WHAT DOCTOR OR CLINIC TO GO TO

newlad

Hey guys, thanks a lot for feedback, however i would want to do the surgery in turkey but with a good doctor, although i am now skeptical but not decided.

I have seen cuotos work and i loved it, but man! getting an appointment is so tricky or maybe i just communicated to the wrong contact. In any case lets talk about whether or not there is a fairly prices clinic in turkey which actually does a good job? (apart from HLC)

Im staying in a hotel in Turkey atm and most of the guests are men that are having hair transplant surgery. At night, 50-80% of the restaurant patronage are men with bandages on their head. It made me interested. I will be in Turkey for a few weeks and thought I might consult a doctor and see if its something I would like to do. I read the comments in this thread and posters are not encouraging Turkey as a destination, however, Im seeing dozens of men every day that appear very happy and enthusiastic. I dont know which clinic they are being treated at though.

I clicked on the "FIND A PRE-SCREENED PHYSICIAN" tab and a Turkish doctor called Dr. Resul Yaman was recommened. Why are you not discussing him? Thanks

11 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

In Turkey I'd recommend Demirsoy (1.25 euro per graft?), Pekiner (2.25 euro per graft?), or HLC (2.7 euro per graft?). If you can only afford Demirsoy, he can't really be beat anywhere in the world for the price IMO.

Hi, kindly drop his ( dr demirsoy) website/contacts so i culd get in touch, would really appreciate

17 hours ago, newlad said:

Hi, kindly drop his ( dr demirsoy) website/contacts so i culd get in touch, would really appreciate

I would still recommend consulting with many doctors to get a range of opinions.

Edit: Oh, it looks like my link got automatically deleted. Search "armamed Demirsoy" on Google.

Edited by giegnosiganoe
Removed link, use google

Hi all and thanks to OP for this thread.

First time posting here. Yay! 🤗

I am planning to undergo HT in 2021. 

I have a question for OP: why Turkey? Is it the price? I don't mean to judge at all, just genuinely curious. I am in the same situation as you. I have already had two in-person consultations with two seemingly top ranked surgeons in Western Europe. One suggested FUT, the other FUE, I couldn't decide, but was too lazy to see someone else for third opinion and my hairloss is still very slow so not in a rush. But, I do plan to have HT in 2021. My research about surgeons in Turkey suggest that among those that are more or less consistently ranked as the best ones in Turkey are not cheap. Maybe 15-20% cheaper than the ones in Western Europe, but for me personally, travel to Turkey, flying there and all that, is not worth that 20% cheaper price tag for the HT itself. 

I think that generally asking for advice from the community on which surgeon to pick is, notwithstanding and despite the best possible intentions, a bit risky. There is a lot in play here and too many variables that determine the success of a HT. And a lot of subjectivity and very personal experiences and emotional responses to a HT and surgeons too. I have been following this amazing community for a few months. I think it helped me in dropping some names off the list because they more or less consistently show at least unreliable results or inconsistent ones, so not worth the risk. At least, this was the learning in my case. Generosity of those who share their experience with the community here is amazing. But, still, the decision where to do HT is really a personal one and no one can make it for you.  

I think Turkey suffers from bad, or questionable rep, since there are a lot of surgeons there who do HT inexpensively. I live in Germany and here they have a solid rep, or at least I think somewhat better rap than they might have in the UK. In Germany too there are a lot of surgeons, and they are never mentioned here in this community, because 1) they are too expensive, and 2) they don't do good work, or are at least they are unreliable, hence unknown. Turkish ones are known because they are less expensive and do a lot more HTs. So, the perception is that in Turkey anyone can call themselves a HT surgeon, but that's simply not true. That's what my research revealed to me in any case. 

I personally met a guy who had a HT with HCL and I loooooved his results. It renewed my interest in having a HT. But his HT was not cheap at all. He chose HCL because of consultations he had with the surgeon, confidence he felt in the surgeon and some other guys he met who had HT at HCL who too had amazing results. I am not convinced though, but mostly because of the hustle of flying there and having to fly back, and for what, for 2K less for the price tag. A car trip to Belgium, for example, for me would be much easier for me personally. 

But I still have to decide where to do it too, so I definitely understand what you are going through. I keep my fingers crossed. ☺️

Best

On 12/20/2020 at 4:30 PM, mustang said:

Thanks Melvin

None of the doctors have disappointed. Just some stood out more than others. Knowledge, warmth, patient care and growth which is the ultimate bar.

My best growth I had with Feriduni, Vila and Mwamba. Keser was OK the first 2 but the third surgery barely anything grew and since then his cases have gone downhill. 

Feriduni's patient care it's out of this world

Couto's knowledge is out of this world

Mwamba's technical skills are out of this world. He can extract grafts from any part of the body without transection. 

HLC growth was great as well

Why did you keep changing surgeons and not stick to the same one ? 

