3000 grafts FUE by Dr.Hasson

Ben123

Hi looking for opinions I seem to have a small patch of thinning area which I circled in the pics that I noticed last month or so on the donor area but not where extractions took place and also on my temple in the same side while the other side had no change. Waiting on an answer from the clinic on what they think but Dr.Hasson is away for a few weeks.

Screenshot_20210708-113218_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-113118_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-113009_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-113338_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-113439_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-113730_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-113807_Gallery.jpg

55 minutes ago, Mark Wolfer said:

I'm guessing that thinning doesn't have anything to do with your hair transplant.

I was told that I have retrograde alopecia on the sides and near my temples. Have you asked the H&W clinic about it yet?

Yeah I asked but Dr.Hasson is away for a few weeks so they said he will get back to me then. I also don't think its due to the hair transplant. Its weird it suddenly showed up only on 1 side last month when my donor area was always super strong, never though I'd have to worry about my donor area.

• Administrators

Could be alopecia areata.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Some folks have slight density losses in that area as is and it is natural.  You can try, after talking to your doctor, a little rogain foam to stimulate growth.  Some people general itch that area or twist hairs there out if habits, wearing glasses also compresses that zone with traction little bit too.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:27 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Could be alopecia areata.

Hope it turns out to be a temporary issue, waiting till Dr.Hasson gets back to me and if I see it gets worse before he does I'll go see a dermatologist  

On 7/15/2021 at 12:55 AM, Sean said:

Some folks have slight density losses in that area as is and it is natural.  You can try, after talking to your doctor, a little rogain foam to stimulate growth.  Some people general itch that area or twist hairs there out if habits, wearing glasses also compresses that zone with traction little bit too.

Yeah but its just on 1 side and appeared suddenly around a month and a half ago so don't think it's any of the things you listed (don't wear glasses or itch/twist the area) as for rogain I waa advised by Dr.Hasson to not use it but I will ask him about it for that area. Thanks for the reply.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Ben123 said:

8 months update 

20210716_132543.jpg

20210716_141040.jpg

Damn what a difference 

CB7D9D01-CF0E-4A79-B1F2-E2A38DF86892.jpeg

I wouldn’t be too worried about the small patch, if its AA it’ll resolve on its own. If you’re in Vancouver Dr. Hasson can probably give you a steroid injection. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if the small patch by your temple has resolved itself yet or not, but holy smokes - your results are so incredible that it almost doesn't matter. Your hair looks fantastic, and I doubt anyone would even notice the small bit of thinning that you see. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 1 month later...

10 months updates

I got a buzz cut last month so didn't update, regarding the small patch it has filled in and hoping it stays that way lol.

Added a pic from a different angle which shows the weaker area and a pic of the crown which I booked a 2nd surgery with Dr.Hasson to address the crown on march 2022, he recommends 2000 grafts for my crown area not sure about the mid scalp was told its just for the crown area and under the impression he thinks the mid scalp is fine as it is and no need to address it at this point.

20210917_131414.jpg

20210917_131421.jpg

20210917_131426.jpg

20210917_131436.jpg

20210917_021231.jpg

11 hours ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

How do you position the camera to take these quality pics? I'd like to do the same but can't figure out how to set my camera - i have an iphone pro 12 max

Thanks! @Ben123

Hi I just use my phone front facing camera and take the pictures close to my hair at different angles. Using a galaxy s20+ phone

• 2 months later...

1 year update

My second surgery moved up to next week and will be estimated to 4000 grafts total 2000 for crown and 2000 for mid scalp will probably open another thread for the second surgery.

20211121_234650.jpg

20211121_234700.jpg

20211121_234704.jpg