Looking for advice #2

Hello fellow Hairless men!

Looking for advice on getting a second FUE procedure. 

I didnt get any feedback on my previous question hoping a new topic might help me :)
(if this topic had already been discussed please direct me to it, im new to this forum)

I am currently in Ireland (australian citizen) and am looking for a good clinic which is not to expensive. 
I've been looking into turkey however i know there are alot of 'chop shops' there, does anyone have any recommendations for good surgeons there?

i've been considering Dr.Resul Yamans Hair Clinic as he is a "pre-screened physician" rom this site, anyone have any knowledge about it?

Other recommendations would be appreciated! 

Edited by Hairless Ozzie
extra information

While I know nothing about Ireland, your post does bring up  a couple of points.  Most, like you, will look for clinics in your area.  Makes sense.  But you are going to perhaps invest thousands on yourself, be open to travel and increase your chances of a success.  If the doctor in your area is good at what he does then this really becomes a moot point.

The second point is  a "not expensive" clinic.  Can you hear the red flags and the sirens going crazy? You are actually playing with fire.  Do you realize anyone can do hair restoration?  All they have to do is read up on the subject and open shop.  There is no regulatory agency policing anyone.  And the doctors that realize this are or are making arrangements to become members of the ISHRS.  Mind you, this is not a regulatory agency, but it is a group of doctors trying to achieve and establish credibility.  (And here you have to be careful as well.  Imagine a doctor coming from abroad, he does not speak the language, starts taking photos with established members....Returns to his Country...and starts publishing the photo and claiming he is now a member of the organization.  If that doctor just started getting into the industry - start praying for all the people he will touch down the road).

If you are considering transplants, we can assume you are experiencing hair loss.  Do you have family history? What stage have you classified yourself as? Can you post photos? Have you considered medical therapy? Have you visited with any doctors?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LaserCap said:

While I know nothing about Ireland, your post does bring up  a couple of points.  Most, like you, will look for clinics in your area.  Makes sense.  But you are going to perhaps invest thousands on yourself, be open to travel and increase your chances of a success.  If the doctor in your area is good at what he does then this really becomes a moot point.

The second point is  a "not expensive" clinic.  Can you hear the red flags and the sirens going crazy? You are actually playing with fire.  Do you realize anyone can do hair restoration?  All they have to do is read up on the subject and open shop.  There is no regulatory agency policing anyone.  And the doctors that realize this are or are making arrangements to become members of the ISHRS.  Mind you, this is not a regulatory agency, but it is a group of doctors trying to achieve and establish credibility.  (And here you have to be careful as well.  Imagine a doctor coming from abroad, he does not speak the language, starts taking photos with established members....Returns to his Country...and starts publishing the photo and claiming he is now a member of the organization.  If that doctor just started getting into the industry - start praying for all the people he will touch down the road).

If you are considering transplants, we can assume you are experiencing hair loss.  Do you have family history? What stage have you classified yourself as? Can you post photos? Have you considered medical therapy? Have you visited with any doctors?

Thanks for the reply mate :)

As stated above i'm looking for a second FUE which means i've already gone through the process before (in Australia). I've attempted many different medications previously and am currently still on finasteride.

when i say 'not expensive' i mean relative to the cost of my operation in Australia (approximately $15,000 AUD). I dont mind it being expensive overall but i'd prefer not to pay that amount again.

Happy to post photos of my previous hair line, current hair line and scalp. Please see attached :)

48058912_10157091975685921_7926342826005102592_n.jpg

IMG_20201005_163354.jpg

IMG_20201005_163504.jpg

I like the color hair you've chosen.  Less contrast, looks fuller.  I am glad you are on finasteride.  If you do it again, concentrate on the first 1/2 starting in front.  Continue medical therapy. You do keep your hair fairly long, why FUE? Just curious.  You may want to have the doctor do PRP if and when you have a procedure done. This can help bring in the results in sooner but can also reverse miniaturization of the native hair.  

22 hours ago, jimmyT said:

did you try hrbr ?

I just had a look at them, they are very expensive! 350 euro just for consultation, 150 for ever consultation after that and 8000 euro minimum for procedure. This is more than i paid the first time around :s

21 hours ago, LaserCap said:

I like the color hair you've chosen.  Less contrast, looks fuller.  I am glad you are on finasteride.  If you do it again, concentrate on the first 1/2 starting in front.  Continue medical therapy. You do keep your hair fairly long, why FUE? Just curious.  You may want to have the doctor do PRP if and when you have a procedure done. This can help bring in the results in sooner but can also reverse miniaturization of the native hair.  

thats my natural hair colour haha but thank you.

Yes i've done PRP before an it had no effect. I also had PRP on my first transplant to help the new hairs survive and grow.

I choose FUE because it has the most minimal scaring. I want the option to have my hair any style i choose so FUT isnt an option I want.

