FUE Dr Bisanga 4203 grafts - 2999 Scalp/1204 Beard November 2020

Bailey99

1 hour ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Yes you're super early on but you can see the growth and the beard hairs seem to have mixed well with the scalp hair even now. 

+1 on the beard pic

What's your subjective opinion on the beard after the procedure? Are the scars visible, can you not let the beard grow any more/do you need to have the beard to hide the scars? I never really understood how it works when beard is used as donor, probably depends on the person

I don't think any scarring is visible, I'll get some photos up once I've shaved. 

No problems growing the beard, you would not notice that 1000 grafts have been taken from it. 

Earlier on I was a bit concerned that they would not blend in well but as i've grown the hair they have started to blend in. I have gone back to the office this week and people just think I've grown out my hair, most comment that they didn't realise i had any hairs to grow. My story for them is that growing out my hair has encouraged me to tackle my crown so have been open that I'm going to get a transplant in the summer. The reactions are very good, one guy came to me and told me he had a job done himself just before he joined the company. I would never have known otherwise.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the pics.

You can’t tell that something was done indeed. There seem to be some areas with fewer hairs so perhaps one can guess that’s where the hairs were taken from but no scars and that is really good. You probably have at least a thousand more beard hairs left?

• Thanks 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

On 2/11/2021 at 10:22 PM, Bailey99 said:

20210211_221719.jpg

20210211_221945.jpg

20210211_221751.jpg

Great close up photos. Clearly showing how well you have healed. Beard healing is generally very favorable and occurs faster than donor healing due to the natural characteristics and properties of the beard area and skin. Looking great.

Edited by Raphael84
  • Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators
On 2/11/2021 at 2:22 PM, Bailey99 said:

20210211_221719.jpg

20210211_221945.jpg

20210211_221751.jpg

That's incredible, literally NO VISIBLE SCARS! I'm not a fan of clean shaving anyway. I like to keep a stubble beard. Right now I have a full on santa beard lol. Do you think you could still grow a full beard without any issues?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That's incredible, literally NO VISIBLE SCARS! I'm not a fan of clean shaving anyway. I like to keep a stubble beard. Right now I have a full on santa beard lol. Do you think you could still grow a full beard without any issues?

Pics like these full me with hope ! 

25 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hey Melvin, thanks for the comments. Yeah no problems growing a full beard, I haven't shaved in the 6 days since i posted the photos, so i have the full stubble back, I normally keep it to what its like now but can let grow another few days. I'll stick some photos up of what it is like now and will add some more when it gets a bit longer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Really good 😌 thanks for the update 🙏

Thank you, coming along nicely. Can't wait to get the rest done now. Also not that it makes much difference - mistake in my post- its 15 weeks today post op. 

Hi,

Great work and result from the looks of your pictures. I've got a similar balding pattern, and am waiting for Dr Bisanga's verdict. In the meantime, I'm curious as per why you didn't get the "crown" bit redone.

Can you share the reason for this please?

Thanks,

3 hours ago, woojem said:

Hi,

Great work and result from the looks of your pictures. I've got a similar balding pattern, and am waiting for Dr Bisanga's verdict. In the meantime, I'm curious as per why you didn't get the "crown" bit redone.

Can you share the reason for this please?

Thanks,

Thanks and best of luck, you will be in good hands.  

I don't think Dr B does mega sessions with 7 or 8k graph counts ( open to correction on that) which I need and also the following: 

Having not had an in person consultation due to Covid, it was difficult to judge what donor I had available so I wanted to definitely concentrate on the frontal part. 

Completing the front took two days and I'm not sure I would have been able for a third or possibly fourth day. 

Also doing the front only first also allows me to gauge how well it took and how well it healed. Being happy with everything, I now have scheduled in a second op in May with Dr B to work on the crown.

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Bailey99 said:

As promised, beard pics at 15 days since last shave. Also some more of the recipient, 16 weeks post op today.

