Dr. Wong 3500+ grafts FUT

deitel130

• 4 weeks later...

An update and also concerned. Few days shy of 6 weeks and I'm continuing to shed. The recipient area is also still quite red but that may be normal. The area of my second hair transplant previously had 3500 grafts and it seems I'm shedding quite a few of those previously transplanted hair. During my first HT I didn't have any shock loss so not sure if this is normal as I would assume previously transplanted hair should not have been shocked. Anyone experience similar? Really worried.

I'm also attaching a pic of things were looking at the 3 week mark.

I should also mention that I'm on Finasteride for the last 10 years not that it should make a difference on the transplanted hair.

Screenshot_20201214-222041.png

Screenshot_20201214-222656.png

Edited by deitel130

• Administrators

Everything looks absolutely normal, you’re on the right track. Shock loss can happen in areas where hair wasn’t transplanted. It will subside, you’re in the middle of the ugly duckling phase. But once you’re out, man will this be a homerun.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

24 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Damn that looks amazing 

Thanks. Just waiting to get past the shockloss now. Have had a lot of shockloss to my previously transplanted hair from the surgery. The first pic is at 5 and a half weeks while the second was at about 3 weeks.

11 hours ago, deitel130 said:

Thanks. Just waiting to get past the shockloss now. Have had a lot of shockloss to my previously transplanted hair from the surgery. The first pic is at 5 and a half weeks while the second was at about 3 weeks.

All good man, you’re in the infancy stages in a few more months you won’t be worrying at all 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A bit shy of 3 months but here is an update. Scar is healing well. Still a bit red and some shock loss around the scar but is slowly recovering. It seemed I had experienced shock loss around my previously transplanted hairs but I would say it has slowly recovered. I believe it to be shock loss growing back because if you zoom into my pics you will notice a lot of short hairs around the longer hair but majority of the short hairs seem quite thick. I am also seeing some thinner short hairs but I can't tell if it's my miniaturized native hairs regrowing or new grafts. The other thing I should mention is that when hair is trimmed down for the surgery it looks so much thinner than when you had your hair at longer lengths and it can be difficult cause you don't have the layering effect plus if you experience shock loss. The thing to remember is be patient and have faith that it will get better.

Dr. Wong sets specific dates he wants patients to follow up with him and I can't say enough about the level of care from him and the clinic. 

PXL_20210129_155010021.MP.jpg

IMG_1971~2.jpg

IMG_1975~2.jpg

IMG_2010~2.jpg

PXL_20210129_155548837.MP.jpg

PXL_20210129_155548837.MP.jpg

Edited by deitel130
Added scar pic

For some who always ask about FUT scars. Here is a pic of what the scar from my first surgery looked like. It was not too bad and Dr. Wong was able to cut out and replace with a new one. The only thing he mentioned was that a lot of scar tissue was built up beneath which he had to remove. 

Screenshot_20210129-113314.png

15 hours ago, kramer79 said:

The scar looks fantastic...Was Dr Wong actually able to improve on that?

Do you remember how your laxity was prior to your first ever FUT ?

It's too early for me to tell whether it will turn out the same or improved. Right now it seems about the same which i'd still be happy with.

During my first surgery my Laxity was good no issues. The plan at that time was to get 3500 grafts and probably could have got more but the surgeon didn't perform surgeries larger than 3500 grafts. This was also with a surgeon who was recommended on this site before he retired and I was pleased with the results.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 1/29/2021 at 8:55 AM, deitel130 said:

For some who always ask about FUT scars. Here is a pic of what the scar from my first surgery looked like. It was not too bad and Dr. Wong was able to cut out and replace with a new one. The only thing he mentioned was that a lot of scar tissue was built up beneath which he had to remove. 

Screenshot_20210129-113314.png

That looks incredible

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, deitel130 said:

Been very busy lately but will try to provide 4 month update soon.

Looking forward to it.

View my thread

• 2 months later...