FUE Dr Bisanga 4203 grafts - 2999 Scalp/1204 Beard November 2020

Bailey99

@Bailey99
Really nice write up and thank you for sharing your photos. I for one am looking forward to following your evolution for purely personal reasons.
You have achieved a solid and impressive graft count from your donor that will be well supported by those beard grafts.
Your healing looks very nice.
Please keep us updated as things progress for you, and Im sure that you will find a lot of support from the community.
Looking forward to your next posts.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hello my friend,thanks for sharing!!You chose one of the best and most reputable doctors in the world,Bisanga is one of my favorites!

Do we have any information about the distribution of grafts ;How many were put in the frontal part ,mid scalp and crown?Also i would like to ask you if you know how many cm2 is the whole bald area that was covered,thank you in advance ,happy growing mate :)

On 12/14/2020 at 2:28 PM, Storyteller said:

Hello my friend,thanks for sharing!!You chose one of the best and most reputable doctors in the world,Bisanga is one of my favorites!

Do we have any information about the distribution of grafts ;How many were put in the frontal part ,mid scalp and crown?Also i would like to ask you if you know how many cm2 is the whole bald area that was covered,thank you in advance ,happy growing mate :)

Hey Storeyteller, 

I can tell you that I had 3000 graphs in the frontal part and 1200 in the mid scalp. I don't know the area to be covered in a cm2 figure but looking at my pre-op photos it is extensive. It even shocked me, as I'd been shaving my head for the last 7 years. Going into this and considering the area to the covered along with what was available in the donor, my goal was more about coverage than density. The rest of the mid scalp and crown will be tackled with another procedure as soon as is possible, If I could get from being a NW6/7 to NW3 then I'd be very happy. You will see from the photos that my donor on the sides is poor, but on the other hand I have a very good beard and an adequate chest hair supply to be able to tap into. 

I am now on Fin a month (1.25mg Mon/Wed/Fri) along with MSM and Biotin daily so hopefully that will help the donor and hair i have remaining. 

Also notice the little shockloss (3rd photo) but that common enough though.    

20201216_125357.jpg

20201216_130259.jpg

20201216_131117.jpg

• Like 3

Hello again my friend.I like your approach,the frontal part needs to be done first as this will give you the most significant cosmetic change by framing your face.You will not believe the final outcome,looking yourself at the mirror will certainly become one of your favorite habits :)

It is a good thing that you started finasteride,this will help you in many ways,it will help you mantain your native hair and make you donor area stronger.3000 grafts seem to be exactly what you need to successfully restore the frontal part.

Also you need to consider yourself to be extremely lucky that you have maintained your temple peaks !!Temple peaks are of utmost importance as they will contribute to the naturalness of your hairline,also no grafts being used there means more grafts that can be used in other areas.

You set realistic expectations and i am sure that you will be more than happy in 12 months from now,2021 will be your year :)

Τhanks again for sharing your story with us,i will be following your case closely!!Cheers mate

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year all. 

7 weeks today since my procedure. Not a lot happening, the shedding seems to have stabilised. It seems I have gained hair behind my ears again, so maybe that is the Fin taking effect, maybe it will help the crown as well. Nice day so outside pics

• 2 weeks later...

Week 9 now. At the stage there is not a lot happening. In normal times I'd have it well shaved by now but as I'm going nowhere with this lockdown i'm going to leave it grow a few weeks. I now also have my second procedure booked in with Dr Bisanga for the summer.

Also do you notice new hairs growing in the Crown in the last pic, there seems to be new ones popping up? Again I think i may be repsonding well to the Fin.   

20210115_194843.jpg

20210115_194754.jpg

20210115_194917.jpg

20210115_194938.jpg

20210115_195405.jpg

20210115-195235.jpg

20210115-195041.jpg

• Like 1

The hairs in the middle of your scalp are thicker, I am assuming that's the beard hair? 

I am super excited to see how the combination of beard/scalp turns out for you, it really makes me more content to know that you can use the beard hairs, as mine is super dense and thick below the chin and not very dense on the cheeks so it's pretty much useless.

Can you both shave the beard and let it grow without it looking noticeable? Any scars?

Also, you're about to turn the corner so it's about to get very fun!

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

31 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

The hairs in the middle of your scalp are thicker, I am assuming that's the beard hair? 

I am super excited to see how the combination of beard/scalp turns out for you, it really makes me more content to know that you can use the beard hairs, as mine is super dense and thick below the chin and not very dense on the cheeks so it's pretty much useless.

Can you both shave the beard and let it grow without it looking noticeable? Any scars?

Also, you're about to turn the corner so it's about to get very fun!

Yes that the beard hair, it is a little thicker alright. When the new hair comes through i think it will blend in quite well. Most of what will be required to finish it will be beard or chest hair also. 

I shaved the head using a 1 blade just before Christmas and I thought the donor looked really well. I have been clean shaving the beard now also and I cannot see any scars, it healed really quickly. 

• 3 weeks later...

@Bailey99

Thanks for the update. 

The first 2/3 months are generally the hardest in terms of healing and then after the initial shedding, not seeing too much change and improvement. Even though we know that this is the natural cycle and evolution, it can be frustrating to have to remain so patient. Once we arrive at the 3 month stage, then the next 3 months are a completely different story with much to look forward to and enjoy.

Having said that, I will attach a side by side comparison of your pre surgery photo, alongside your current update and its clear that even at 12 weeks, your recipient area is showing an increase in hair count. This is a great early sign of things to come, and I am looking forward to your continued evolution.

1509613563_Screenshot2021-02-08at13_09_07.thumb.png.dce210ea3b77ee7f179d7b49c289bb26.png

Edited by Raphael84
  • Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Definitely see some growth 👏🏼👏🏼 I’ll be following your progress closely. Thank you for updating us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:46 PM, Bailey99 said:

Week 12 update, decided to let it grow a little. Not much to report, the shedding has stopped and I notice some hairs sprouting.

20210205_192947.jpg

20210205_193112.jpg

20210205_193233.jpg

20210205_193156.jpg

20210205_193206.jpg

Lookin nice! That is moving!

A really interesting case. How is your beard are looking?

Thanks a lot for sharing!

• Like 1

Yes you're super early on but you can see the growth and the beard hairs seem to have mixed well with the scalp hair even now. 

+1 on the beard pic

What's your subjective opinion on the beard after the procedure? Are the scars visible, can you not let the beard grow any more/do you need to have the beard to hide the scars? I never really understood how it works when beard is used as donor, probably depends on the person

• Like 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

10 hours ago, OliverAtom said:

Lookin nice! That is moving!

A really interesting case. How is your beard are looking?

Thanks a lot for sharing!

My beard is 100%. It healed really fast, was pretty much healed when the scabs fell off after a few days. I'm not normally clean shaven, have always had some stubble. I will have a shave and post some pictures for you shortly.

5 minutes ago, Bailey99 said:

My beard is 100%. It healed really fast, was pretty much healed when the scabs fell off after a few days. I'm not normally clean shaven, have always had some stubble. I will have a shave and post some pictures for you shortly.

Oooh yes please 🤩 look forward to seeing those 🙏