Tory Lanez Hair Transplant

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

Here’s a case where there was either poor planning, poor execution, or further hair loss. Tory Lanez is a famous rapper who got an HT from a “famous” surgeon here in California, and is now being roasted and memed on the internet. I feel bad for him, but why don’t these celebrities do RESEARCH! 

Some of the memes are terrible, really feel for this guy. 

image.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Man that’s harsh. Hope he can now find/choose someone better ! @Melvin-Moderatorsure you can DM him 😌

I feel like sending him a few threads if what a good HT can look like. But some of these celebrities want everything for free in exchange for publicity. Good clinics don’t do this.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

its funny cause he references his hairline in a lot of his songs recently lol

He’s promoted that surgeon who also did Tygas hairline as well, seems like he must’ve got it for free. Man the memes are ruthless.

View my thread

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

If you can share, who's the surgeon?

Rhymes with earring

• Haha 2

View my thread

Haha, thanks for sharing. I've heard a LOT of stories about them

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Haha, thanks for sharing. I've heard a LOT of stories about them

I believe @gillenator used to work with that clinic, he didn't have the best things to say about their ethics.

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

Tygas one turned out good right? Man I’m so happy I found this forum, these guys were the first ever clinic I had a consultation with at their London clinic years ago through an advert on the TV.

I wasn’t so lucky.... I have a horrible FUT scar to show for it 😞 so long ago...

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I wasn’t so lucky.... I have a horrible FUT scar to show for it 😞 so long ago...

Are you happy with your hair now barring the scar? 
I was pretty young when I visited them and got my mum to thank for dodging them. She talked me out of a HT at the time on the train journey home. 

Just now, Craig2412 said:

Are you happy with your hair now barring the scar? 
I was pretty young when I visited them and got my mum to thank for dodging them. She talked me out of a HT at the time on the train journey home. 

This was my first ht and over 10 years ago. I was wowed by the usual marketing and sales nonsense. I really only started to learn when I joined the forum ! 
Ok so I had growth. But I had to have the FUT scar revised, and it’s still not much better. 

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

Tygas one turned out good right? Man I’m so happy I found this forum, these guys were the first ever clinic I had a consultation with at their London clinic years ago through an advert on the TV.

Tyga's came out good, but he was an easier case. Tory Lanez was a Norwood 6, they needed to give him either a more conservative hairline so they could transition into the midscalp better, or do multiple sessions. They gave him a low hairline and just left the middle empty. I'm not trying to poke fun but they left him like this

image.png

• Sad 2

View my thread

• Administrators

Aww man that's sad, he definitely has some fibers.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 2.01.49 PM.png

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

He’s promoted that surgeon who also did Tygas hairline as well, seems like he must’ve got it for free. Man the memes are ruthless.

In some podcast interview, Tory said he paid 30k for his transplant and was looking forward to wearing his hair in cornrows soon. He talked about the surgeon as well.

• Administrators
Just now, PizzaWolf said:

In some podcast interview, Tory said he paid 30k for his transplant and was looking forward to wearing his hair in cornrows soon. He talked about the surgeon as well.

I'd be shocked if he actually paid. People who pay, never speak about their surgery or talk about the clinic in any promotional way. Like Machine Gun Kelly, Elon Musk, Steve Carrell.

View my thread

• Administrators

Honestly, it has to be pretty difficult for Tory, everyone is clowning him and we all know hair loss is a devastating issue, especially if it bothers you enough to get surgery. The internet can be a cruel place.  

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, makehairgreatagain said:

I'm curious if he'll put the clinic on blast

Nah no way, he's been promoting them quite a bit. It's not a good look on them though, the pictures are viral.

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I'd be shocked if he actually paid. People who pay, never speak about their surgery or talk about the clinic in any promotional way. Like Machine Gun Kelly, Elon Musk, Steve Carrell.

Is it just an ego thing? Why didn't he spring for top-notch work?

• Administrators
14 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

Is it just an ego thing? Why didn't he spring for top-notch work?

Celebrities get things for free, companies send them stuff all the time to endorse. So, it was probably just an impulse to say yes. He probably talked to Tyga who’s result looks good, and that was enough.

View my thread