was just there yesterday with Nadimi. She does transplants Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday I believe. Wednesdays she volunteers with veterans at a hospital. I asked her about the forums concerns about doing plastic surgery and she said she does 85% hair transplants and 15% facial plastic surgeries. By the way, I had a STELLAR experience there and am looking forward to seeing my results.

I’d also like to add I waited 2 years total for this due to some scheduling challenges and extenuating circumstances. Came from Canada 

The combo of transplants + facial plastic surgery might be a good combo in my case, as I am looking to relocate hairs from the temples without scarring. Amazing to hear that she volunteers with veterans.

In my opinion different doctors specialize in different areas when it comes to hair transplants. Bisanga is becoming the Blonde hair guy as a example, Sethi is known for his work on Norwood 6-7s and his use of beard hair, Pitella is really good with Norwood 6-7s even with poor donor. I don't believe there is a best doctor all around, but I believe that there is a best doctor for your needs.

Norwood 2-3 - De Freitas and Couto as others have mentioned

Norwood 4-5 - Hasson, Konior, Bisanga, Mwamba, Ferreira

Norwood 6 - Sethi, Hasson, Zarev

Norwood 7 - Sethi, Pitella

On 7/26/2022 at 1:16 PM, StayThick36 said:

I initially sent in my consultation at H&W in the beginning of march and my surgery is in the beginning of December. Less than a year.

On 7/27/2022 at 3:00 AM, 5BetaReductase said:

Hasson nowadays, no. There are too many recent stories of patients seeing him and not having the best experience.

Which ones in particular? I know a recent one was Nordster34 who has concerns about the temples and amount of grafts harvested. I've also known that people have been criticizing Hasson over amount of grafts used if this is what you are referring to? I haven't seen any poor results recently, and I combed through every page with the advanced search.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2021 at 8:28 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Absolutely, Dr. Shapiro is a legend, and truly, truly a kind soul. 

Totally agree after meeting with him in person , He has a super kind soul and also he is one of the kind. 

Edited by parsia
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HairRun said:

Amazing, what was discussed? 

I wrote a detail about my consultation on my thread  and you also commented about that write up , So I had nothing more to add , In a case if you like to read that again here is the link

On 8/5/2022 at 9:19 AM, mister_25 said:

In my opinion different doctors specialize in different areas when it comes to hair transplants. Bisanga is becoming the Blonde hair guy as a example, Sethi is known for his work on Norwood 6-7s and his use of beard hair, Pitella is really good with Norwood 6-7s even with poor donor. I don't believe there is a best doctor all around, but I believe that there is a best doctor for your needs.

Norwood 2-3 - De Freitas and Couto as others have mentioned

Norwood 4-5 - Hasson, Konior, Bisanga, Mwamba, Ferreira

Norwood 6 - Sethi, Hasson, Zarev

Norwood 7 - Sethi, Pitella

I initially sent in my consultation at H&W in the beginning of march and my surgery is in the beginning of December. Less than a year.

Which ones in particular? I know a recent one was Nordster34 who has concerns about the temples and amount of grafts harvested. I've also known that people have been criticizing Hasson over amount of grafts used if this is what you are referring to? I haven't seen any poor results recently, and I combed through every page with the advanced search.

And who for temple reconstruction?

On 10/10/2022 at 2:16 PM, mister_25 said:

I've been impressed by Couto's temple reconstructions and Eugenix has made a bit of a name for themselves when it comes to Temple Reconstruction.

I also should have said, who do you like for temples and isn’t booked 3 years out. Lol