Dr Vikram Jayaprakash- FUT Procedure 20th July 2020: 2600 grafts.

NDAustralia

• 2 weeks later...

Here we are at 9 months post op from my 2600 graft FUT procedure with Dr Vikram Jayaprakash at The Knusden Clinic in Melbourne, Australia.

The usual:

Finasteride 1mg 3x per week.
Minoxidil 5% (Currently liquid) once, sometimes twice a day.
Usually good diet, lots of exercise.

Things to note this month:

It may not seem much different from my 8 month update but I feel like my transplanted hair has absolutely started feeling more like my native.

Individual hair follicles are definitely thickening up every week.

I can't see it changing much more from here, I might skip the next few months until the 12 month mark but who knows.

As always, any comments, critiques or questions are more than welcome!

0aQ5rBIQ.jpeg

7nX1C5UI.jpeg

B5wCIjZQ.jpeg

EvvE14tA.jpeg

iwKb8Gt4.jpeg

ZICDNRQQ.jpeg

zoBW-4sI.jpeg

ztKb-I8E.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Ok!

A couple of days shy of 12 months but I remembered today and would probably forget about it and not post if I didn't right now.

The particulars:

2600 grafts FUT

Finasteride 1mg 3x a week (sometimes 4 if I remember on a Saturday afternoon).

Minoxidil 5% liquid once a day (approx 1.5ml per application).

Notes:

Not really Any noticeable change from months 9-12 except for the hair looking and feeling more like native hair.

I've had my 12 month check-up with Dr Vikram. He said he's very pleased with the result and so am I. As far as future planning, he suggests FUE next time should I get another HT (quite likely).

His suggested plan of attack based on my own opinions of my results are to do a small 500-700 graft procedure to soften the hairline with some better FUE grafts rather than the thick ones you get from an FUT and also lower it a tiny bit (my request, he doesn't believe it needs to be lower). We would also trial 100-200 grafts in the FUT scar to see what it looks like and then potentially I could wear my hair below a #4 without it being noticeable.

After that I am intending to get another 2000+ graft procedure to fill the midscalp and crown but not for a few years. I want to see the full extent of medication as I've been using finasteride for about 1.5 years and minoxidil for less than a year. I'm also only 32 so I'd like to save some grafts for later, especially since I'm reasonably content with my appearance for now.

Lastly for anyone sitting on the fence about getting a HT:

I can't stress this enough but do everything you can to stabilize your hair loss before you get a HT

Secondly and most importantly, do your research! That means do more than ask a few questions about which clinic is better for your budget in an online forum. Watch videos, read articles and learn what good hair restoration is first before you look at clinics.

It has changed my life, completely turned my confidence and self worth around.

Enjoy the pictures and as always, any comments or critiques are welcome.

Cheers!

PXL_20210718_020048598.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210718_020047014.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210718_015934887.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210718_015929923.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210718_015924157.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210718_015916891.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210718_015747295.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210718_015640947.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210718_015626882.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210718_015447900.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 4

Such a brilliant result mate.  And so good how it's changed your life and given your confidence back.  Thanks for sharing mate - your write ups have been so helpful

5 hours ago, Rui said:

Such a brilliant result mate.  And so good how it's changed your life and given your confidence back.  Thanks for sharing mate - your write ups have been so helpful

Thank you for following my progress the whole time. It's very much appreciated mate!

• 1 month later...

NDAustrlia

Hi, Your results are fantastic. Well done!

I also live in Melbourne and have decided to have a FUT up to 2500 grafts performed by Dr Vikram Jayaprakash in December 2021. I am very very nervous. Any tips? i know i have a long journey ahead and i haven't told anyone that i am having it. 

Thanks

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

ND Australia

Thanks for sharing your journey mate. Interesting what he said about FUE for finer hairs. I've never heard that before.

I'm hoping to get him to redo my hairline once we can travel again. I was thinking of FUT since I'm younger but might opt for FUE.

