Need New Minoxidil Suggestions

• Administrators

Some of you know I swear by lipogaine, but recently, I’ve noticed my heads been itching like crazy after I apply it. It never happened before. I’m pretty sure they changed the formulation and it’s probably lower quality now. It feels like cheap kirkland minoxidil does, makes you itch. I need a new high-quality minoxidil, I don’t mind spending $40 a bottle, as long as it’s good quality and doesn’t make my scalp feel itchy and inflamed. You guys got any suggestions? If you know of a minoxidil with azaleic acid even better. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

29 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Some of you know I swear by lipogaine, but recently, I’ve noticed my heads been itching like crazy after I apply it. It never happened before. I’m pretty sure they changed the formulation and it’s probably lower quality now. It feels like cheap kirkland minoxidil does, makes you itch. I need a new high-quality minoxidil, I don’t mind spending $40 a bottle, as long as it’s good quality and doesn’t make my scalp feel itchy and inflamed. You guys got any suggestions? If you know of a minoxidil with azaleic acid even better. 

I think it's because minox contains alcohol and it makes your scalp dry. I've used Lipogaine, Kirkland and Tugain throughout the years, but lately I found that my scalp is not itching at all if I apply foam minoxidil with a bit of coconut oil. Prevents your scalp from drying out. 

I switched to oral minoxidil a few months ago after using liquid for years. Definitely improved hair quality, and I don't have to worry about the white residue or itch. I also don't have to shampoo everyday now which is also better for my hair. Just half a pill a day. Felt a little light headed for a week or so but that went away.

25 minutes ago, T95good said:

I switched to oral minoxidil a few months ago after using liquid for years. Definitely improved hair quality, and I don't have to worry about the white residue or itch. I also don't have to shampoo everyday now which is also better for my hair. Just half a pill a day. Felt a little light headed for a week or so but that went away.

That too. :) Works great to improve overall density and thickness. 4-5 drops of Kirkland minoxidil in my tea (equivalent of around 7-8 mg), never had any sides. 

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, T95good said:

I can’t get oral minoxidil in the states, you need a prescription. I wonder if keeps or hims does oral minoxidil.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I haven’t tried it, but I’ve read on the tressless Reddit page people using Minoxmax, that has fin in it. Also, check out on YouTube, More Plates More Dates channel, he’s pretty knowledgeable and has his own store for certain topicals, usually linked in each hair related video.

• Like 1

I have been using DHS with Nanoxidil for a few months now. Supposedly no sides. Also have not noticed a difference, may even be thicker hair in the front. Ill need to take pics side by side. I disliked foam and the regular made my scalp very dry and flaky. Easier to apply as its a spray bottle. 

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

39 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I can’t get oral minoxidil in the states, you need a prescription. I wonder if keeps or hims does oral minoxidil.

Will your surgeon not provide a prescription for you?
I appreciate that the US has a different set up and system to Europe, but would suspect your surgeon could arrange this for you.
Let me know.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, deitel130 said:

@Melvin-Moderator have you tried Finasteride?

View my thread

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I have been using DHS with Nanoxidil for a few months now. Supposedly no sides. Also have not noticed a difference, may even be thicker hair in the front. Ill need to take pics side by side. I disliked foam and the regular made my scalp very dry and flaky. Easier to apply as its a spray bottle. 

Nice, can you share a link? 

View my thread

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Will your surgeon not provide a prescription for you?
I appreciate that the US has a different set up and system to Europe, but would suspect your surgeon could arrange this for you.
Let me know.

I haven’t asked to be honest, maybe I’ll ask Dr. Mohebi. He’s the closest surgeon to me.

View my thread

10 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Nice, can you share a link? 

Its in my main thread as well. I have been using shampoo as well. 

https://dslaboratories.com/products/spectral-cbd-innovative-hair-loss-treatment-with-nanoxidil-5-cbd

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, T95good said:

@Melvin-Moderator You can buy it from an online pharmacy without a prescription. 

I don’t trust those pharmacies, they’re usually underdosed or fake. I’d rather get a script and get the legit rx. 

• Like 2

View my thread

Topical minoxidil has been a no-go for me for years due to skin conditions, using the oral, my local HT doc writes me the scripts.

Make sure you are also well hydrated, maybe apply a scalp oil or aloe gel for a week or two at night, wash it out in the morning, see if that helps, maybe its just a matter of restoring some moisturizing balance in your skin.

2 hours ago, T95good said:

That's fair, though the stuff I got came vacuum sealed in original packaging from manufacturer. 

Where do you get your oral minoxidil ?

I got mine Loxidil 5mg 100 tabs from CM4SHOP.