3000 grafts FUE by Dr.Hasson

Ben123

Your recovery and the state of your scalp is next level. And your results are coming in so quickly that you're pretty much bypassing the "ugly duckling but just be patient" phase altogether. Lol. Congrats!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Your recovery and the state of your scalp is next level. And your results are coming in so quickly that you're pretty much bypassing the "ugly duckling but just be patient" phase altogether. Lol. Congrats!

@Melvin-Moderator (((Care to delete this double post for me? I can't figure out how to do it! :))) 

Edited by pkipling

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

1 hour ago, pkipling said:

Thanks! But sadly the heavy shedding started at around the 3 weeks mark, so currently shedding over 100 hairs a day. It still looks decent but more patchy, can't wait to reach the growth phase.

1 month update

Still shedding and entering the ugly duckling phase. Started getting a few pimples, clinic told me to use a clean pin to pierce them and gently squeeze. Did you guys experience pimples at the recipient area as well? Some of the transplanted hairs also lay flat on the skin so I assume they are ready to shed and will after a few more washes.

Seeing a few hairs popping out at a buzzed down length at the recipient area, are those just transplanted hairs that broke near the skin without shedding or new hairs already growing that early?

As for my donor area seems to be on track but you can kinda see the outline of the area the hairs were harvested, hoping by the 1 year mark that it will be completely unnoticeable when buzzed to similar length as now. 

20201214_144622.jpg

20201214_151110.jpg

20201214_154309.jpg

Edited by Ben123

• Administrators

Everything is looking great 👍🏼 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/14/2020 at 2:35 PM, Ben123 said:

1 month update

Still shedding and entering the ugly duckling phase. Started getting a few pimples, clinic told me to use a clean pin to pierce them and gently squeeze. Did you guys experience pimples at the recipient area as well? Some of the transplanted hairs also lay flat on the skin so I assume they are ready to shed and will after a few more washes.

Seeing a few hairs popping out at a buzzed down length at the recipient area, are those just transplanted hairs that broke near the skin without shedding or new hairs already growing that early?

As for my donor area seems to be on track but you can kinda see the outline of the area the hairs were harvested, hoping by the 1 year mark that it will be completely unnoticeable when buzzed to similar length as now. 

1. The pimples in the recipient area are completely normal, and also where most of mine showed up. 

2. Those very would could be transplanted hairs, or they could be native hairs just growing back. In my experience, it helped me to not overanalyze these things too much (as it ultimately doesn't matter) and they would typically result in me being hyper-obsessed on wanting the results to hurry up. "Everything will grow when it grows" is something I just kept reminding myself, and it really did help put it out of my mind and trust the process. (I also wore a hat a lot so I wasn't tempted to examine it every time I walked past a mirror. Lol)

3. The donor will almost definitely continue to improve over time, and what you're describing is normal and expected. It will most likely continue to even itself back out over the next 12-18 months or so. 

And for what it's worth, remember that you're further along today in the process than you were yesterday... And another day closer to seeing those incredible results you're after. In a way, the anticipation leading up to that will make it all the more sweeter when it happens. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

7 weeks update.

Not much changed in the recipient area other than last bits of shedding, don't notice any more shedding now. Decided to give myself a haircut to see how donor area looks now so buzzed it super short to 2 mm length and also added photos of donor right before my haircut.

@pkipling thanks for the great reply, doing my best not to check the progress too often lol.

20210110_152217.jpg

20210110_152223.jpg

20210110_152336.jpg

20210108_154714.jpg

20210108_152320.jpg

20210107_194105.jpg

20210107_194056.jpg

20210107_194058.jpg

Ben what was the density Dr. Hasson was trying to achieve on your hairline? Typically, 45-50 grafts / cm^2 is the target for the 50% illusion of density metric. You had quite a bit of hair there already (albeit miniaturized), so I am a bit surprised he went all the way to 3000 grafts for 1-1.5 inches of hairline distance. 

6 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Ben what was the density Dr. Hasson was trying to achieve on your hairline? Typically, 45-50 grafts / cm^2 is the target for the 50% illusion of density metric. You had quite a bit of hair there already (albeit miniaturized), so I am a bit surprised he went all the way to 3000 grafts for 1-1.5 inches of hairline distance. 

Honestly I'm not sure what the density was exactly I know it was dense packed, I asked the clinic recently but was told he doesn't normally document the hairs per cm^2 transplanted so they couldn't give me the exact amount sadly. Originally I wanted to do both the front and the crown but he said doing the crown at its current state would be a mistake because all the hairs are still there but just miniaturized and I just started with finastaride so better to let it work on the crown and see how well it improves while fully rebuilding the front and suggested 3000 grafts to make it completely full while mentioning I have an above average donor area with over 100 hairs per cm^2

1 minute ago, Ben123 said:

Honestly I'm not sure what the density was exactly I know it was dense packed, I asked the clinic recently but was told he doesn't normally document the hairs per cm^2 transplanted so they couldn't give me the exact amount sadly. Originally I wanted to do both the front and the crown but he said doing the crown at its current state would be a mistake because all the hairs are still there but just miniaturized and I just started with finastaride so better to let it work on the crown and see how well it improves while fully rebuilding the front and suggested 3000 grafts to make it completely full while mentioning I have an above average donor area with over 100 hairs per cm^2

If you just started on Finasteride I feel that you should see much improvement in about a year's time and you wl be happy you didn't end up getting your crown done at this time. If you have no sides just remain consistent with Finasteride it does work really well.

Another month or so and you should hopefully start to see some growth kick in.

22 minutes ago, deitel130 said:

If you just started on Finasteride I feel that you should see much improvement in about a year's time and you wl be happy you didn't end up getting your crown done at this time. If you have no sides just remain consistent with Finasteride it does work really well.

Another month or so and you should hopefully start to see some growth kick in.

Yeah I really hope so since the crown bothers me just as much. I started finastaride 4 months before the surgery with 1mg 3 times a week and after surgery went up to 5 times a week so for now it's been almost 6 months on it with no sides luckily. There's a lot of hairs that still barely grew since surgery but hopefully they will soon and cover everything up.

20210111_125424.jpg

1 hour ago, Ben123 said:

Yeah I really hope so since the crown bothers me just as much. I started finastaride 4 months before the surgery with 1mg 3 times a week and after surgery went up to 5 times a week so for now it's been almost 6 months on it with no sides luckily. There's a lot of hairs that still barely grew since surgery but hopefully they will soon and cover everything up.

20210111_125424.jpg

It normally takes about a year to see a noticeable difference. I had started Finasteride many years ago about 6 months prior toy surgery and I noticed a difference in my crown. 

• Administrators

The donor looks impeccable, the fun lies ahead 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

You’ve already got some growth going, very impressive. It’s gonna be a fun few months 👏🏼

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

Adding some different perspective pics, looks like my left side is filling in faster than the right side but for just 4 months I'm very happy with the progress so far. Also seeing a bit of improvement in the crown area from finasteride but it's very minor so far.

20210318_142149.jpg

20210318_142143.jpg

20210318_143225.jpg

20210318_143801.jpg

• Administrators

Wow the fun is beginning 🎉

View my thread

Thanks! I don't recall if he said hairs or grafts per cm but I think it was grafts because he mentioned that I have an above average donor and after my transplant I'll have an additional 5000 grafts for future transplants if needed which I will go back to do for my crown unless it improves a lot during the next few months from finasteride. As for the punch hole size if I recall correctly it was .85