Riken/Tsuji expected to make MAJOR announcement related to hair cloning tomorrow (Feb 10th)

According to the team, they are already ready for clinical studies to transplant into patients with alopecia to confirm their safety and efficacy. However, since the venture company (Organ Technologies) that was scheduled to be implemented stopped its business due to the influence of the new corona, etc., it started soliciting cooperating companies and donations from the 10th. Team leader Takashi Tsuji said, “I want to put it to practical use as soon as possible and improve the quality of life for people suffering from hair loss.

In summation, the long awaited human clinical trial announcement from Dr. Tsuji has not happened yet, but it appears we have taken another step towards its fruition. All in all, it is definitely a great sign that Dr. Tsuji is still in fact working on his hair regeneration therapy and has plans to take it all the way. Please share your feedback in the comment section.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Westview said:

According to the team, they are already ready for clinical studies to transplant into patients with alopecia to confirm their safety and efficacy. However, since the venture company (Organ Technologies) that was scheduled to be implemented stopped its business due to the influence of the new corona, etc., it started soliciting cooperating companies and donations from the 10th. Team leader Takashi Tsuji said, “I want to put it to practical use as soon as possible and improve the quality of life for people suffering from hair loss.

In summation, the long awaited human clinical trial announcement from Dr. Tsuji has not happened yet, but it appears we have taken another step towards its fruition. All in all, it is definitely a great sign that Dr. Tsuji is still in fact working on his hair regeneration therapy and has plans to take it all the way. Please share your feedback in the comment section.

So pretty much, we got another company to fund the project. 

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Westview said:

You never know Melvin, maybe he found a breakthrough and finally got it to work

Maybe I’m cynical, but I’ve heard and seen this before. We’ll see. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Maybe I’m cynical, but I’ve heard and seen this before. We’ll see. 

Understandable. I also get skeptical at some of these claims.

I'll tell you a little known story.  When the Wright brothers initially tried to get their aircraft flying they were mocked by everyone in town.

They had tried so hard to get their airplane to work, but for some reason it wouldnt fly.

Pretty much everyone had given up on them and said it could never be done.

You cant fly people, they said. Only birds can fly.

Now here's the kicker, sometimes inventions (or its finishing touches) are often held back with tiny adjustments that the inventor has overlooked.

For example, the Wright brothers had their plane fully built. With 2 propellors and all.

But for some reason the plane couldnt take off the ground.

Wanna know why???  The answer was simple.

The reason why is because  both propellors on their airplane were both swinging in the same direction.

So what they did was make the left propellor rotate opposite as the right propellor (meaning one propellor clockwise, and the other counter-clockwise), and the rest is history.

And then suddenly they got their plane to fly.

Lesson in all this, is sometimes you can get a major invention to work by making a minor adjustment that everyone has overlooked

• Like 2

So in a nutshell Tsuji demonstrated that they successfully cloned hair in mice that apparently even cycled normally. This is a first. Intercytex or ARI didn't even come remotely close to that. 

The challenge now is to do clinical trials see if the findings translate to human hair. Huge challenge and Melvin is right to be skeptical but steps are definitely happening in the right direction. 

We also have Stemson, a well structured company that had similar results in mice with a different cloning approach and now are about to perfect the procedure in pigs to prepare for human trials too. 

Edited by JohnBob
  • Like 1

I understand the scepticism, and I understand the sense in staying cautious with your feet grounded when it comes to the potential reality of future technologies - however I also believe a glass half full approach is a much healthier and optimistic outlook to have rather than the ‘I’ll believe it when I see it’ stance. 

I say this, because despite older members proclaiming to have seen all this before over the last 35 years - they are overlooking what they actually have seen over the last 35 years in the hair loss industry - the unbelievable advancement in treatments and hair restoration procedures.

More is known now than ever, skills have advanced ten fold and continue to do so, and the results we see day in day out on these boards are testimony to this. 

Even if cloning becomes a thing 20 years from now . . The vast majority of us on here will benefit from that, and are able to strategically plan towards that mark with careful and tactical donor management and utilisation. 

