Is Oral Minoxidil Effective?

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

A one year waiting list, I don't think that's true. Let me tag @Abhinay Singh to confirm that, otherwise I'm in deep trouble lol.

There isn't a year waiting list. We do have surgeries pre planned and the dates are booked quite in advance. However, we can work out a date after discussion and coordination. 

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

5 hours ago, Abhinay Singh said:

There isn't a year waiting list. We do have surgeries pre planned and the dates are booked quite in advance. However, we can work out a date after discussion and coordination

Then maybe I heard it wrong.

How long approximately is your current waiting list??

50 minutes ago, Westview said:

Then maybe I heard it wrong.

How long approximately is your current waiting list??

It depends on the doctor's schedule and your preferred dates. It can be worked out through coordination. We have surgeries everyday for the coming year but there are slots available. 

• Like 1

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Abhinay Singh said:

It depends on the doctor's schedule and your preferred dates. It can be worked out through coordination. We have surgeries everyday for the coming year but there are slots available. 

Thank you for clarifying Abhinay.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Abhinay Singh said:

Phew there is hope 🙏

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Phew there is hope 🙏

14 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Phew there is hope 🙏

You are always welcome to come here sir. Infact we would look forward to it.

Kind Regards

12 hours ago, Westview said:

I like the idea of going to Eugenix.

Maybe make a vacation out of it and some sightseeing.

I heard they have Bengal tigers in the North. 

Indian safari here I come!! 🤠

You can definitely make it a tour along with the procedure. You could also go for touring the royal palaces in Rajasthan, Hyderabad etc. You will get to witness a plethora of fauna and varied landscapes. The most important part being that the cost for touring in India will not be much.

• Like 1

Kind Regards

14 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thank you for clarifying Abhinay.

Always our pleasure sir.

Kind Regards

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Abhinay Singh said:

You can definitely make it a tour along with the procedure. You could also go for touring the royal palaces in Rajasthan, Hyderabad etc. You will get to witness a plethora of fauna and varied landscapes. The most important part being that the cost for touring in India will not be much.

Good to know

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, thetdog666 said:

Has anyone had any sides from taking oral minoxidil? Im worried I get body hair growth!

I think that’s a fairly common side effect. My chest, back and even shoulders grow hair naturally. Are you a female? 

View my thread

41 minutes ago, ciaus said:

I had a little bit of lightheadness the first few weeks. I have more beard and chest hair. Never had back hair and still don't thankfully.

Few questions for you if you don’t mind..
What dosage are you on and how long?

Is it expensive?

Are you seeing results?...better results than liquid or foam if any?

26 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Few questions for you if you don’t mind..
What dosage are you on and how long?

Is it expensive?

Are you seeing results?...better results than liquid or foam if any?

I've been on 2.5mg pill daily since around aug/sept last year and I've responded better to it, notice hair all over my head is thicker instead of just the areas I was applying it before. I couldn't stay on the topical because of scalp conditions that it irritated. I'm in the US and you do need a prescription for it, got that from a hair transplant doc in my area, local pharmacy is where I pick it up. And its pretty cheap. 2 month supply is about $25 without insurance.  I use goodrx to get about a $10 discount.

If you're in the US go here and set your location to see what local pharmacies around you charge:

https://www.goodrx.com/minoxidil

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ciaus said:

I've been on 2.5mg pill daily since around aug/sept last year and I've responded better to it, notice hair all over my head is thicker instead of just the areas I was applying it before. I couldn't stay on the topical because of scalp conditions that it irritated. I'm in the US and you do need a prescription for it, got that from a hair transplant doc in my area, local pharmacy is where I pick it up. And its pretty cheap. 2 month supply is about $25 without insurance.  I use goodrx to get about a $10 discount.

If you're in the US go here and set your location to see what local pharmacies around you charge:

https://www.goodrx.com/minoxidil

Thanks!

Same here, I hate the irritation from both liquid and foam so I am considering oral if i see it’s safe enough...good to hear that you are seeing better hair quality with it.

That’s pretty inexpensive, I’m in NY so I’ll see if a doc would prescribe it for me and yeah..GoodRx is a good way to lower the rx price. 👍🏻

• Administrators
3 hours ago, thetdog666 said:

No, but im not wanting unwanted body hair. 

I’d say stick with finasteride. 

View my thread

Anyone using oral minoxidil get edema? That and rebound tachycardia (elevated heart rate), are probably most serious side effects.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Anyone using oral minoxidil get edema? That and rebound tachycardia (elevated heart rate), are probably most serious side effects.

I believe that’s common with the 5mg usage. The tachycardia is not good, although, general anxiety can elevate your heart rate pretty high as well. 

• Like 1

View my thread

On 1/28/2021 at 12:07 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Amazing content! Loved the information and the talks with these amazing doctors.

Thanks for putting this together and sharing, really appreciate it since it adds so much value and gives new alternatives.

By the way, with this oral minox + with those 800 from that dence beard, your crown would come back to life for sure 😊

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Zinedine said:

Amazing content! Loved the information and the talks with these amazing doctors.

Thanks for putting this together and sharing, really appreciate it since it adds so much value and gives new alternatives.

By the way, with this oral minox + with those 800 from that dence beard, your crown would come back to life for sure 😊

Let’s hope haha🤞 Be sure to check out our next live Q&A with Dr. Shapiro.

View my thread

Where can you get this in the UK?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon