Dr Vikram Jayaprakash- FUT Procedure 20th July 2020: 2600 grafts.

NDAustralia

Now this is some of the pictures I love to see. Good quality close ups that show the 100% truth about your hair transplant and I must say, this looks pretty incredible. Curly hair definitely gives you favors in terms of density! Hairline is reconstructed really nicely too with nice micro-irregularities. 

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

54 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

Now this is some of the pictures I love to see. Good quality close ups that show the 100% truth about your hair transplant and I must say, this looks pretty incredible. Curly hair definitely gives you favors in terms of density! Hairline is reconstructed really nicely too with nice micro-irregularities. 

Thanks Rolandas!

I get really annoyed when people aren't posting accurate photos, just taking photos from further away in favourable lighting without doing hairline closeups. It doesn't help anybody and might make people think their own results aren't good enough.

I love the design of the hairline and the micro-irregularities, the only thing as you can see in the closeups is there's a couple of double grafts including the one at the VERY front of the hairline haha.

16 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Checking the last pics you posted it would appear this had been a really good growth period. Thanks for the update. This is heading to be a excellent result no question 👏

Cheers John,

Really appreciate your input!

• Like 1

Looking awesome mate.  So thick now!  How did the 6 month check up go with Dr Vikram?  Did he say anything regarding the double grafts at the front? To be fair, no-one would notice that tho. I've had a consult with Dr Vikram as well and seems good - just can't see much online evidence of his FUE procedures so holding back.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

This last month is a big boost in growth. Your hair characteristics Nik are a hair transplant patient's dream. Great for added density and doesn't contrast strongly against your own scalp. By 12 months this is going to be a home run. You will be hard pressed to find that scar also for the reasons I mentioned. Incredibly natural and with even more good growth ahead of you! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Thank you both so much for your contributions @Rui& @Gatsbyit means a lot getting feedback from you guys on this thread.

Rui, when I brought it up from memory he said that even in nature you do get occurrences of double hairs in the hairline which is true but it's still a mistake. Luckily it isn't such  big deal for my hair as it's all over the place anyway. If it were straight and fine hair then it would stand out a lot more.
As for his FUE work, he has been doing a lot lately which he's been sharing on his instagram stories. I'm sure he's just as competent at FUE but he's old school and prefers patients do do FUT for their first procedure to save their donor area, especially guys in their 20s.

Gatsby, Thank you for the continued support and interest in my thread! I agree, it should only improve from here on out and by 12 months it will be looking really good. As for the scar, I don't even think about it because I don't wear my hair with a fade, the lowest I go is a #5 which you can't see the scar anyway. If I do another procedure I'll do FUE/DHI and potentially get some grafts in the scar for peace of mind.

Cheers guys!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Alright here we are with my 8 month progress photos! Can't believe how quickly this has come around and what a huge weight has lifted off my chest since having this procedure done. Although it's not perfect and I'll likely need another HT before I'm satisfied it's been an absolute life changing experience for the better.

Things to note this month:

Firstly, I accidently ordered liquid minoxidil instead of foam so I thought I'd use it. Definitely makes your hair very greasy as is shown in these pics where I'd just applied it half an hour earlier.

Not much overall visual change. I'm sure the hairs are still thickening and the odd third hair has popped out of a double etc but it's definitely coming toward the end of the process in my opinion.

I've seen this written a bit online and it's certainly true for me that the transplanted hair is darker than my native hair there was. No idea about this one haha.

I took these pics in some great lighting and some room lighting to show the disparity in how it looks and how people online seem to only post the photos that make their results look better than they actually are which doesn't help anyone.

That's about it!

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have as well as any comments or critiques.

02uVeHTY.jpeg

4hr4E1tU.jpeg

6SqfTn74.jpeg

13LnmLTw.jpeg

aVUUx9RI.jpeg

bIvFsFBE.jpeg

EIngVJ7w.jpeg

gvCrV0Us.jpeg

Ja_NJy-E.jpeg

JQ3ZHCjs.jpeg

KpjJ3u7Q.jpeg

QDivSMcc.jpeg

Edited by NDAustralia
Photos didn't upload in correct size.
  • Like 1

Insane result for only 2600 grafts, considering you were almost completely bald on top. Do you know what your hair/graft average was? Your hair characteristics and color contrast must be helping as well. In your next update, I'd love to see a picture of you parting the hair to show the true density - try to make it look as bad as possible :D 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Insane result for only 2600 grafts, considering you were almost completely bald on top. Do you know what your hair/graft average was? Your hair characteristics and color contrast must be helping as well. In your next update, I'd love to see a picture of you parting the hair to show the true density - try to make it look as bad as possible :D 

I'll try and find all the statistics out for you but safe to say my hair is at the higher end of the micron range.

I can definitely do a photo like that for you!

• Valued Contributor

I went back to your first posts Nik and today your hair is like night and day! You can't see the scar and your crown and vertex look really full! Congratulations on the wait. You still have more months ahead you. You have the perfect hair to skin color and hair quality for a perfectly natural result!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

I couldn't agree more! Full coverage over a large surface for such few grafts!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 5:12 PM, Gatsby said:

I went back to your first posts Nik and today your hair is like night and day! You can't see the scar and your crown and vertex look really full! Congratulations on the wait. You still have more months ahead you. You have the perfect hair to skin color and hair quality for a perfectly natural result!

Thanks again for your input throughout the entire process mate, it is much appreciated!

Looks unreal mate!  Such a massive difference.  And brilliant to hear it's been a life changing experience for you. I can only imagine the positive impact it has had on your confidence, and that's definitely worth much more than what you paid...

The middle needs bringing forward a bit I think.

Excuse the crudity of the pic on the right.  I only have Windows Paint to work with, but you get the idea.

front.jpeg.e756e124695dddfda238aedf135e97c4.jpeg

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

On 4/4/2021 at 1:49 AM, 1978matt said:

The middle needs bringing forward a bit I think.

Excuse the crudity of the pic on the right.  I only have Windows Paint to work with, but you get the idea.

front.jpeg.e756e124695dddfda238aedf135e97c4.jpeg

I appreciate your input but disagree on this one.

I've never had a widows peak hairline, even when receeding it was fairly uniform. If anything I'd keep the same design but lower it a touch and potentially get some temple work done.

1 hour ago, NDAustralia said:

I've never had a widows peak hairline, even when receeding it was fairly uniform. If anything I'd keep the same design but lower it a touch and potentially get some temple work done.

If you have the grafts available to do so, then fair enough - because recreating your temple points and lowering your hairline 1-2cm will use up at least 1500-2000 grafts. 

What Matt has suggested is a subtle way of improving the aesthetic, without haemorrhaging additional graft usage. 

You have great coverage compared to where you started off, but I agree that some refinement of the hairline will finish this result off nicely, whichever direction you choose to take. 

3 hours ago, NDAustralia said:

It's more of front forelock rather than a widows peak.  A widows peak example is Chris Hemsworth or Colin farrell.

But go with whatever floats your boat.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day