I think it’s great that we have scientists willing to dedicate their career to the cause, and appreciate all efforts from everyone involved. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 2

This is just a perpetual way to gain steady income in the form of Investor funding then bankruptcy then repeat, for the doctor and his staff, sad to say and hate to sound like a downer, but what the human body creates/replicates on its own is extremely difficult for machines and other artificial sources to replicate even if cells originate from the patient. Gene therapy was supposed to be the cure to many diseases, in fact in some cases it’s been harmful even deadly. Artificial organs were also supposed to be a game changer...hasn’t panned out as the body rejects and so people are still on long organ donor lists. I would love to be proven wrong in 3-5-10 years but I highly doubt it.

3 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

This is just a perpetual way to gain steady income in the form of Investor funding then bankruptcy then repeat, for the doctor and his staff, sad to say and hate to sound like a downer, but what the human body creates/replicates on its own is extremely difficult for machines and other artificial sources to replicate even if cells originate from the patient. Gene therapy was supposed to be the cure to many diseases, in fact in some cases it’s been harmful even deadly. Artificial organs were also supposed to be a game changer...hasn’t panned out as the body rejects and so people are still on long organ donor lists. I would love to be proven wrong in 3-5-10 years but I highly doubt it.

Progress in biotech takes time, we are talking decades here.

It took literarily 20+ years and BILLIONS in funding before the mRNA technology finally had its first use case with the covid vaccines. 

So just to be clear. Intercytex and ARI were trying to rejuvenate old dormant follicles. 

What Tsuji/Stemson are doing is totally different. They are creating new hairs from scratch. This is more complex but has better chances of succeeding IMO. And they are far ahead too since they already demonstrated the technology works in animals. 

Edited by JohnBob

1 hour ago, nicoandgello said:

That's just boomer talk, not truth.

He is speaking the truth. Back in 2005 people in the forums were sure the cure was just around the corner. Each and every year the news of a new treatment would pop with the statement that in 5 years it would be commercially available. And then 5 years would pass and nothing would happen. 

But one day this cursed cycle will be broken. 

3 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

He is speaking the truth. Back in 2005 people in the forums were sure the cure was just around the corner. Each and every year the news of a new treatment would pop with the statement that in 5 years it would be commercially available. And then 5 years would pass and nothing would happen. 

But one day this cursed cycle will be broken. 

It's not the truth. There will never be "cure" to all baldness. Even with gene editing people with alopecia will still be bald. Even with hair cloning people will still continue to bald. In the last 10 years we started using a lot of new treatments. Topical finasteride/dutasteride, oral minoxidil stopped being taboo, doctors are more willing to prescribe low dose AA, hair systems are practically undetectable, FUE is now equal to FUT, new topicals like RU and CB beacame popular, people are now using many diffrent growth promoters other than minoxidil. You don't know what you are talking about, so please stop spreading that boomer logic.

32 minutes ago, nicoandgello said:

It's not the truth. There will never be "cure" to all baldness. Even with gene editing people with alopecia will still be bald. Even with hair cloning people will still continue to bald. In the last 10 years we started using a lot of new treatments. Topical finasteride/dutasteride, oral minoxidil stopped being taboo, doctors are more willing to prescribe low dose AA, hair systems are practically undetectable, FUE is now equal to FUT, new topicals like RU and CB beacame popular, people are now using many diffrent growth promoters other than minoxidil. You don't know what you are talking about, so please stop spreading that boomer logic.

Look man, this "boomer logic" kind of insult doesn't add anything to the debate. Consider stoping it. 

Minox and finasteride doesn't work well for most people and have been around for decades. HTs have evolved but that's pretty much it.

On the other hand, hair cloning, if it works on humans, will be a practical cure.

There are tons of press articles about new revolutionary treatments that promised commercial availability in 5 years and ended up totally folding. Google is your friend if you don't believe in my words. I'm not going to discuss such simple verifiable facts anymore.

Edited by JohnBob

4 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

Look man, this "boomer logic" kind of insult doesn't add anything to the debate. Consider stoping it. 

Minox and finasteride doesn't work well for most people and have been around for decades. HTs have evolved but that's pretty much it.

On the other hand, hair cloning, if it works on humans, will be a practical cure.

There are tons of press articles about new revolutionary treatments that promised commercial availability in 5 years and ended up totally folding. Google is your friend if you don't believe in my words. I'm not going to discuss such simple verifiable facts anymore.

If you're a human being finasteride will work for you 100% of the time. Please show me a single example of a person that uses finasteride/dutasteride that PSA level didn't lower. We can regrow most hair right now with simple usage of meds. You don't know what you are talking about. Current medicine can cure baldness right now, just not exactly with good sexual side effect profile.