FUE Dr Bisanga 4203 grafts - 2999 Scalp/1204 Beard November 2020

Bailey99

Hey all, been a while since I posted an update but to my mind anyhow it hasn't changed alot in the last couple of months. See below photos from today. I'm now about 8 months on oral Minoxidil. The results are really good and a total game changer for me, there is just that middle part on the left that I'd like brought up to the standard of the rest. I will be going back to Dr Bisanga in the Spring (i just need to organise a date with him for when I'm close by with work) we'll see what might be needed then. 20221216_150610.thumb.jpg.049bd15c1c128695f37ee3bc5404e587.jpg20221216_150606.thumb.jpg.ffcd1dfaba474354a16de0f4630294b2.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/14/2022 at 4:51 PM, ItIsTime said:

I just want to say thank you very much for your post and sharing all this information / photos. I am even more happy because we often see patients 6 months - 1yr photos, but not always after the 1 year mark. I know you had two procedures but seeing the changes and growth past the 12mth mark, really gives me hope and inspiration. Especially since I hope to be going to Dr Bisanga in March. Your results look phenomenal!!!
COngratulations, thank you and happy growing.

Can you tell me if you think the MSM/Biotin made any difference?

For me, this forum was great. Just want to try and repay the help and knowledge I gained from it. 

Regarding MSM/Biotin I think they help hair health. I haven't taken them in months but that is more down to me now using oral Minoxidil and just maybe getting lazy in taking numerous pills. When I get up in the morning I swallow a Minoxidil pill and I'm done.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/7/2022 at 5:27 PM, Bailey99 said:

Photos today, just at the 13 month stage. I also switched over to oral Min almost 3 months ago so it will be interesting to see if that starts to make a difference soon. 

20220707_161038.thumb.jpg.696519dd7e25db673dfacaba7fc78406.jpg20220707_161000.thumb.jpg.37ec3de9a4e1bce2273e4df13555cdad.jpg

Looks incredible. Are you still on finasteride or only oral minoxidil? And how many miligrams? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am interested to know about your beard grafts. I believe you said you took some from the chin? Online I believe predominant are cases where beard grafts are taken solely from the neck, and I for one have at least 100 on the chin that are white and that could be more useful on my scalp if I opt to use my beard grafts in a future transplant. If I am correct assuming that you had grafts removed from the chin, does the latter heal as quickly as the neck?

On 11/24/2020 at 10:55 AM, sl said:

Thank you for posting and as said here, nice clean work and healing very well.

Sorry for doubling the question, but since so many beard grafts were used in this case, a question - is there a fundamental difference in the extraction of beard grafts from the neck and from the chin/cheeks? E.g. are the latter areas avoided due to recovery from scars or some other reason? If someone has not enough beard under the chin, is it possible to extract some from the chin? Is it perhaps to painful, or are there other reasons to avoid these grafts? Thanks in advance!

• Valued Contributor

@Broni having had roughly 7.5k beard grafts extracted I can say you can literally have it taken from any area on the face and neck. Ideally you would want to need the amount I did and below the mandible is an idea area as long as it is the right choice of beard hair for where it is intended for (never in the hairline). Some areas I found to be the best were the side burns, my mustache and chin. But I have pretty much had beard hair taken homogeneously from my entire beard. 

On 1/23/2024 at 12:05 PM, Gatsby said:

@Broni having had roughly 7.5k beard grafts extracted I can say you can literally have it taken from any area on the face and neck. Ideally you would want to need the amount I did and below the mandible is an idea area as long as it is the right choice of beard hair for where it is intended for (never in the hairline). Some areas I found to be the best were the side burns, my mustache and chin. But I have pretty much had beard hair taken homogeneously from my entire beard. 

Have I understood correctly - 7500 beard grafts? How is that possible? This exceeds the entire donor region of the scalp of most guys...

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 10:43 PM, SY7 said:

Looks incredible. Are you still on finasteride or only oral minoxidil? And how many miligrams? Thanks!

Yeah I take 1.25 milligrams 3 times a week. 

Just to give an update. I did go back for a third surgery with Dr Bisanga last October. It was to strengthen the left mid scalp and also got a a few added to the crown whilst there.

In total I got a further 1500 grafts added from my donor scalp. 

20240124_201243.jpg

20240124_201241.jpg

• Like 2
  • Well Done 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 12:05 PM, Gatsby said:

Thanks mate

On 1/25/2024 at 10:00 PM, OliverAtom said:

Looks like progressing great. Could you share some photos from the 3rd HT?

Don't have any myself but Ian from BHR can post my pre and post op photos if he sees this.

@Bailey99

Thanks for your update and great to refresh all from your thread. It’s been some journey.

No problem.

I will send them over to you and you can then decide which images you would like to share.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2021 at 9:08 PM, Bailey99 said:

Hi all,

Update, thankfully I did make it over to Brussels last week for my second procedure with Dr Bisanga and his team. 

In total 3300 graphs made up of 2300 from scalp and 1000 beard. 

Breakdown as follows:

Scalp 

Ones = 231

Twos = 1013

Threes = 934

Fours = 122

Beard

Ones = 813

Twos = 187

Had a pre op consultation on Wednesday where Dr Bisanga was able to examine in detail how the first procedure was progressing and make a detailed plan for the second. The second procedure is to tackle the crown but we agreed that some of the mid scalp could be further reinforced. Head was then shaved and  photos taken. The good news was that the density of the donor was the same at the sides but had improved at the back since the first procedure (fin must be working). I was then back in the clinic on Thursday and Friday for the procedure, neither were full days which left things more comfortable. 

Early days with only being on day 3 post surgery but everything going as expected so far. The beard is also healing well like last time. 

I will give another update in two weeks. 20210614_200316.thumb.jpg.9847d941b2d5d6a052133bd9a4b987e9.jpg20210614_192108.thumb.jpg.31fc9c3ebbf2b285047356d929e062c3.jpg

Photos attached. 

20210614_191919.jpg

20210614_191938.jpg

20210614_192015.jpg

20210614_192037.jpg

Great result overall!

Edited by Broni