FUE Dr Bisanga 4203 grafts - 2999 Scalp/1204 Beard November 2020

Bailey99

So 1 month in now for the second procedure. Nothing major to report other than the shedding has started, a positive this time is that I haven't been hit with any shockloss.

20210713_184323.jpg

20210713_184329.jpg

20210713_184334.jpg

20210713_184342.jpg

Edited by Bailey99
  • Like 2

@Bailey99

Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you as always for your updates and honest and clear photographs.

At one month post surgery, more shedding may yet occur but based on the above photos and comparing them to pre and surgery, you are doing great.

I look forward to your further updates.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Congratulations on getting your 2nd procedure! It looks like they addressed that mid scalp area that was looking a little thin after you first surgery and I'm now really looking forward to seeing how this progresses over the next 6-12 months. That before and after comparison is going to be incredible.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Huncholini said:

Congratulations on getting your 2nd procedure! It looks like they addressed that mid scalp area that was looking a little thin after you first surgery and I'm now really looking forward to seeing how this progresses over the next 6-12 months. That before and after comparison is going to be incredible.

I’ve already told you about adding these covert digs on member threads. It’s quite obvious you have a problem with Bisanga. I have no idea why, but I will no longer tolerate these little digs on member journeys.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The approach to this case was very specific and tailored, advanced  loss and a weak donor in areas, so the placement was spread and really to not also exhaust the scalp donor Dr.Bisanga also added beard hair that as we know are mostly singles, and a fair percentage of the total is beard, so this makes also a difference to the overall effect and we have videos on body hair and also donor approach for preservation.

Dr.B planned to let the donor heal and we for the second surgery do a light pass and then move backwards and indeed did that with scalp hair also.

The placement photos also show we have not gone for high density and when you have more advanced loss and donor challenges then there is of course a different approach and not a carpet of hair all over. The patient's native donor you can see  is see-through in areas so we need to take into account all aspects. He doesn't have a carpet of hair even in the donor so there are challenges here that probably some would not see nor appreciate but assume a scenario that is not actually the narrative for the case.

So, education on specific cases is also important and not to stick to a one size fits all approach. We have many cases here that show a variety of approaches and excellent outcomes and very numerous and consistent also for genuine people to look and comment on. 

Hope helps! Onwards and upwards and thanks to the patient for sharing so far and the nice comments.

• Like 8

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

12 hours ago, sl said:

The approach to this case was very specific and tailored, advanced  loss and a weak donor in areas, so the placement was spread and really to not also exhaust the scalp donor Dr.Bisanga also added beard hair that as we know are mostly singles, and a fair percentage of the total is beard, so this makes also a difference to the overall effect and we have videos on body hair and also donor approach for preservation.

Dr.B planned to let the donor heal and we for the second surgery do a light pass and then move backwards and indeed did that with scalp hair also.

The placement photos also show we have not gone for high density and when you have more advanced loss and donor challenges then there is of course a different approach and not a carpet of hair all over. The patient's native donor you can see  is see-through in areas so we need to take into account all aspects. He doesn't have a carpet of hair even in the donor so there are challenges here that probably some would not see nor appreciate but assume a scenario that is not actually the narrative for the case.

So, education on specific cases is also important and not to stick to a one size fits all approach. We have many cases here that show a variety of approaches and excellent outcomes and very numerous and consistent also for genuine people to look and comment on. 

Hope helps! Onwards and upwards and thanks to the patient for sharing so far and the nice comments.

Brilliant explanation, that makes sense actually, really varies case by case and on donor quality. Thanks for this.

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ve already told you about adding these covert digs on member threads. It’s quite obvious you have a problem with Bisanga. I have no idea why, but I will no longer tolerate these little digs on member journeys.

Balanced comment = covert dig? Ridiculous. I no longer have any respect for your authority on this website, do whatever you wish. Maybe learn from Sl's reply.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Huncholini said:

Balanced comment = covert dig? Ridiculous. I no longer have any respect for your authority on this website, do whatever you wish. Maybe learn from Sl's reply.