20210226_114126.jpg

20210226_114223.jpg

20210226_114301.jpg

20210226_114321.jpg

Screenshot_20210226-115524_Gallery.jpg

You’ve got quite the beard, I’m hoping to get some BHT too, so this is really helpful 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Bailey99

I really enjoy and look forward to your frequent updates and this one didn't disappoint.

*Pre surgery - 15 weeks post surgery

870831858_Screenshot2021-02-26at20_08_47.thumb.png.0f0aedb9ec29c3421cc77f15ab87ab97.png

You are looking great and well on your way now with only exciting months ahead. Very much looking forward to the latter months with your result.

3 hours ago, Bailey99 said:

Thanks and best of luck, you will be in good hands.  

I don't think Dr B does mega sessions with 7 or 8k graph counts ( open to correction on that) which I need and also the following: 

Having not had an in person consultation due to Covid, it was difficult to judge what donor I had available so I wanted to definitely concentrate on the frontal part. 

Completing the front took two days and I'm not sure I would have been able for a third or possibly fourth day. 

Also doing the front only first also allows me to gauge how well it took and how well it healed. Being happy with everything, I now have scheduled in a second op in May with Dr B to work on the crown.

Thats absolutely right Bailey.

Each person`s donor area is unique to them. Their donor density, follicular grouping (how many hairs in a follicle 1/2/3/4), any miniaturisation and the calibre of their hair. It is a person´s donor that will influence how many grafts can be extracted from that area safely, without showing visible signs of extraction and to ensure optimal healing, allowing further extraction in subsequent procedure/s.

Extracting large graft numbers that a patient´s donor area is not able to support, will most likely result in a visibly thinner and obviously harvested donor area. An interesting point is that by being overly aggressive to maximise graft numbers in one session, will likely mean a compromised donor, that as a result will provide less grafts overall when considering possible subsequent procedures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks Ian, the side by side photos are needed to see the difference and I am certainly very happy with how things are progressing. To give insight into that statement - I have seen many great results for different Doctors on this forum but there is still the risk that even going with the one of the best in the World, the results do not achieve the desired outcome. Therefore having done a lot of research and landing where I did, my satisfactory expectations pre-surgery were still basically as low as being described by a stranger as being a balding middle aged man rather than a bald middle aged man. Post op, my plan was to keep my hair in a tight buzzcut which would have been a little longer than as normal, however seeing the new hair come through I have started to let it grow out for the first time in 8 years . Admittedly being in a lockdown has helped this aspect and most of my friends and family still don't know I underwent a procedure simply because they haven't seen me since Xmas but I'm now back in my office and as I mentioned before the comments are very positive. To finish, even if my hair did not continue to improve I have surpassed what I had hoped for when I started on this.

• Like 1

@Bailey99
If you have already surpassed expectations, the next months will certainly be happy ones for you. Im thrilled for you at this early stage!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

19 weeks or 4 and half months since surgery and a month since my last update here. Everything continues to come along nicely i think. My hair is getting longer now though so have a decide do I just keep letting it grow or do a DIY job to bring it back to a buzz cut (barbers are still shut here in the lockdown). I have my second surgery booked in for the second week in May, its not far away now and I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully covid doesn't throw a spanner in the works.

The first 4 photos are with the hair combed forward. 

20210326_083704.jpg

20210326_083714.jpg

20210326_083720.jpg

20210326_083724.jpg

20210326_083915.jpg

20210326_083924.jpg

20210326_083927.jpg

20210326_084109.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qui bono said:

Really interesting case to follow! Given your retrograde alopecia (particularly the losses behind the ears) and higher NW status most would probably have suggested you pursue FUT first, but it looks like youre headed to a very positive result just with FUE and BHT (with more to come in May).

Wishing you the best and please keep us updated!

Thanks for the wishes. 

You are correct on FUT but I chose FUE as my fall back plan was to keep my head buzzed and supported by SMP if the FUE didn't go as well as hoped. I also have a good beard and if required chest supply. 

• Like 2