• Administrators
On 4/20/2021 at 10:31 PM, NDAustralia said:

Here we are at 9 months post op from my 2600 graft FUT procedure with Dr Vikram Jayaprakash at The Knusden Clinic in Melbourne, Australia.

The usual:

Finasteride 1mg 3x per week.
Minoxidil 5% (Currently liquid) once, sometimes twice a day.
Usually good diet, lots of exercise.

Things to note this month:

It may not seem much different from my 8 month update but I feel like my transplanted hair has absolutely started feeling more like my native.

Individual hair follicles are definitely thickening up every week.

I can't see it changing much more from here, I might skip the next few months until the 12 month mark but who knows.

As always, any comments, critiques or questions are more than welcome!

0aQ5rBIQ.jpeg

7nX1C5UI.jpeg

B5wCIjZQ.jpeg

EvvE14tA.jpeg

iwKb8Gt4.jpeg

ZICDNRQQ.jpeg

zoBW-4sI.jpeg

ztKb-I8E.jpeg

You sorta look like Matt dominance, great results 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Registered an account to say thanks for all the info @NDAustralia and everyone else who contributed. The results look fantastic!!

I am considering a procedure with Dr Vikram. I had not come across the controversies and only knew of him from YT, thus held him in super high esteem. On top of this Knudsen was recommended to me by a competitor. But, Vikram isn't with Knudsen anymore. Overall my experience of the industry is it is filled with used car salesmen types. (at least the pre-op stage) I just want an honest appraisal and quote, but they all just keep putting their foot in it. From misunderstandings, fake reviews, quoting hairs instead of grafts, having really unhelpful and misleading before/after pics, dodgy pricing models with last minute specials, etc..

Anyway this thread was a gem and hopefully I'll find plenty more on this site!

Edited by Harlo

2 hours ago, Harlo said:

Registered an account to say thanks for all the info @NDAustralia and everyone else who contributed. The results look fantastic!!

I am considering a procedure with Dr Vikram. I had not come across the controversies and only knew of him from YT, thus held him in super high esteem. On top of this Knudsen was recommended to me by a competitor. But, Vikram isn't with Knudsen anymore. Overall my experience of the industry is it is filled with used car salesmen types. (at least the pre-op stage) I just want an honest appraisal and quote, but they all just keep putting their foot in it. From misunderstandings, fake reviews, quoting hairs instead of grafts, having really unhelpful and misleading before/after pics, dodgy pricing models with last minute specials, etc..

Anyway this thread was a gem and hopefully I'll find plenty more on this site!

What controversies?

1 hour ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

What controversies?

People say to Google him and some stuff comes up about him during his time in New Zealand but there's nothing imo personally that says he's done something incredibly controversial when it comes to actual ability for hair transplants. Moreso people see it as a smear on his integrity i guess for some things and carte blanche it. 

Personally i think OP has had a fantastic looking result and that's what needs to be the focus because i know people say Australia does not have anybody good at all and to travel abroad, but looks like the result here can at least help those who might not be willing to travel. 

I came across Vikram and Knudsen on The Hair Loss Show on YouTube and would binge it. I didn't know they had split but i'm sure each feels necessary to spread their wings out themselves. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2022 at 8:37 PM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Thanks bro, I had a look. Definitely casts him in a negative light

Yeah it's certainly not a good look, I just can't think of a valid excuse or mistake that would justify doing that - young and dumb perhaps. But I figure his work on YouTube and 10 years clean record has earned him a second chance from me..

Although.. where he is working now, the other surgeon has recently (last year or so) been in trouble and had to pay a large fine for incorrect prescribing of testosterone. (if I remember correctly)

I am wondering if its the bad boys club over there, lol. Haven't looked into the other names yet, bit scared to, if I'm honest.

It has certainly given me pause.. if their salesperson hadn't been the best of the lot that I have spoken to (and without the YT content to back it up), then I'd be running right now!

Anyway I am yet to make a final decision. Not interested in travelling O/S or even to NSW, just want to get it done in Melbourne.

Edited by Harlo