Balanced comment is nonsense, a look in to your post history says it all. It’s no secret your goal is to create doubt, and you constantly give backhanded comments. It’s no different than walking up to someone and saying “great shirt, too bad you don’t have the figure yet.”

I lost all respect for you as a poster long ago. You bring nothing to the community. None of your posts are thoughtful or helpful. You benefit from seeing reviews and people putting themselves out there without doing it yourself. I’ve given you my second warning, there won’t be one next time. 

For the community to see I’m not making this up, just look at his history 

96BF8B9A-B79A-4B39-9194-8ED80BCEA095.jpeg351CB022-425E-4550-AFEA-B6E1079B68F7.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Balanced comment is nonsense, a look in to your post history says it all. It’s no secret your goal is to create doubt, and you constantly give backhanded comments. It’s no different than walking up to someone and saying “great shirt, too bad you don’t have the figure yet.”

I lost all respect for you as a poster long ago. You bring nothing to the community. None of your posts are thoughtful or helpful. You benefit from seeing reviews and people putting themselves out there without doing it yourself. I’ve given you my second warning, there won’t be one next time. 

For the community to see I’m not making this up, just look at his history 

96BF8B9A-B79A-4B39-9194-8ED80BCEA095.jpeg351CB022-425E-4550-AFEA-B6E1079B68F7.jpeg

I don't care for your warnings, do whatever you want. There's nothing wrong with asking the questions I have asked in my history, not every comment has to be a ridiculously unconstructive and exaggerated like "OMG HOME RUN AMAZING", in fact those don't really help much at all. I wouldn't be surprised if people have benefited more from the answers provided to my questions than they have from you commenting "OMG AMAZING" on every thread.

The reason I post mostly on Bisanga threads is because I'm interested in a Bisanga transplant. If I go to that clinic I'm well within my rights to ask about their graft distribution and how they handle cases where results might not meet expectations. None of the posts I've made are slanderous or defamatory. Every prospective patient will have their concerns and they are are well within their rights to ask questions in a straight forward way instead of having to sugar coat everything to appease you.

Is that not the purpose of this forum? It's to help people find the right clinic for their transplant at the end of the day. Maybe you should take a leaf out of the clinic's book, look at how they respond to questions like mine.

"You benefit from seeing reviews and people putting themselves out there without doing it yourself." -> this is just ridiculous tbh, I've said before I'll be happy to make a post once I have my transplant, this is not something one does every week, so I'm not sure what you expect here.

I'd prefer this thread be about Bailey's journey, so I won't be dignifying any more of your tripe with a response from here on out. My inbox is open if you wish to proceed in a civil manner.

• Like 1

At Huncholini, I am glad the reply was of help and it is often the dynamic of questions or comments that can bring this about. 

We are used to a lot of questions and are not only active in posting cases but also in answering, live insta, producing videos and articles and indeed commenting on cases not related to us at all, in order to genuinely assist the forum users and it is not just about self promotion. 

I used to take a very well known bus in Rome, the 64 that goes to the Vatican area and many were on it for the ride as it was a tourist area, some were on it for the pickings and to benefit from tourists and some were on it for the arresting of the pick pockets, so in essence everyone had a motive to be on it and more so regularly. 

Forums can be like this, regular users have motives, like the tourists, most are benevolent, some are malevolent and some are looking out to spot the difference. In other words, something brings them to it and not all will have good motive and like a CCTV will show a picture and a track like posting history is really helpful to look at to get a picture, it can be grainy and inconclusive or it can be very evident and obvious of the style of individuals.

Melvin as the moderator will have different motives, duties and inputs to the forum to us as clinics and indeed ours is different to users. He for example would not have been able to answer the way in which I did in terms of knowledge to this case as he is not privy to the information until it is divulged here, so he will have a different view and concerns and we ourselves will not have the information he has about the forum running and some of the user aspects.