Do you have any knowledge of Dr Yaman in turkey or any other surgeons you can recommend?

@Hairless Ozzie you should know that Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants and in this country there’s only 1 sure bet which HLC Ankara at 2.5€/graft.
There are hundreds of all inclusive hairmills where technicians do your surgery and cheap Doctors like Yaman that has several botched results posted by real patients. 

If you want cheap your best bet is the Comprehensive&Exclusive package at Eugenix for 1.3€/graft but I urge to save a bit more more money and chose a Doctor with dozens of real patients posting amazing results that does the whole surgery with either stick&place or DHI.

Check my list with the some of the best HT surgeons. 

Hair.jpg

Edited by Portugal25

Just now, PizzaWolf said:

@Portugal25

In Spain and Turkey is there a tax in addition to the posted cost, like with Belgium? Thanks.

Most Doctors in Turkey ask you to pay a deposit and the rest in cash after surgery.

We have tax in Portugal but prices are always including tax. 

On 10/25/2020 at 8:20 PM, servonoparecchicapelli said:

Unfortunately is the only solution between price and quality: for 2000 grafts Rahal 9000$ VS Koray 3800-4600€.

Are you seriously comparing a hairmill like ASMED that was kicked out of HRN for unethical behavior towards several of their botched patients with a world renowned surgeon like Rahal????

ASMED charges more than Dr. Bruno Ferreira, Dr. Bruno Pinto and Dr. Ximena Villa that are in whole other league.

You should do a lot more research and by research I mean look at real patients results at HRN and the Spanish forums to better understand the difference with a highly skilled technique versus tech run surgeries at Asmed and other Turkish hairmils.

You can check my list below with a comparison between top Doctors

Hair.jpg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

Wow, thanks for your table man 🙂

And I really don't allow myself comparing ASMED with Rahal, for both quality of work and density of regrowth (I love his hairlines), but I can't pay 10.000$.

I have to find a compromise.

Spanish surgeons are all booked for now... Therefore as I started with finasteride one week ago, the only thing that I can do is waiting for 6 months and going to Peekiner. 

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

Are you seriously comparing a hairmill like ASMED that was kicked out of HRN for unethical behavior towards several of their botched patients with a world renowned surgeon like Rahal????

ASMED charges more than Dr. Bruno Ferreira, Dr. Bruno Pinto and Dr. Ximena Villa that are in whole other league.

You should do a lot more research and by research I mean look at real patients results at HRN and the Spanish forums to better understand the difference with a highly skilled technique versus tech run surgeries at Asmed and other Turkish hairmils.

You can check my list below with a comparison between top Doctors

688F4693-89DF-46A2-94E1-BE9319B71EAB.jpeg

RE: Lorenzo's clinic, Lorenzo does all the implanting. Techs do the extracting. Saw him this year (hence can confirm). 

5 minutes ago, Smash said:

RE: Lorenzo's clinic, Lorenzo does all the implanting. Techs do the extracting. Saw him this year (hence can confirm). 

I wonder how that works for his DUPA cases, where I assume they need to take care in extracting the healthiest grafts? Figured that would require Lorenzo's expertise.

4 minutes ago, servonoparecchicapelli said:

I have written to Lorenzo 5 days ago for a virtual consultation: no answer.

Yeah, sounds normal. Guess it depends on how many messages he's getting/ He answers his own email. I think I waited three months first time round then he got back to me on Christmas Day. I think he prioritises existing patients because I've had a fast response ever since. Good luck!

There are a number of excellent FUE Clinics you can consider.  While I don’t recommend choosing a clinic strictly based on price or location, there are a number of outstanding surgeons recommended by this community that are on the less expensive side.  In turkey, for example, surgery disturbingly cheaper but be careful, there are a number of less than reputable clinics there which is why I recommend sticking to those recommended by this community if you are going to travel there

best wishes, 

Bill

15 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Hairless Ozzie can I ask how old you are? Who did the first procedure and how many grafts were used? Have a serious look at Eugenix. All the best!

I'm 35. I got my first procedure done march last year (2019) at DHI melbourne by Dr Alexis who did both the extraction and implantation. 

3 hours ago, Bill-Dr-Rahal said:

There are a number of excellent FUE Clinics you can consider.  While I don’t recommend choosing a clinic strictly based on price or location, there are a number of outstanding surgeons recommended by this community that are on the less expensive side.  In turkey, for example, surgery disturbingly cheaper but be careful, there are a number of less than reputable clinics there which is why I recommend sticking to those recommended by this community if you are going to travel there

best wishes, 

Bill

yes i've been reading alot of reviews of the 'chop shops' in turkey :s
Where can i find the recommendations on this forum? I've only just joined so i still dont know how to find my way around here haha.

Eugenix have lots of patient/clinic results on the forum. @Zoomster is prob the best high Norwood result you will find. 
Use the Search function and also the find a prescreened physician to find the clinics that the forum recommends.

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1