Which Doctor Has Produced the Best Results You've Seen?

In terms of the best single results I have seen . . It’s between Dr Zarev and Dr Couto - however they have only been clinic posted results, and with favourable candidates, despite some presenting with extensive levels of loss. 

I have seen excellent results from a lot of doctors - the main things I look for when shortlisting doctors, are the consistency of impressive results, the ratio between the patients level of loss + hair calibre : grafts used, the extraction pattern and condition of donor post 12 months, and most importantly, real patient posted results. 

Edited by Curious25

I think looking at the "best" results may not be the best way to look at it. Cause to get the best results, sometimes you're going to take some (unnecessary) risks. Sure, Doctor X can dense pack 80 grafts/cm2 but maybe 1 out of 100 gets close to the 80 grafts/cm2 surviving and he's the guy the clinic posts about on their website.

I think you want to go for guys who are consistent. And maybe a guy who specializes in your particular area of need. i.e. Dr Rahal for the hairlines. 

This thread is probably just a roundabout way of saying "who's the best Doctor in the world" so there was a big thread about that recently

• Like 1

Konior is a magician, he effectively does the entire procedure himself so he produces consistent exceptional results.  

If you are in the US and can afford him (basically the same cost as other top US clinics) I don’t understand why anyone would go elsewhere...

To be honest I am not at all familiar with the International Doctors as I was focused on the US but certainly those few names you mentioned come up often in these forums and should be looked at seriously as top choices for patients outside the US.

I have now had three procedures (one failed and two with Konior that were magical) and feel I can offer real experience and lessons learned as a karma payback for all that I gained from this forum.

I firmly believe that if at ALL financially possible only go to the top clinic in your geography.  Excluding Turkey and other low cost countries, the difference in cost between an average clinic and a world class one in the US for example is only a few thousand dollars.  That might sound like a lot but it is nothing compared to the life long consequences from getting a bad result. 

In the US I believe Dr. Konior is the only choice, he is a true master of cosmetic hair restoration surgery.  The analogy I would use is seeing the Sistine Chapel and his David sculpture and then looking for another artist instead of choosing Michelangelo to save some money.  These forums are full of amazing patient results like Matt1938 illustrating Dr Konior’s work.

I understand that the premier clinics have long waits but the huge benefit of this forum is helping guys find the few doctors who can REALLY give you back your hair.  My advice is only go to an elite surgeon and there are simply not many who truly are in the entire world. 

No offense but how the heck could someone be from Chicago and NOT go to Dr. Konior?

From past results I’ve observed, both from client and clinic: 

konior, H&W, Rahal, Bisanga, Nadimi, eugenix, Freitas 

couto & Zarev would be among the top because the content they post is insane, but i haven’t seen any patient testimonials 

• Like 1

• Administrators

When you consider who’s the best? Think who has the best reviews. Ultimately, we are a consumer rated site. So consumer ratings matter the most. If you look at the names given, try and match them to reviews, if you don’t see any, that should be a red flag. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Hasson and Wong continue to churn out top tier results all the time. 

They’ve been doing it for two decades now. Incredible.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I would second all of the docs mentioned above, adding Dr. Ron Shapiro to that list.  But also try to meet some patients in person (harder to do during a pandemic for sure) so you can see how transplanted hair looks like in the flesh.  Pics alone don't always give the full story. 

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators
2 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

I would second all of the docs mentioned above, adding Dr. Ron Shapiro to that list.  But also try to meet some patients in person (harder to do during a pandemic for sure) so you can see how transplanted hair looks like in the flesh.  Pics alone don't always give the full story. 

Absolutely, Dr. Shapiro is a legend, and truly, truly a kind soul. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Sean said:

HW probably the best in Canada.  And they are up there worldwide as well

Absolutely, hasson and wong have been at the very top for quite some time. 

View my thread

On 3/3/2021 at 7:01 AM, rj. said:

Cuoto has had the best results I've seen, with de Freitas not far behind. 

I agree.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:59 AM, RandoBrando517 said:

For me it’s Cuoto and De Freitas, Eugenix have some amazing results as well. Zarev has a few impressive ones, but I don’t see consistency.