In short, all of us, clinics, users and moderator want a decent open and honest platform that is also safe for patients to post in and one that will give genuine help and education.  Believe me the patients who post their cases are really a very small fraction of the overall number of patients for any clinic, they are not paid, they are nervous at times, vulnerable to opinion, scared of being recognised and their motive is to give back, they have no renumeration at all and post because firstly,  they are grateful to the forum and the users who helped them in their own decision and to predecessors who have posted and secondly they are genuinely grateful to the clinic whom they paid and trusted for the surgery.  Without their consent we really have no forum and no cases because education and Insta and videos et al are all so well and good, but without the product then it is a menu with no food.

Melvin has to uphold this and to challenge from historical content at times users posting habits, some may be genuine and it an extension of how they are and for others there are motives and then rightly so it needs to be challenged. We have seen a good number of shills here come and go and to the point a thread was made on it with the tell tale signs to look for that are pretty much consistent with the reality.

I have been on forums for many years and Melvin has certainly brought this forum up, his own work is evident to see on all of the above mentioned things such as videos, interviews, newsletters, articles and comments and has been open and honest with his own case and made himself vulnerable also.

So, for me personally we welcome genuine questions and as said it gives us an opportunity to further reply and educate and at times even learn, but we do hope in all sincerity that people will realise the purpose of this forum is to above all help and support people in their own struggles and or surgery. Many here are hidden and safe, the majority in-fact, so let’s corporately honour people who have posted, and from any clinic, and be supportive of them and mindful that they have made a decision that others were not willing to do.

I hope this will not hijack this thread and that the patient who has been wonderful, will continue to allow updates.

Sorry for the length of this, at least I hope it was interesting!
Edited by sl
  • Like 5

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• Administrators

The pattern is clear as day, and I posted receipts. Genuine prospective patients do not behave like you, either you like the work or you don’t. There are several clinics to choose from and a way to question things without throwing digs at genuine patient reviews. There’s absolutely no need to post digs on patient threads, and yes they are digs and well-evidenced by your posting history above. 

Here’s an example, he didn’t go and start throwing digs at every Konior patients thread.

All in all, you bring no value to the community, quite the opposite in fact. Patients who are actually sharing their experience won’t want to come back and defend themselves. Saying your digs are of value is laughable. You don’t have to care about my warnings, but you do have to adhere to them or you’ll be gone. Posting is a privilege, not a right.

onwards and upwards,

• Like 2

View my thread

58 minutes ago, sl said:

In short, all of us, clinics, users and moderator want a decent open and honest platform that is also safe for patients to post in and one that will give genuine help and education.

Yes, totally agree, turning every thread in an echo chamber of praise is not conducive to this however.

IMO it should be perfectly acceptable for a user to write comments like "This area looks a little thin at present", "This doesn't look like a good result for x number of grafts", "Why are the grafts placed in such an such a pattern".

Indeed this should be a safe place for patients to post, but I don't believe it helps the patient either when every comment needs to be sugar coated to be considered appropriate, this just ends up misleading the patient. In the end the patient probably wants a genuine opinion of what his progress/result looks like (so long as it's constructive/beneficial of course, I'm not advocating offensive or spiteful messages here). I know, at the very least, in my case, if I post a photo I would want genuine feedback/opinions.

59 minutes ago, sl said:

Melvin has to uphold this and to challenge from historical content at times users posting habits, some may be genuine and it an extension of how they are and for others there are motives and then rightly so it needs to be challenged.

Again, I totally agree, I'm happy to be challenged about the comments I'm making, I'm yet to see any merit in arguments against my posts however. Nothing I post is slanderous or defamatory, they are genuine questions coming from a prospective patient.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Huncholini said:

Yes, totally agree, turning every thread in an echo chamber of praise is not conducive to this however.

IMO it should be perfectly acceptable for a user to write comments like "This area looks a little thin at present", "This doesn't look like a good result for x number of grafts", "Why are the grafts placed in such an such a pattern".

Indeed this should be a safe place for patients to post, but I don't believe it helps the patient either when every comment needs to be sugar coated to be considered appropriate, this just ends up misleading the patient. In the end the patient probably wants a genuine opinion of what his progress/result looks like (so long as it's constructive/beneficial of course, I'm not advocating offensive or spiteful messages here). I know, at the very least, in my case, if I post a photo I would want genuine feedback/opinions.

