3000 grafts FUE by Dr.Hasson

Ben123

5 months progress, so far going pretty good seeing improvements each week. My left side is progressing faster and looks fuller, still have a few small spots that seem like there's no new hairs popping out from. Hoping new hairs will start popping out from those spots soon. Recently buzzed my hair because I wanted to see the progress without native hairs covering up. Until which month do you usually see new transplanted hairs popping out?

20210415_155431.jpg

20210415_155435.jpg

20210415_155424.jpg

20210415_151929.jpg

20210415_151935.jpg

20210415_151938.jpg

• Administrators

It's starting to grow like wildfire, happy for you man 🙂

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Looking really good for 5 months out. Grafts will continue to break through until the 9 to 10th month approx! 👌

Awesome, can't wait to see the final result already!

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It's starting to grow like wildfire, happy for you man 🙂

Thanks man!

• 1 month later...

6 months update. Things are progressing well so far but right side is still weaker compared to my left side so hoping there's still new hairs that will pop out and for that side to catch up.

Adding a lot of pics today of wet and dry hair under harsh bathroom light and dry hair under normal light.

20210516_112745.jpg

20210516_112740.jpg

20210516_112735.jpg

20210516_120036.jpg

20210516_120032.jpg

20210516_120029.jpg

20210516_120151.jpg

20210516_120127.jpg

20210516_120756.jpg

Edited by Ben123

1 hour ago, Mark Wolfer said:

Fantastic result bro and only half way there... congrats on this great work by Dr. Hasson.

How's the crown coming in with the fin?

Are you still off of minox?

Thanks! Hoping it will even out and right side will be as good as the left side. 

Crown is about the same kinda hard to tell but most times when I pass my hand through my hair I see a few hairs falling off around 1-5 not sure if that's normal or further hairloss.. so far been on it for 10 months and still off minox. I'll probably go back to get my crown done as well, according to Dr.Hasson I should have another 5000 grafts roughly for further transplants.

Btw I saw on your post that you switched from fin to dut how long ago did you make the switch and are you noticing any difference from the switch?

Edited by Ben123

3 minutes ago, Mark Wolfer said:

Yeah your donor area is so strong you should feel good about harvesting for the crown. Would you want Dr. Hasson again, or would you ask for Dr. Wong given his reputation for crown work?

re: dutasteride I can't say I saw much or any regrowth vs. what fin was doing already but it's hard to tell. I think both fin and duta pretty much stalled further hair loss, and dutasteride is just a better insurance policy for me given that it blocks both enzymes and I don't have sides with either of them.

Leaning towards Dr. Hasson since the results so far are great but not sure. When the time comes I'll ask to consult with both and check out crown work from both and see what each recommends to do for the crown.

I see did you still notice a few hairs on your hands when you run them through your hair when dry or wet? (From before the operation since its all buzzed off now lol)

5 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

on a scale of 1-10 how happy would you say you are with the results so far? I am past 6 months myself and I would say have a similar result as you so far. hoping there's more left

Hmm on my left side I'd say I'm 9 out of 10 happy it looks almost completely full no matter which angle or lighting and on the right side 7 out of 10 on some angle and lighting it looks less full so if my right side will fill up like my left side and the left side will fill in a tiny bit more I'd say 10 out of 10 which I sure hope for that to happen lol :) which month are you on so far?

13 minutes ago, Mark Wolfer said:

I'd occasionally notice the odd hair here and there, but it was part of normal hair cycle I think, and really low numbers.

I'll probably be following a few months behind you when it comes to a crown transplant so I'll be interested to see what you decide.

I think I'm over focusing on it since I try running my hand through in the shower multiple times and counting how many hairs stick each time 😅 which I should stop doing probably. 

Did Dr. Hasson give you an estimate on how many grafts you'll need for the crown? To me he said it's better to wait until a year passes and then see how well fin worked and go from there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Wolfer said:

We didn't speculate on how many grafts would be needed for the crown. I was clear that I wanted to work on my front third first and he agrees my crown is light but we can look at it later on. He thinks I still have plenty of donor available for another surgery, I didn't get an estimate of what is available but he said there's thousands left for future work.

I have a weak mid area too so I'm probably going to need to go less dense on future transplants and I'm considering SMP to give an illusion of a thicker mid / crown area. Possibly will put some SMP into my donor area too depending on how it looks after a second surgery.

Sadly my mid area is also kinda weak my hair loss pattern is diffused and when my hair is short the weak mid area is showing a bit so I'll probably have to get work on it also or maybe go the smp route I'll see what Dr. Hasson says. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Holy COW! I know these are your results just after 6 months and you still have growing to do. But if this was a final result, I'd be unbelievable happy with it. 

This is going to be a 10/10 in 6 months time!

Thanks! Very happy so far and if my right side catches up to the left I will certainly think of it as a 10/10 results! I guess my hair greed is strong since Dr. Hasson is considered one of the best, I'm hoping and expecting the best especially with the price tag lol 

20 hours ago, Ben123 said:

Thanks! Very happy so far and if my right side catches up to the left I will certainly think of it as a 10/10 results! I guess my hair greed is strong since Dr. Hasson is considered one of the best, I'm hoping and expecting the best especially with the price tag lol 

How much did you pay per graft? I'm strongly considering H&W for my FUE surgery. 

15 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

How much did you pay per graft? I'm strongly considering H&W for my FUE surgery. 

They have a price calculator on their website, you just need to put in an amount of grafts and it'll give you a price

• Administrators

Ben my dude you’re looking insane for 6 months 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

32 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Ben my dude you’re looking insane for 6 months 🙌🏼

Thanks! Loving having an hairline again and can't wait for the full results!

30 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Looking really good for the mid way point ! I’m sure the right side will catch up 🙏

I really hope so! Took higher quality pics today with wet hair showing the difference in each side so far, looks even better dry obviously so really happy so far but would be 10/10 happy once the lagging side catches up!

20210520_135011.jpg

20210520_135008.jpg

20210520_135006.jpg

20210520_135001.jpg

20210520_134914.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

7 months update, not much changed got a haircut to show the donor with a 0.5 fade and the first picture is from a normal distance in normal lit room zoomed in to show the results in a non harsh light and super close picture lol

20210616_120924.jpg

20210616_115944.jpg

20210616_115939.jpg

20210616_115934.jpg

20210616_111702.jpg

20210616_111705.jpg

20210616_111712.jpg

20210616_111749.jpg

20210616_111756.jpg

20210616_111758.jpg

• Administrators

Looks Extraordinary 🙌🏼

View my thread