Riken/Tsuji expected to make MAJOR announcement related to hair cloning tomorrow (Feb 10th)

Thanks for https://www.hairlosscure2020.com for noticing and reporting it first!

Do you guys think this finally is going to be it? Depending on the news - say they already started clinical trials and show a cloned hair implanted and growing on a human being -  the hair loss world will be torn upside down! Imagine the best HT surgeons being able to implant an unlimited amount of hair follicles, not even the sky will be a limit!

Edited by JohnBob
  • Like 1

• JohnBob changed the title to Riken/Tsuji expected to make MAJOR announcement related to hair cloning tomorrow (Feb 10th)

I have been saying for the longest time that hair cloning is the best avenue for us to get to a limitless hair supply. Hopefully this announcement is actually consequential and not hype. 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

I have been saying for the longest time that hair cloning is the best avenue for us to get to a limitless hair supply. Hopefully this announcement is actually consequential and not hype. 

If it happens, does that make transplants nigh on perfect and viable for everyone....rather than replacing HTs?

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• Administrators

Dr. Tsuji claimed this would be ready by 2020, hence the website hairlosscure 2020 name lol. The previous company organ technologies went bankrupt, looks like he’s found another company. Don’t hold your breath, expect another fall out.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

36 minutes ago, TommyLucchese said:

If it happens, does that make transplants nigh on perfect and viable for everyone....rather than replacing HTs?

Yes. Both Tsuji's and Stemson's versions of hair cloning will involve the the implantation of the cloned cells onto the scalp. Only instead of transplanting a hair graft, it will be used a hair germ with the cloned cells so to speak. Each hair germ will result in one new hair follicle. 

Both companies/docs said they would like the current HT surgeons doing it, as it will demand similar skills of a traditional hair transplant (minus the donor extraction part). 

Stemson even has two HT doctors from SoCal (where they are based) in their board of advisors:

https://stemsontx.com/team/

1296945038_ScreenShot2021-02-09at14_19_32.thumb.png.ef4043df18834065769b6113f28403c8.png

This is the future of HTs folks. 

Edited by JohnBob

42 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Tsuji claimed this would be ready by 2020, hence the website hairlosscure 2020 name lol. The previous company organ technologies went bankrupt, looks like he’s found another company. Don’t hold your breath, expect another fall out.

Another fall out can happen but I expect someone or some company will eventually get it right. I think that path is the future of the hair transplant industry

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JohnBob said:

Another fall out can happen but I expect someone or some company will eventually get it right. I think that path is the future of the hair transplant industry

We’re far from this future. This has happened at least three times before, we actually visited intercytex in England, they were all the hype, they went bankrupt too and the results ended up being a bust.

14 years ago lol almost the exact same thread. @BeHappy still here too. 

• Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Then just like has happened now, another company bought the existing research.

Then 

https://hairmedclinics.com/aderans-cuts-funding-stem-cell-hair-culture/

View my thread

9 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

We’re far from this future. This has happened at least three times before, we actually visited intercytex in England, they were all the hype, they went bankrupt too and the results ended up being a bust.

14 years ago lol almost the exact same thread. @BeHappy still here too. 

Damn, 14 years ago. I will be damned if this field didn't evolve anything since then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TommyLucchese said:

You would have to transplant the cloned hair cells so you'd still have to get a hair transplant.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

Damn, 14 years ago. I will be damned if this field didn't evolve anything since then. 

It hasn’t, it’s the same story, different company. Promising phase I goes to Phase II, dies before phase III. 

View my thread

17 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It hasn’t, it’s the same story, different company. Promising phase I goes to Phase II, dies before phase III. 

I'll have to disagree on that Melvin. Intercytex and ARI never showed anything with substance to back their claims. Tsuji, on the other hand, have scientific studies published and even a paper on Nature demonstrating the successful creation of a cloned hair in mice. Same for Stemson. 

You may say cloned hairs on mice are a far cry from the cure and I agree, but we now have a working proof of concept of hair cloning. Its an advance that we didn't have before, so I would say the hair cloning field is indeed progressing (albeit not in the speed we want). 

Edited by JohnBob

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

I'll have to disagree on that Melvin. Intercytex and ARI never showed anything with substance to back their claims. Tsuji, on the other hand, have scientific studies published and even a paper on Nature demonstrating the successful creation of a cloned hair in mice. Same for Stemson. 

You may say cloned hairs on mice are a far cry from the cure and I agree, but we now have a working proof of concept of hair cloning. Its an advance that we didn't have before, so I would say the hair cloning field is indeed progressing (albeit not in the speed we want). 

Dr. Tsuji hasn’t shown anything besides being able to get another company to invest in his project. There hasn’t been anything conclusive that’s made it past Phase III. 

View my thread

I wouldn't hold my breath, but let's see what happens. Perhaps this area of science has made some progress in the past 14 years, and if so, maybe in another 14 or 28 more we'll even be able to use this 😂

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

It's understandable to be skeptical about Tsuji/Riken and hair cloning in general, given the failures of the past. But science does progress, and there have been significant hurdles overcome since the days of Intercytex. For one, the development of 3D scaffolds for hair follicle stem cell culturing has improved the multiplication process. I have no doubt that we will have rudimentary hair growth on human scalps from stem cells in the near future - hair that cycles properly, hair that grows at the right angles, hair that mimics the same characteristics as donor hair. As Dr. Khokhar has eluded to, cancerous tumors from the implanted germs should be of the most concern. Even if successful, scaling the technology to the point it is affordable enough to compete with HT's is unlikely in the near future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

You have to be very careful because there is a high likelihood of cancer with this technology as well

You'll get brain cancer, but at least you'll have a full head of hair before they lower you into the casket 😂

• Haha 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, nicoandgello said:

Comparing Riken with other companies that failed is such a strawman lmao.

Tsuji already failed. So yea, pretty comparable.

View my thread

10 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Tsuji already failed. So yea, pretty comparable.

I mean the fact that you compared huge and succesful research company to some random startups. There is huge diffrence between those companies, and your opinion is full of asumptions. Let's just wait till tommorow, and maybe we will be pleasantly suprised.

• Like 1