Again, I totally agree, I'm happy to be challenged about the comments I'm making, I'm yet to see any merit in arguments against my posts however. Nothing I post is slanderous or defamatory, they are genuine questions coming from a prospective patient.

This forum is far from an echo-chamber. In fact, we're one of the only places that host negative reviews publicly. A forum that allows open discussion about any surgeon.

However, we are popular because of reviews. That is the bread and butter of our site. The moment people no longer feel comfortable sharing their reviews, is the moment this forum dies, and that’s not gonna happen. There is a time and place for everything, including discussions about density, graft placement, etc. Patient reviews are not one of them.

I gave you a chance, even posted an example of how to post about concerns regarding a particular surgeon on the forum, but in your words “you don’t care” so our forum is not for you. 

Op sorry this has de-railed your review. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

View my thread

17 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The pattern is clear as day, and I posted receipts. Genuine prospective patients do not behave like you, either you like the work or you don’t. There are several clinics to choose from and a way to question things without throwing digs at genuine patient reviews. There’s absolutely no need to post digs on patient threads, and yes they are digs and well-evidenced by your posting history above. 

Here’s an example, he didn’t go and start throwing digs at every Konior patients thread.

All in all, you bring no value to the community, quite the opposite in fact. Patients who are actually sharing their experience won’t want to come back and defend themselves. Saying your digs are of value is laughable. You don’t have to care about my warnings, but you do have to adhere to them or you’ll be gone. Posting is a privilege, not a right.

onwards and upwards,

I'm not sure why my  Post was published on this discussion...

Is it a problem to expose freely our opinion regarding some surgeons's cases by discussing concrete facts ?

I published 1 post and did 1 or 2 remarks regarding some Konior patients cases, and it seems I am being accused of "throwing digs at every Konior patients thread". That seems ridiculous and over reacted.

We all have different perception from the different cases and we all the right to express, in the respect of others, I believe without starting to point at others users.

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, michelshanghai said:

I'm not sure why my  Post was published on this discussion...

Is it a problem to expose freely our opinion regarding some surgeons's cases by discussing concrete facts ?

I published 1 post and did 1 or 2 remarks regarding some Konior patients cases, and it seems I am being accused of "throwing digs at every Konior patients thread". That seems ridiculous and over reacted.

We all have different perception from the different cases and we all the right to express, in the respect of others, I believe without starting to point at others users.

I posted your thread as an example on how to voice concerns about a particular surgeon. Please keep all discussions on your thread, this thread has been de-railed enough thank you. 

View my thread

• 1 month later...

@Bailey99
Thank you for the update. Im sure many will have been waiting for this one.

Things are looking very positive and promising. I can see early growth showing in your crown which is great at only 3 months post surgery. Im looking forward to your next updates over the next months as things continue to evolve and you have some exciting times ahead.

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 2

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

1 year on from the first procedure and and 5 months on from the second. One side is stronger than the other at the moment but hoping it improves, going by the progress from the first procedure I don't seem to be one of the lucky ones who see great growth after 4 - 5 months. Overall however, I am very happy with progress when you compare back to where I started from.

20211110_133825.thumb.jpg.2dca09fca6e1331a2dab25683b9dc272.jpg

20211110_132359.thumb.jpg.5a8e1415f15eff183a13edc6c6f03ef7.jpg20211110_132427.thumb.jpg.e58bf0b588afaa71ebdca0fe47582bde.jpg20211110_132444.thumb.jpg.66a9e66df6ae54d9cfce9ff34ba53cef.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks as always for your update @Bailey99

You have come a long way since the beginning and at only 5 months post your second surgery there is more to be expected over the next months.

With crown restoration, as the placing angles of follicles change mimicking the natural "swirl" of the crown, it generally takes longer to appreciate growth as scalp is still visible in between these changes of hair direction. 
As growth and hair cycles evolve over the next months, the entire recipient area will continue to see improvement Bailey.

Thanks for your documentation and your honest updates.

I look forward to your next one.

• Administrators

Personally, I think you would get a better illusion of density with longer hair. It looks absolutely excellent compared to pre-op photos. 

• Like 3

View my thread