On 12/21/2020 at 1:04 AM, hhhman said:

Im staying in a hotel in Turkey atm and most of the guests are men that are having hair transplant surgery. At night, 50-80% of the restaurant patronage are men with bandages on their head. It made me interested. I will be in Turkey for a few weeks and thought I might consult a doctor and see if its something I would like to do. I read the comments in this thread and posters are not encouraging Turkey as a destination, however, Im seeing dozens of men every day that appear very happy and enthusiastic. I dont know which clinic they are being treated at though.

I clicked on the "FIND A PRE-SCREENED PHYSICIAN" tab and a Turkish doctor called Dr. Resul Yaman was recommened. Why are you not discussing him? Thanks

Hey man I am near Turkey planning to re-enter next week I have sent you a pm

On 12/19/2020 at 12:18 PM, Mario_s90 said:

Sorry, but this is not correct. Erdogan does the analysis, defines the strategy, controls both the extraction and placement and does the incisions himself. Regarding my previous post, in other clinics the procedure is almost the same (apart from the fact that they probably run not multiple surgeries the same day).

this is exactly how well . known docs do large FUE cases, I had 2 FUE's with Rahal, and it was exactly as you stated above, he is the director and quality control, drew all lines, etc. his techs did the tedious work of extractions and implantation, he did hairline design, incisions, etc. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 4:41 AM, mustang said:

Go to Dr Mwamba or Dra Vila

Both are charging 2.50 euros per graft. Both top surgeons with world class results

Belgium and Spain.

Don't go to Turkey.

Dr Mwamba is nowhere near the level of even ASMED and the results on this forum prove that. Anyone who questions this including yourself ought to look. Dr. Villa is competent and does good work but they don't have a particularly long term track record and they don't engage in the process any more than Koray at ASMED does. 

There are certainly options in Spain and Belgium who do very good work, specifically Freitas, Lorenzo and Couto, and Feriduni and Bisanga. Your comments and those of Unbald Eagle however are clearly disingenuous and aren't based on facts.

On 12/20/2020 at 4:45 AM, UnbaldEagle said:

I wonder how he can perform all these steps when having up to 8 surgeries a day. If he did all above mentioned on your surgery, that's great, happy for you, maybe you're the exception and not the rule. 

This is turning into Asmed apologetism here, so I'll stop, don't think it's fair to hijack OP's thread. 

Its you making false or entirely disingenuous claims and expecting not to be called out for it, that's the problem and it has nothing to do with apologism. Grow up, its not hard to avoid dishonesty. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

Its you making false or entirely disingenuous claims and expecting not to be called out for it, that's the problem and it has nothing to do with apologism. Grow up, its not hard to avoid dishonesty. 

Okay, I'll just ignore the plethora of dissatisfied actual patients who reported the aforesaid things if that's what it takes to move on from Asmed where you had 2 surgeries and ofc clearly aren't biased. Moving on, growing up here.

But to accuse Mustang of the same when he went to the very best docs in Europe, including the ones you mentioned as "options" is a bit too much, I'd take that back if I were you. 

Edited by UnbaldEagle

On 12/19/2020 at 11:24 PM, mustang said:

Hard to say. Feriduni, Vila and Mwamba were the top 3

Couto 4th

Interesting, especially considering the discussions in here about tech driven clinics. I also rate the consultations with Feriduni as spectacular good and my results with him are great too, but i cannot deny: He runs a tech driven clinic with him doing slits and some test grafts. The remaining work is done by the team. Of course, his team is very experienced.  

8 hours ago, JayLDD said:

Dr Mwamba is nowhere near the level of even ASMED and the results on this forum prove that. Anyone who questions this including yourself ought to look. Dr. Villa is competent and does good work but they don't have a particularly long term track record and they don't engage in the process any more than Koray at ASMED does. 

There are certainly options in Spain and Belgium who do very good work, specifically Freitas, Lorenzo and Couto, and Feriduni and Bisanga. Your comments and those of Unbald Eagle however are clearly disingenuous and aren't based on facts.

It's a shame they allow people like you on these forums.

Some of us want to contribute, help, share our experiences and have a positive attitude towards hair loss. I would say the vast majority

Then there is people like you. Negative, without any empathy and just plain rude.

Dr Vila has been performing surgeries for 12 years with an impeccable track record yet you claim she doesn't have a long term track record. Utterly ridiculous statement. 

Dr Mwamba has been doing it for almost 20 with hundreds of patients with amazing results. I am just one of them. The man achieved close a 100% growth rate on BHT. Do you know how hard that is? You don't. The concepts of contraction, rotation and compression are probably foreign to you. The man fixed my donor with body hair and on scar tissue. Let's see Asmed do that. Nothing against Dr Koray but I have seen enough bad cases to never consider them.

For more results from Dr Mwamba you can check here: https://fueclinic.com/results/

For more results from Dra Vila you can check here: https://ximenavila.com/casos-pacientes/

Edited by mustang
  • Thanks 1