Yes I've noticed couto's work. But other than the problem with his cost, the problem of trying to get a consultation with him is an arduously long process. I dont have the patience to wait 6 years before I get the chance to have him evaluate me. Then another 3 years to have surgery. Thats completely insane.

Forgot to mention something. Personally I believe doctors like couto produce amazing results because of their acute selection of patients. Based on comments on the spaniard forum the bulk of couto's patients are italian, middle eastern and greek. So of course middle easterners and italians will fare well with better results since their genetics are similar and possess thick, coarse hair. Guys in france, spain, england and germany unfortunately possess thinner hairs whose results I haven't seen on couto's yt vids or website.

Edited by deanro

On 3/12/2021 at 9:50 AM, samsunggalaxy said:

It should be ranked based on difficulty of case. Doing NW3 to NW0 is different from handling NW7.

Appreciate the reply. Hair thickness based on results seems to be the overwhelming factor of success given the same doctor operating on patients with diverse hair types as its apparent that doctors like couto count on thickness as their main driver of desired outcomes.

Edited by deanro

On 3/11/2021 at 7:22 PM, deanro said:

Forgot to mention something. Personally I believe doctors like couto produce amazing results because of their acute selection of patients. Based on comments on the spaniard forum the bulk of couto's patients are italian, middle eastern and greek. So of course middle easterners and italians will fare well with better results since their genetics are similar and possess thick, coarse hair. Guys in france, spain, england and germany unfortunately possess thinner hairs whose results I haven't seen on couto's yt vids or website.

There’s enough evidence out there to show that De Freitas doesn’t only get good results on Mediterraneans. Look at his latest post here. 

On 3/18/2021 at 7:20 PM, RandoBrando517 said:

There’s enough evidence out there to show that De Freitas doesn’t only get good results on Mediterraneans. Look at his latest post here. 

I did see some Freitas results on only europeans excluding middle eastern, italian and greek. Based on what I've found the results were similar to US results. Not much difference.

It’s not essentially ‘cheating’ if a doctor is able to produce good results on someone with favourable hair characteristics, they have clearly still performed a successful surgery, however the end result is naturally going to appear more impressive compared to other results due to the patients hair type - this is why it is important for prospective patients to research, and understand this as a factor of consideration, and become more realistic with what they can expect for themselves. 

When Lionel Messi goes on a run and dribbles past a teams whole midfield, nobody ever mentions that it’s because the professional pitches are so far superior to what you would find in an amateur Sunday league, however it is obviously a factor at play. Whether he would be able to execute the same skill against the same midfield on an amateur pitch, it’s possible, yet it will not appear as visually smooth or as attractive to watch - however the key is that it is unlikely that an amateur Sunday league player would be able to execute the same level of skill against the teams midfield, if he were to be playing at the Nou Camp or whichever professional La Liga ground they’re at. 

In summary - give a great doctor a great patient, then 99% of the time it will be a great result. Give a rubbish doctor a great patient, there’s no guarantee it will turn out like the results you see on FUE expert’s channel, or Dr Zarevs page. 

I also agree with the comment regarding the difference between restoring a higher NW compared to a hairline surgery for a NW2. This for me, is where doctors earn their wages. I love nothing more than seeing 3 or 4 stage process hair restoration procedures turning NW 6/7’s into full heads of hairs once again. Truly artistic ! 

• Valued Contributor

If I was asked this question ten years ago or more I would have said Hasson and Wong. However I think the question needs a little bit of tweeking. It's not a one size fits all and every surgeon/clinic puts its best best forward when it comes presenting results in marketing there work. I think perhaps another way of looking at it, or posing the question, is to ask who has produced the best results for a Norwood 7, a Norwood 3, etc. At the end of the day the answer lies in how unremarkable the results appear (that is it looks as though no work was ever done). For example to me Eugenix in my opinion do the best NW 6 work, other surgeons may produce amazing work in early stages of baldness, etc. Anyway these are just my own personal thoughts. This is an evolving industry where today results by Hasson and Wong are not possible with many other top tier surgeons. I enjoy marveling at the work that can make someone look completely natural with a massive difference.

• Like 2